Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually it’s a major contribution factor… that is why when you are diagnosed with gd your are put on a strict diet……
Not actually correct. During pregnancy the placenta makes hormones that cause glucose to build up in the blood. The pancreas will normally handle this though by creating enough insulin to absorb that glucose. But if the pancreas can’t make enough insulin or the body stops using insulin as it should the blood sugar levels rise and you get gestational diabetes. It actually has little enough to do with diet. Dietary intake is used to try to control once diagnosed but even then with strict adherence to diet and strict blood sugar levels monitoring many women still find they’ll need medication, especially in the latter stages of pregnancy to control it. There are risk factors of course, obesity and lack of physical exercise being major ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Factors such as poor diet, lack of exercise, obesity and family history are CONTRIBUTING factors for it! Although bad diet doesn’t necessarily cause it…. It is a contributing factor….
also, not to derail any further, it’s not very smart to be gorging on complete processed tit when you are pregnant is it? It doesn’t help with anything! You need to have a healthy balance of everything to prevent iron deficiency anemia etc…
Back to Lisa… hope the twins slept 9-5 😵💫🙏🏾

Your contributing factors are actually just risk factors but they don't cause it.

Agreed though, I like to grow my children off better food than KFC, Chinese and highly processed brownies.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not actually correct. During pregnancy the placenta makes hormones that cause glucose to build up in the blood. The pancreas will normally handle this though by creating enough insulin to absorb that glucose. But if the pancreas can’t make enough insulin or the body stops using insulin as it should the blood sugar levels rise and you get gestational diabetes. It actually has little enough to do with diet. Dietary intake is used to try to control once diagnosed but even then with strict adherence to diet and strict blood sugar levels monitoring many women still find they’ll need medication, especially in the latter stages of pregnancy to control it. There are risk factors of course, obesity and lack of physical exercise being major ones.
Thanks for the education 🤣 too long to read let’s get back on topic lol

Would you have to pay? Would that not be considered a service on the public system?
Yep, about €300. The waitlist is huge in the HSE to get it done and it’s much easier to get it done when they’re a few weeks old. I’d never take the word of a PHN/Doc about it. Was told mine were fine either didn’t have it or it was only mild, struggled through on my first until I took matters into my own hands and went private. If Lisa is reading here do a quick Google, I’m sure there’s someone local to you who does it.

Yep, about €300. The waitlist is huge in the HSE to get it done and it’s much easier to get it done when they’re a few weeks old. I’d never take the word of a PHN/Doc about it. Was told mine were fine either didn’t have it or it was only mild, struggled through on my first until I took matters into my own hands and went private. If Lisa is reading here do a quick Google, I’m sure there’s someone local to you who does it.
Wow, very unfair on the poor babies

Let's draw a line and get back on topic. If you want to discuss other things please create a thread in offtopic as to not spoil this thread for other people

Reactions: 17
The bleeping poll this morning 🤣 I can barely tell my brother and sister apart let alone a strangers infant twins 🥴🤣
Ah but look, she’s taking our advice and changing up the content a little. Ya know, make it fun people might engage a little more 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ah but look, she’s taking our advice and changing up the content a little. Ya know, make it fun people might engage a little more 😂
Brush her hair, get dressed and stop being so obsessive about pumping and there’s a great start for her 🥳 she can have that advice for free 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Brush her hair, get dressed and stop being so obsessive about pumping and there’s a great start for her 🥳 she can have that advice for free 🙃
And supplement with formula? Oh Jesus no! Sure where would her identity go then? Without constantly being milked she won’t have a purpose. And she might actually have to be around the girls then and spend quality time with them, heaven forbid

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m only saying what I have been told 🤣 will you calm your tits and get back on topic I never claimed to be doctor zhivago love 🤣
It’s just more mom shaming that can’t be backed up with facts. My tits are grand 😙.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Would you have to pay? Would that not be considered a service on the public system?
She said it was a minor one that they wouldn’t do. I know someone recently who had a baby with a minor one and was told it would be 8 weeks for an appointment so they went private. It was £200.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.