Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bonesmccoy

I HATE how rude and patronising she is towards Rich. Why doesn’t she have a go at anything herself before taking the piss out of him?? Because she’s a lazy, privileged brat who needs everything done for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Eskimogem

Chatty Member
So she’s waiting for Rich & Grey to get out of the house so that she can record her podcast in peace... it’s a shame she didn’t give Rich the same consideration when she let Grey play right outside where Rich was on a work call last week!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

poopettemetis

VIP Member
And here we go. Asking for recommendations of inclusive brands.

Do. Your. Own. Research. Stop. Begging. For. Freebies. Stop. Profiting. From. Black. Lives. Matter.
I sent her a DM. I’m over this. Seriously. Also sent Anna a DM about finally buying a dress she’d been lusting over from a Black-owned brands. Took a man dying at the hands of the police to make you finally press buy?!? PLEASE. I AM FINISHED.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Lechat

VIP Member
I think for a 32 year to be talking about their grade of degree is a bit sad. It suggests since then, there are no other notable professional achievements. My degree features way down on my CV because I talk about my experience. I’m a year older than lily for reference.

im generally not a fan of saying X or Y uni is better or worse or that kind of thing. I think there is still a big snobbery in this country towards where people went to uni but outside of london centric bubbles, in normal workplaces, people don’t tend to give a shit. I’m no more impressed by someone just because they went to oxford or got a first. The point of making polys into unis was to broaden the opportunity to higher education for ordinary people and whether it’s worked or not is a whole debate itself. I do agree that not all degrees are equal and a first in an arts is not equivalent to a first in a science, engineering, law or medical degree putting the uni itself aside. So in a nutshell I am not impressed because she has a first, its just not something you should brag about as well to try come across superior.

I think the biggest bugbear with lily is privilege. We know she never tried hard at school or whatever, uni was probably the option because everyone else was going. You can generally only be like that when you come from a position of money because you know you can fall back on to your parents no problem. Whereas many students have to work hard at their studies and balance jobs and other pressures to get through their degree, even if they haven’t gone to a top uni. I have more respect for that. I just don’t see what hardships or struggles she has had in her life. I remember reading an interview from her years ago which said something like she knew she was always going to have a non typical job, and I remember thinking ugh so arrogant to just assume you’d never have to work in retail or an office at some point like you’re too important for that.

and on it goes, like the BLM stuff. She acting like she’s opened her eyes for the first time and seen these issues on race. I’d love her to do some reading on poverty, educational attainment, working parents, social care for elderly people, underfunding of the criminal justice system and realise there are issues everywhere. Wouldn’t it be nice to see an influencer pick up a cause like kids who don’t get fed in the school holidays and raise awareness continually? I can only assume it’s because of privilege and that they don’t move in the circles where those kind of issues happen so they just don’t even see it’s happening until there’s a bandwagon to jump on. That’s what makes me really mad.

TL;DR: Lily no one cares or is impressed by your fucking first.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Eileen_2019

VIP Member
Can I just say how much I hate when she talks about 'mum days'? You're a mum all the time, even when you're at 'work', Lily. And your content is always shit, not just on days where you look after Grey all by yourself.
Oh, and this whole 'I have Grey today', you're not divorced!! I suppose it's only marginally better from when men talk about being 'on babysitting duty' when they're with their own kids.

• Haha
I love how within 1 week they’ve all gone from BLM to moaning about having to properly disclose stuff. Surely this defines white privelage. They have no idea how easy they have it

• Haha

Eileen_2019

VIP Member
Business woman..... You post pictures of you doing household chores , you moan about your husband, you sulk under the table, and monetise a videochat with your mate.

• Haha
Lily may not have been overtly racist but with the current climate of Black death, George Floyd & Ahmaud Arbery, her stories are EXTREMELY ill placed and unacceptable. Her post completely exudes privilege and, to me, cannot and must not simply be passed off as humour. It is not funny. It has so many real implications for lower socio-economic class members, black people, and many victims of other dispositions that face these real and life threatening problems daily. First step this, next step Amy Cooper? @/heavydiscussion on Instagram explores whiteness in the outdoors space, I would recommend the read. I would really hate for this to slip through the net because it’s not ‘overtly racist’, but alas, for someone as privileged as Lily, it will.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Lechat

VIP Member
To be fair, I don’t like Rihanna’s music, so I am not going to buy her makeup. Does that make me racist? Or is it just a choice?
I never followed her on Twitter or Instagram, just YouTube, so I didn’t remember her talking about Fenty. Rihanna’s brand was always going to succeed, I would be more upset with Lily if she said anything negative about Beauty Bakerie. Also I don’t see anyone criticising Lily (or Anna, Caroline, etc) for not calling out Huda Beauty when she essentially stole Beauty Bakerie’s product.
I just feel like Lily (or anyone, for that matter) is allowed to not like a brand that is inclusive. Like I don’t know, if there is an inclusive brand of tights, it’s better to support that brand rather than a non-inclusive brand. But what if you don’t wear tights?
Or what’s better - to support a more sustainable but not very inclusive brand of clothing/skincare/makeup, OR a more inclusive but less sustainable brand?
to clarify, no one has to like Fenty beauty or any inclusive brand for that matter. The point is lily mocked the name of Fenty Beauty and her excuse was that she wasn’t a Rihanna fan. Fine, but as a beauty and lifestyle influencer surely you would take note of new beauty releases and do a bit of research before slagging the name off and looking like an idiot? I can only assume she was bitter she didn’t get free products from Fenty.

the other thing is that its ok if Lily felt Fenty wasn’t something she wanted to try or buy. But she rattled out some bullshit about it not being aimed at her or not her vibe. Like she was too good to try it even though that’s her job? Imagine how any of her BAME followers might have felt seeing lily dismiss a new range that actually catered properly for lots of skin shades? That she couldn’t even be arsed to try it on their behalf and see if the formula was worth recommending.
Basically what she said sounded like she didn’t think Fenty was aimed at her because she’s white. She could have acknowledged the launch. She could have said, whilst I’m not going to buy it myself because of x y or z reason I respect the shade range they’ve bought out and can see this will be really valuable for many people who are ignored by the big brands. Or she could have parted with £30 and trialled it for her followers to see if she would recommend the formula and tried to be a bit more inclusive.

a few months later she gave into the ‘hype’ and got some Fenty. Again why has she got to give in? its like an inclusive brand doing well WAS a surprise to her and she didn’t really want to buy it. So why did she? for the clicks and likes on YouTube as Fenty beauty was doing well. It just comes across as so superior and arrogant for her to try Fenty when it benefitted her account.

in conclusion I’ve notice lily has a poor choice of words. She is being corrected about using the words riots in earlier stories today. She doesn’t stop to think about her words having harm and she never has done.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Aardvark

Chatty Member
Spending £250-£450 on a Father’s Day present isn’t normal right? Particularly not in a time of furloughs etc? Or is that just me

• Wow
Reactions: 26

B192020

I've experienced racism. I'm Irish and while on a family holiday in Cyprus when I was just 16 a gang of much older English lads called me a Paddy bitch and threatened to rape me. All because they heard my accent in a shop I went to buy water in. If it wasn't for a Cyprian woman making me stay inside a locked shop until the police arrived things could have turned out worse. Little did they know my actual maternal grandfather came from London and married an Irish lady. I will always be thankful to that little lady for locking her shop and not letting me leave till police brought me back to my apartment. No mobile phones back then to even alert my parents as to what was happening.
Before I say this let me state I too am Irish. But what you described is not racism. It’s discrimination. It’s abusive. It’s not racism.

Mermaid456

Lily and these influencers need to really ease up on the influx of posting and re-posting other posts, it’s actually becoming overbearing and they are starting to make it about them. It’s fine we get that you’ve suddenly had an awakening that there’s racial injustice in the world (I’m a black woman btw) but just chill out. Why don’t they quietly watch the films, read the books and take in what they are seeing over this period and allow some time to take it in.

Change doesn’t happen over the course of a week, yes you can be awoken to something, but it’s what you do 3,6,9 months / years down the line is what is really gonna make things count

• Heart

Magee

VIP Member
“Their glass with bamboo lids.”

😳 She’s a published writer, isn’t she?... But doesn’t know the difference between there/their/they’re?
what’s the point of recently buying plastic just to replace them with glass, when there’s nothing wrong with them? More plastic waste in the bin for the sake of the aesthetic

Reactions: 25