Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its very different in Dublin compared to rural Ireland šŸ™ˆ we are 800 a month for two full time with a childminder
Ya, mine are with a minder too, two are school going, one preschool and one full time. She does all the pickups. If I had to pay Dublin prices Iā€™d probably only have two children šŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 1
Ya, mine are with a minder too, two are school going, one preschool and one full time. She does all the pickups. If I had to pay Dublin prices Iā€™d probably only have two children šŸ™ˆ
Thatā€™s why I only have two children šŸ˜‚ and thatā€™s why we had to have a 5 year gap between them cause we couldnā€™t afford to put two through crĆØche at the same time. Itā€™s so unfair that we are punished cause of where we live

Reactions: 7
Same! Ours makes the food and everything. Our Dublin cousins are always disgusted (so am I to be fair childcare in this country is a disgrace)

Reactions: 2
Myself and my husband are due our first next summer and already stressed about childcare. His Mam is only a young one and still works full time, mine is retired and enjoying her very well deserved retiree lifestyle!
My ma has offered to take bubs one day a week with a very strict ā€œopt outā€ caveat whenever she pleases. Weā€™ll have crĆØche the rest of the time.
Parents have served their time- these ones especially since sheā€™s living under their roof!!

Reactions: 3
even if her Mam wants to & thinks she can mind the twins itā€™s going to be exhausting once theyā€™re on the move. Living under the same roof there will never be a break. If her Dad is unwell there will be appointments to take him to & possible admissions & what happens the twins then? It might be better to put them in somewhere even 3 days a week from the start.
my mam minds my brothers kids, she asked if she could & promised if she ever found it too much she would say so. She also begged to mind my first, I had a year off before returning to work & mam then had a toddler & my very early Walker a couple of days a week. It was bloody hard work & after a few weeks I knew it wasnā€™t feasible long term, she never complained but I could see it was too much. I ended up packing in my job for health reasons & when it comes time to return to the workforce Iā€™ll find a job with childcare friendly hours.

Reactions: 4
Lisa's mother is also looking after Lisa I'd expect. I'd say she runs around after her handing her her dinners and all. Probably even still doing her washing and now the twins along with it.

Reactions: 8
Her sisters photography insta page seems to be gone now - Lisa had tagged it multiple times over the year but it seems to have been deleted now whatever has happened between them

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Her sisters photography insta page seems to be gone now - Lisa had tagged it multiple times over the year but it seems to have been deleted now whatever has happened between them
She might have suspended it while she takes maternity leave

I've just watched her stories for this morning and I am angry. She's more interested in telling everyone how she didn't sleep and winding the baby over her lap. Cuddle that baby and wind her. The contact is so minimal it's such an alien concept

Reactions: 8
I noticed this, thought it was strange.

I've just watched her stories for this morning and I am angry. She's more interested in telling everyone how she didn't sleep and winding the baby over her lap. Cuddle that baby and wind her. The contact is so minimal it's such an alien concept
I find it so weird sheā€™s never seen cuddling those girls

She could easily afford where is she to live outside of her family home and actually raise her kids in the family unit she paid for, itā€™s not like she is in a rent pressure zone itā€™ll also be much more difficult for her to ever get a mortgage now on a single wage as both babies have to be taken into account when calculating her disposable income so sheā€™d had been much better off to get that sorted before she had the babies or took that into consideration when decided to go ahead with the double implanted.
It was iui she did. It was pure chance she conceived twins.

Off to get her eyelashes done today, says it all really.... dosnt give a duck about the baby being sick, dumped with her mother againšŸ™„

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.