Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never understand the "too risky to announce that early" mindset...I think it really plays into the taboo of miscarriage....ok I know now the girl from remaining hopeful is super early but that's what her page is about - her road to ttc.
For a regular person there's never a too early to tell anyone. So many women still go through a miscarriage and tell no one, they grieve in silence and think their feeling aren't valild due to the "too early" mindset. 🥺
I think a lot feel and maybe I'm wrong but feel that because he wasn't even there and she announced it to 1000's of people. I know it's what her page is about, but could she not have even kept it between the two of them just until the exact date the clinic advised her off. As I said before I find her nearly childish and very much trying to be similar to Stacey Solomon !

Reactions: 8
I absolutely hate the judgement around telling too early. There is such stigma around pregnancy loss. She's obviously aware of that potential for loss but is sharing her whole journey and this pregnancy is part of her journey now, no matter what. My first pregnancy ended in the stillbirth of my son at 41+5. Obviously loss is much less likely at that stage but there's no such thing as a safe time. I ended up needing IVF for my second son and shared immediately because I wanted to embrace and celebrate every moment, and also because I knew I'd want people to know and support if something did go wrong. It's up to each person to tell when it feels right for them, whether that's immediately, at 12 weeks, 20 weeks or with the baby in their arms. It's about time we stop shaming each other for these ridiculous 'rules' which only reinforce the shame and stigma.

Also, having done IVF, the two week wait is a killer. Most people.test early. The 'i just wait for my period' screams of the privilege of not having had to walk that road.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Anywhoooooo…. How’s our favourite pumper today? She’s been v quiet today hasn’t she?

Reactions: 5
Very quiet today. She is either asleep or ordering new dummies from Amazon.
There is nothing wrong with Aydas latch so tongue tie is not the problem, she just doesnt want a dummy. Id be fairly certain its reflux is making her upset.

Reactions: 4
I absolutely hate the judgement around telling too early. There is such stigma around pregnancy loss. She's obviously aware of that potential for loss but is sharing her whole journey and this pregnancy is part of her journey now, no matter what. My first pregnancy ended in the stillbirth of my son at 41+5. Obviously loss is much less likely at that stage but there's no such thing as a safe time. I ended up needing IVF for my second son and shared immediately because I wanted to embrace and celebrate every moment, and also because I knew I'd want people to know and support if something did go wrong. It's up to each person to tell when it feels right for them, whether that's immediately, at 12 weeks, 20 weeks or with the baby in their arms. It's about time we stop shaming each other for these ridiculous 'rules' which only reinforce the shame and stigma.

Also, having done IVF, the two week wait is a killer. Most people.test early. The 'i just wait for my period' screams of the privilege of not having had to walk that road.
So sorry for your loss.
Also did IVF and agree 100% with your comments.
We should keep this thread on Lisa IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ya I’d say it’s best to make a thread for this other one. I would but I’ve no interest in her.

Reactions: 2
Anywhoooooo…. How’s our favourite pumper today? She’s been v quiet today hasn’t she?
Still pissed off a baby didn't sleep till midnight so she's giving them the what for an ensuring they stick to tonight's schedule

Reactions: 1
Very quiet today. She is either asleep or ordering new dummies from Amazon.
There is nothing wrong with Aydas latch so tongue tie is not the problem, she just doesnt want a dummy. Id be fairly certain its reflux is making her upset.
She’s in a huff again 😂

bleeping witch probably had a falling out with the twins for not sleeping 9-5.
I think we really know what’s happening. She’s offloaded them for the guts of the day because SHE didn’t get enough sleep. She can’t post when she’s not awake

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why does she wear granny nighties every day...? Like these days even Penneys does deadly loungewear. No need to dress like an 80 year old to be comfy.

Reactions: 3
Ive just seen this thread.
Ive follow her since the beginning. Sort if flicked through her posts since she had the girls though. Whats the obsession to keep a soother in the poor childs mouth.....
Ive 5 and none of mine have had them. Id 1 very sick baby that crumlin gave a soother to and i got rid of soon as said child was out of icu.
Just a rod for youe back as when they fall out youve to put it back in. Kinda defeats the purpose. Also if they cry and their mouth is stuffed with a soother how do you know whats wrong....they cry for a reason.
Rotten looking too on older kids sucking s bit piece of plastic

Why does she wear granny nighties every day...? Like these days even Penneys does deadly loungewear. No need to dress like an 80 year old to be comfy.
Have to say I have a couple of nightdresses 🐒🐒🐒🐒 and am feeling victimised 🤣🤣🤣 but they're more like that oversized t-shirt look (I like them in the summer if I'm roasting). But hers are the ones you see in Dunnes and Marks on the back rail clearly for old school elderly ladies. My mum's 72 and sleeps in the nip, she would never wear one of those yokes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I also change out of whatever nightwear I'm wearing on a daily basis unless I'm ill......I don't get it. Does she not feel smelly and sweaty wearing it all day.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh I have a few nighties too, nothing against them!!

But even if I'm sick I still change my PJs before bed if I've been in them all day long...to freshen myself up a so I don't feel as gross.

If she's having a hard time coping I hope she has people to help dig her out of her rut.

Reactions: 1
Oh I have a few nighties too, nothing against them!!

But even if I'm sick I still change my PJs before bed if I've been in them all day long...to freshen myself up a so I don't feel as gross.

If she's having a hard time coping I hope she has people to help dig her out of her rut.
Yeah, sorry I do wash and change into fresh ones when I'm sick too.....just meant that's the only time I'd be wearing them all day. I actually think slobbing around in the nightie is kind of reflective of her not being mentally capable of even halfway getting it together. My mum and partner would definitely give me a kick up the arse if that was me 2 months (not 2 days) after giving birth.

Also there's no way her parents wouldn't be making her a dinner with them (even if she was busy with the girls, she could heat it later) and ensuring she was eating. Sure she won't be able to endlessly pump if she doesn't 😬😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.