Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes, but going back to the point of the £1500 bag - if it was an ad and they were paid extra money for it, it doesn’t stop them from using it in the posts, photos, etc. Also do they have to disclose it every single time they wear that bag or is there a time limit then? Whilst a mascara will eventually run out, a bag canbe used over and over again.
like I said, “gifted” was never confusing, whilst the new “ad-gifted” is for me, but if it helps others, then it is better. I must add that I have a slightly different view on ads from youtubers/Instagrammers - if it is someone I genuinely like (and not Lily which I follow for lols) I always like the post/watch the video, because it doesn’t cost me a penny but it does make a difference to the content creator. Someone like Immy from Sustainably Vegan only does adverts from really good companies, so I am happy to find out new brands.
Personally I think we should see the item being given for free as one transaction and then the brand paying to guarantee coverage on the influencers channels as another, separate transaction. So me, a free bag should be disclosed as such even in non paid posts.

The reality is influencers are given free bags, they feature them for the paid posts and then bung them on depop a year later. Which I think is why a lot of people don’t trust influencers anymore.

Reactions: 6
I actually agree with them. For me an AD (advert) is when let’s say Maybelline pays Lilly to promote and advertise their product - do a separate video, igtv, post, or all of it.
If Maybelline just send it to her for free and didn’t pay for promoting it, and she mentions it - it’s not an advert, because she hasn’t been paid to promote it. There are lots of websites where you get send all sorts of products to try them and write reviews, but you don’t get paid for them.
I might be just a stupid girl without a first in PR, lol, but that’s what I think.
I thought they were all discussing whether a product should be labelled as "Gifted" or a "PR Product" "Press Sample" or "PR Experience" etc though. They gave some convoluted explanation that gifted meant something your nan bought you for Christmas and not a brand you have no personal connection with sending you the most recent make up release.

I don't actually really mind the terminology as long as it is clear. I'm sure they realise whether they're being unclear or not. I think most people who engage with blogs are aware of what certain terms imply, but they seem to want to split hairs to justify them not disclosing something properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Going slightly off the topic here with gifts from brands versus gifts from your Nan. There used to be a YouTuber called Beata Jonite, her channel used to be called chanelegance (she doesn’t have time for YouTube now, but let’s say she did). And her mum owns a brand called Nolo. So if her mum gifts her a piece from her own brand, would she need to tag it as “ad-gifted” or not? 🙈 Also if something was gifted to her mum (they are from Latvia, and they are kind of celebrities there, or it seems to be) and she uses it, does she need to say “ad-gifted”? Really just wondering here, lol 😂

Babes, your blog is still crap but here we are 👋🏽

Her blog is as boring as she is. Soz Lily but this was hardly blogpost of the year. 5 things she does to make her feel "organised"

1. Clean your laptop
2. Organise and print photos? (organising - no tit Sherlock but how would printing photos make you feel organised???)
3. Clean (again, revelation)
4. Burn a candle (groundbreaking)
5. And start a bullet journal (nah)

Does anyone read this shite?

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Her blog is as boring as she is. Soz Lily but this was hardly blogpost of the year. 5 things she does to make her feel "organised"

1. Clean your laptop
2. Organise and print photos? (organising - no tit Sherlock but how would printing photos make you feel organised???)
3. Clean (again, revelation)
4. Burn a candle (groundbreaking)
5. And start a bullet journal (nah)

Does anyone read this shite?
bleeping dire isn’t it. A twelve year old would do a better list

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hahahhaah this is one of the comments on it

Rebecca Helmana year ago
Lily, no offence but I feel like you've run out of content ideas. I feel a bit uncomfortable with how recently you seem to be rehashing Anna's ideas, from this organisation post to how you did your beauty favourites video - especially when she's gearing up for the release of her book. I feel like when she does that topic so well, and you're both clearly intertwined, how does this blog post really help (burn some candles and wipe down my laptop?!) You seem to have completely lost your own personality, even with your own house interiors, where a lot seems to be copied from Pinterest or The Frugality - now you have a home and a YouTube channel that isn't personal because you're copying from everyone else. Think about what you want to do and have the confidence to do it!

Right which one of you is Rebecca Helman because you are spot on!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
your example works fine for a mascara. But what about being sent Golden Goose trainers, or a Prada handbag or invited to go on an all inclusive holiday for free. What about being invited to have a car on loan for free. What if a kitchen company offers you a free kitchen?

Should those be disclosed or should they remain undisclosed like the mascara? How would you draft the rules to force the influencer to declare they’ve been given a free holiday but they can post about the mascara with out disclosure?
I agree, I think also needs mentioning that lets be honest, the experience that any influencer has with a company “gifting” them a holiday or a kitchen or whatever else is very different from general public using the same company. They are being handled by the PR team who want a positive response and ultimately want that person to tell people how great they are. They will be treated like royalty, additional extras, the PR team might send a bottle of champagne to the room or pay for dinner at expensive restaurant which, to the person getting that treatment makes the company seem like a fantastic brand and they will of course tell their viewers how wonderful they are and it’s such get value etc etc but that is not the experience everyone else we get so I think it needs to be clear when it’s a freebie. I remember a while back Lily was going to that soho farmhouse quite a bit and then suddenly she had to start disclosing that is was a freebie and made me see it differently, I think also she got a coat last year from and other stories and was talking about how great it was and although it was pricey it was worth it and then see it was bloody gifted!! Which I get is the job etc etc but before guidelines came in people wouldn’t of realised she got that for free... of course it’s get a value when you spent £0 of your own money on it!

Reactions: 16
Am I stupid? Surely if you buy a container that is bigger, you can fit in more stuff? Maybe I am not English

Edit-I watched it a few times lol. She says with the glass she can have 3 rows vs 2 rows with the Ikea one... did she realize that she doesn’t make any sense, the width/diameter is also bigger for the glass one so essentially it is the same....she doesn’t have logic or am I really stupid? Also who has the damn time for this?

Rebecca Helmana year ago
Lily, no offence but I feel like you've run out of content ideas. I feel a bit uncomfortable with how recently you seem to be rehashing Anna's ideas, from this organisation post to how you did your beauty favourites video - especially when she's gearing up for the release of her book. I feel like when she does that topic so well, and you're both clearly intertwined, how does this blog post really help (burn some candles and wipe down my laptop?!) You seem to have completely lost your own personality, even with your own house interiors, where a lot seems to be copied from Pinterest or The Frugality - now you have a home and a YouTube channel that isn't personal because you're copying from everyone else. Think about what you want to do and have the confidence to do it!

I remember about this one, she was churning out organizational contents (which she is terrible with) when Anna is releasing her book- sounds very childish and dickish to me. Almost the girl in movie that will made out with her bff’s crush in front of her bff on purpose..

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Rebecca Helmana year ago

This is brilliant! Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Reactions: 6
“Their glass with bamboo lids.”

😳 She’s a published writer, isn’t she?... But doesn’t know the difference between there/their/they’re?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Vix Meldrew has another post up about how hard it is to be an influencer. She spells it all out for all the dumb people out there. Bohoo, you have to think about your blogpost before you post? Bohoo, people don’t understand that more work than you see goes into a photo? Sorry, that’s literally the same in every job! And I think unless you work in a particular job, you don’t know all the details about background stuff, so yeah, bohoo for influencers. That woe-is-me post is so patronising, it’s hilarious. Surprised Lily hasn’t commented on it yet about how REAL and true it is.
Madness. I’m a primary teacher and my school chose not to keep me on when they found out I was pregnant, my leave just ended and schools aren’t recruiting. My fiancé said “why not just become one of those girls on Instagram you look at? They get loads of free stuff for doing buggar all”. Coming from someone who doesn’t use social media says it all really 😅 they don’t realise how privileged they are, so out of touch.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
“Their glass with bamboo lids.”

😳 She’s a published writer, isn’t she?... But doesn’t know the difference between there/their/they’re?
what’s the point of recently buying plastic just to replace them with glass, when there’s nothing wrong with them? More plastic waste in the bin for the sake of the aesthetic

Reactions: 25
Do they not realise by having holiday or experiences “gifted” to them there’s sort of an unwritten rule that they will speak positively about it to their audience? The brand is spending their money on them for a reason, they’re not doing it to be nice or us plebs would get gifted experiences too. So when they speak about the experience it is a kind of advert, whether they like it or not. Just because you’ve not had the cash, the brand have “paid” you with the experience.
Am I wrong here or are they just dim?

Reactions: 17

Rebecca Helmana year ago

🙌🏻 Brilliant!

Reactions: 3
Do they not realise by having holiday or experiences “gifted” to them there’s sort of an unwritten rule that they will speak positively about it to their audience? The brand is spending their money on them for a reason, they’re not doing it to be nice or us plebs would get gifted experiences too. So when they speak about the experience it is a kind of advert, whether they like it or not. Just because you’ve not had the cash, the brand have “paid” you with the experience.
Am I wrong here or are they just dim?
I agree. And it’s totally the case. You can’t tell me if you get a free bag/holiday/kitchen floor that you would accept and then say it’s tit? It’s totally an advert, brands started giving away free stuff to get around the rules and then the rules changed to make them disclosable and influencers kicked off.., wonder why!

in fact as the comments on Vix post prove, influencers invented the term gifted as they wanted you to believe all this free stuff was just a pure and innocent gift from a brand. We know that’s bullshit. If they change their disclosure to PR product for bags, holidays and kitchens then viewers will probably look less kindly on all this PR stuff. Either way though the rules are clear that they need to disclose. The influencers are just agonising over what looks less bad so they can keep shilling tit whilst trying to keep up the pretence that its not advertising. duck right off.

Reactions: 8
I hate the way Caroline shitface replied, it is insulting. I do understand that for company, they will call their ‘gifted’ item ‘sample’ probably because of accounting or tax purposes, is part of marketing cost. Calling it gift on their book may implied that it is an entertainment cost? And then calling us out for not understanding the PR industry?

Stop being shady, all we want is honestly and ethics? If it is a gift, it is a gift. I do have problem calling free hair cut as PR experience, it is a free hair cute loud and clear. Every industry has regulations that regulate them, be clear and don’t fool the people who feed you.

what’s the point of recently buying plastic just to replace them with glass, when there’s nothing wrong with them? More plastic waste in the bin for the sake of the aesthetic
It is usually people who can’t cook thinking that they need all instagramable kitchen and stuff. Her food sometimes looks like dog food

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love how within 1 week they’ve all gone from BLM to moaning about having to properly disclose stuff. Surely this defines white privelage. They have no idea how easy they have it

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I love how within 1 week they’ve all gone from BLM to moaning about having to properly disclose stuff. Surely this defines white privelage. They have no idea how easy they have it
This came up on my feed -https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/white-antiracist-allyship-book-clubs/2020/06/11/9edcc766-abf5-11ea-94d2-d7bc43b26bf9_story.html
Reminds me of all gleamers

Reactions: 1
This came up on my feed -https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/white-antiracist-allyship-book-clubs/2020/06/11/9edcc766-abf5-11ea-94d2-d7bc43b26bf9_story.html
Reminds me of all gleamers
I was just saying exactly this to my husband this morning, our discussion went on lots of tangents one being the mayor of Middlesbrough getting into bother about talking about the lack of white privilege where there’s poverty and I went on to talk about how much I hate my instagram feed at the minute, I keep my Facebook for real life and my instagram aspirational whether it be style travel etc etc but over this BLM period my feed is just bloody irritating as it highlights how many middle class white women I follow and they’re quotes and recommendations for books on Racism yes I would do well to educate myself and I am hence the family discussions, but as someone who was dragged up by a teenage single parent on one of the roughest council estates in Liverpool and haven’t particularly made a great success of my life, I don’t quite feel the need to spend £100 on books

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.