Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rondoodle

VIP Member
I’ve followed Lily for a LONG time. Hate followed for the past few years but she has said plenty of things and been pulled up and not given a shit for me to think that she is just towing the line right now with regards to BLM. She isn’t educating herself. She is so arrogant that she doesn’t think she needs to be educated. Her attitude has always been the same. If she is pulled up it is because people don’t get her or misunderstood her. She doesn’t give a shit.

I’ve gone back to get examples.
She once tweeted back in 2016 how she didn’t like the Rihanna song Work because she wasn’t saying real words. Plenty of people told her it was patois. She didn’t care clearly about what she has said or how it sounded. Tweet is still there (sorry I have no idea how to screenshot!)

she also tweeted her dislike of the phrase ‘hair did’ and again was pulled up on how it was African American slang. Same condescending tone. Tweet deleted. Lots of outrage but no acknowledgement. Search Lilypebbles aave and you will see her original tweet and all the outrage.

Her and Anna were in the US and she had a massive rant about how they got an Uber pool and the other two people spoke to each other in another language and how rude it was.

and then last weeks running post.

All this. She has been told so many times by her viewers that her words are offensive and she has never apologised, learnt from it or even acknowledged that her tone and words were offensive.

she is the epitome of in built racism and white supremacy. like fuck she is educating herself this week. She is a liar. I hope people see through it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

CatHun

VIP Member
I wonder what Rich will buy her for Father’s Day as a thank you for giving birth and making him eligible for Father’s Day

• Haha
Reactions: 48
7CD0F28C-2AD4-4974-A517-CC634286E60B.png

love curly hair that much you’re prepared to fry yours into oblivion and pretend you don’t have it 🤣

She’s on one this morning pretending she’s open to learning and diversity, but we can all still remember the racist undertones of her post last week about going for a run 🙄 embarrassing display really.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

majestic26

VIP Member
To be honest I feel quite bad for people that are torys Thinking about it I cant really remember many British shows (I have mostly watched panel shows, news shows etc.) that have not, in any way, made fun of the troy party.
Don't feel too bad. They voted to starve the NHS of funds, they voted for dogwhistle racism, they voted for the current incompetence that's killed thousands. I can think of a lot of things Tory voters deserve, but sympathy isn't one.

But I digress! The whole 'follower of mine' part of that story just shows she has no idea how NOT to centre herself in things. She could have just said "this IGTV from so-and-so" but she had to relate it back to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The start of her latest vlog felt so icky and stilted. Her speech about BLM felt disingenuous and I thought that her statement 'it started off so tragic, but has become so powerful' seems both unintelligent and totally missing the point. It feels like she's just saying things for the sake of it trying to hit the right notes.

I've been thinking that I also really don't like this 'the difference between not being racist and being anti-racist' thing that I've heard some of the more fragile white privileged influencers mention (e.g. Lily, Louise Pentland, Zoe Sugg). It's like they don't have to admit that they ever did anything wrong before - they were always 'not racist' - even though a number of us can clearly see specific and numerous ways that e.g. Lily has contributed to racism (and this is when she is on her 'best behaviour' online). To me, this sentiment further protects white privilege as she doesn't have to take accountability in any way, just feel good about trying to do even better and be 'anti racist', which smacks of white saviour-ism.

I noticed that another influencer, Olivia Neill put in the description of one of her latest videos 'TO STAY NEUTRAL IN A CASE OF INJUSTICE = TAKING THE SIDE OF THE OPPRESSOR'. Maybe this is the same sentiment Lily and others are going for, but it feels a lot different and better to me.

I know that this isn't a racism/BLM thread, but I'd be interested to know what other people think about this, maybe specifically with regard to Lily if that's more relevant.

On watching again, I've noticed that Lily doesn't actually take any accountability. She says "I thought I knew it all" - we know hun - she's "always understood about racism" just not "how I can help", and "that's what's been new for me". This is exactly the white saviour shit I was talking about. She says this week she's "learned so much more than she already knew". So, to summarise, she thought she knew it all and she still thinks she knows it all (except more).

Also, can she please eat her peanut butter on toast before she decides to have this chat with us - she's not on the phone to her Mum, and I think it also shows her lack of real understanding about the respect that this issue deserves. I also don't give a shit that petals have fallen off her flower out of shot.

Edited to add: I've just seen that she says her and Anna are donating the first month of their podcast income to BLM charities. I was surprised to hear that at the end of the rest of what she said. I suppose I can't knock that, although I wonder how much of a role Anna had in that - I haven't been following Anna's recent content so don't know if that's a decision she's likely to have influenced.
I'm a black woman and in al honesty I find that most white influencers statements have been so insincere. It's baffling the amount of praise people are getting for finally realising that racism exists. I'm sorry but I'm not going to applaud a fish for swimming.
I'm not sure what everyone reading the same books about racism (all the tweets and IG stories are essentially carbon copies recommending the same 3 books) and watching 13th is going to do. I appreciate donating money but that's not enough. Donating money to BLM and not actively doing anything yourself is still expecting black people to do all the work.
Microagressions are the most difficult aspects of racism as they are so easy to ignore. If I see an influencer recommend a foundation for dry skin and I also have dry skin but when I go to buy the foundation, the darkest shade is the one the white influencer is wearing.
Or if I want to buy clothes from a store but their aesthetic is 'skinny blonde surfer girls' and since as a black woman I blatantly don't meet that aesthetic, I'm made to feel uncomfortable by staff until I leave.
Influencers power is in their influence. Right now they are only using this influence to benefit themselves. Some brands need influencers as much, if not more, than influencers need them. I'd appreciate if Lily, and other 'influencers' refused to work with brands that blatantly lacked diversity. It's not that difficult to see what kind of shade range a foundation you have been asked to promote has. There are brands who if you look at their complexion products, you wouldn't think brown or black people existed. Unfortunately when POC complain about lack of diversity within makeup, we get shut down. This is where the white influencers calling themselves our 'allies' can actually make an impact instead of empty statements of solidarity.
I'd rather one impactful action, than telling me you've read yet another book.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Readread

VIP Member
Hahahhaah this is one of the comments on it

Rebecca Helmana year ago
Lily, no offence but I feel like you've run out of content ideas. I feel a bit uncomfortable with how recently you seem to be rehashing Anna's ideas, from this organisation post to how you did your beauty favourites video - especially when she's gearing up for the release of her book. I feel like when she does that topic so well, and you're both clearly intertwined, how does this blog post really help (burn some candles and wipe down my laptop?!) You seem to have completely lost your own personality, even with your own house interiors, where a lot seems to be copied from Pinterest or The Frugality - now you have a home and a YouTube channel that isn't personal because you're copying from everyone else. Think about what you want to do and have the confidence to do it!

Right which one of you is Rebecca Helman because you are spot on!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Bronx

I’ve changed my dream job. I’d now like to be employed by ASA to take down influencers that don’t adhere to standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Does anybody else think this is peak narcissism? Listening to two 30-somethings talk about their week - with no specific plot, topic, theme - it just sounds so...unnecessary? Plus, these aren’t going to be live recordings, right?

You know what you can’t monetize? An IG Live.
You know what you CAN monetize? A podcast.
🙄🧐🙄

I love me a good podcast, but I’ve realized I can’t listen to ones like My Favorite Murder because I CAN’T STAND the vapid banter back and forth between the hosts. I need purpose and direction.

Reactions: 38

Kat_Valentine

VIP Member
The disgusting white privilege dripping from this post made me feel ill. She's awful.
Considering what’s going on at the moment I find her stories about getting her phone stolen if she goes the ‘wrong’ route on her run, extremely ill-timed and stupid at best. At worst she’s a fucking racist. And you’re right, it fucking REEKS of white privilege. She’s honestly a massive cunt for doing that. I really hope someone pulls her up on it. I don’t follow but sent her a DM asking for an explanation. I highly doubt she’ll respond.

Reactions: 36

leesa_l

3D3A7632-43DB-4BE1-89EB-8BA7B51FEDB3.jpeg

STOP MAKING THIS ABOUT YOU! I’m so sick of seeing people posting crap like this...this isn’t about YOUR thoughts and feelings Lily or YOUR shock and upset by it all.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 35

janedowe

Chatty Member
Can we all just take a minute to discuss why Lily is in the ‘Guru’ board BTW? It annoys me everything I see it. Guru? Honestly? There needs to be a new set of boards I reckon... ‘Z listers clinging on for dear life’ board?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
The irony of Lily calling a shed dull...

View attachment 138982
This is going to be another thing that she regrets and makes a video about in a year. “Oooh we got such a tiny shed because I hate sheds, but no one ever told me that kids like bikes and tricycles, and now Ecru has five because we got them #gifted and there’s nowhere to put them, guuuys maybe we should have got a bigger shed, but I hate sheds, so now we have to move house again!”

• Haha
Reactions: 34

mermaids456

I am a WOC too, and to be honest seeing these fleeting posts sandwiched between hauls and swipe ups is so insincere. She's only posting something because she feels she has to

• Heart

blossombloss

Chatty Member
To be fair, I don’t like Rihanna’s music, so I am not going to buy her makeup. Does that make me racist? Or is it just a choice?
you present yourself as being incredibly obtuse most of the time Mrs McCarthy. It was never about whether she likes Rihanna's music.
At the time when the range came out, it was Lily's job to be knowledgeable about brand releases, a quick google would have let her know about the brand name. Instead, she sneered at it and feigned ignorance at what her reaction could mean for someone going into a new line of business.
Not to mention the overt tones of it "not being for her" wtf does that mean, it carries a wide variety of shades and products.

To be honest I don't even know why I responded to you lol because the point also is - Lily bought the make-up so there's that.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
she seems to love pointing out his mistakes... pretty nasty thing to do.
Imagine a man criticising a woman like that constantly in their so called traditional role - 'Typical Lily - trying to make dinner and failing as usual LOL. Redeemed her self in the end LOL'. Mm.

• Haha
  • Wow

Eskimogem

Chatty Member
She’s making a point in her stories this morning of using Fenty make up. She has previously slagged off the name of the brand and said it wasn’t for her...it’s so disingenuous.
I’m embarrassed for her, nothing she has posted re BLM comes across as genuine, it all comes across as a script straight from Gleam HQ!

Reactions: 31

CatHun

VIP Member
I can’t wait until Rich has a second wife and realises just how much of an arsehole his first wife was.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31