Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't wait for her 'very personal' Q&A, let's see just how personal she'll get....... Will get 2 large glasses of wine ready, you know, just in case. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
' I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was 12! I don’t know why, I think as the youngest of three they just forgot to teach me '

Nothing in her life is ever her fault lol, because they don't want to entertain your moaning.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
i have just caught up on the susie verrill thread (and urge others to aswell if you haven't already)... why on earth does lily still follow her / hasn't spoken out? oh probably because she also had racist tweets but managed to get rid of most of them before she was caught. you cannot be anti-racist if you do not acknowledge your own racism. putting up a few stories about concealer shade ranges (and claiming she's always emailed companies when they don't have an extensive shade range in the past? yeah right) is not enough and shows it's all so surface level with her. embarrassing.

Reactions: 8
Ok, thread title suggestion Lily Pebbles #6 AKA Lazy Poobles, Instagrams Dullest ‘influencer’

Reactions: 5
The start of her latest vlog felt so icky and stilted. Her speech about BLM felt disingenuous and I thought that her statement 'it started off so tragic, but has become so powerful' seems both unintelligent and totally missing the point. It feels like she's just saying things for the sake of it trying to hit the right notes.

I've been thinking that I also really don't like this 'the difference between not being racist and being anti-racist' thing that I've heard some of the more fragile white privileged influencers mention (e.g. Lily, Louise Pentland, Zoe Sugg). It's like they don't have to admit that they ever did anything wrong before - they were always 'not racist' - even though a number of us can clearly see specific and numerous ways that e.g. Lily has contributed to racism (and this is when she is on her 'best behaviour' online). To me, this sentiment further protects white privilege as she doesn't have to take accountability in any way, just feel good about trying to do even better and be 'anti racist', which smacks of white saviour-ism.

I noticed that another influencer, Olivia Neill put in the description of one of her latest videos 'TO STAY NEUTRAL IN A CASE OF INJUSTICE = TAKING THE SIDE OF THE OPPRESSOR'. Maybe this is the same sentiment Lily and others are going for, but it feels a lot different and better to me.

I know that this isn't a racism/BLM thread, but I'd be interested to know what other people think about this, maybe specifically with regard to Lily if that's more relevant.

On watching again, I've noticed that Lily doesn't actually take any accountability. She says "I thought I knew it all" - we know hun - she's "always understood about racism" just not "how I can help", and "that's what's been new for me". This is exactly the white saviour tit I was talking about. She says this week she's "learned so much more than she already knew". So, to summarise, she thought she knew it all and she still thinks she knows it all (except more).

Also, can she please eat her peanut butter on toast before she decides to have this chat with us - she's not on the phone to her Mum, and I think it also shows her lack of real understanding about the respect that this issue deserves. I also don't give a tit that petals have fallen off her flower out of shot.

Edited to add: I've just seen that she says her and Anna are donating the first month of their podcast income to BLM charities. I was surprised to hear that at the end of the rest of what she said. I suppose I can't knock that, although I wonder how much of a role Anna had in that - I haven't been following Anna's recent content so don't know if that's a decision she's likely to have influenced.
I'm a black woman and in al honesty I find that most white influencers statements have been so insincere. It's baffling the amount of praise people are getting for finally realising that racism exists. I'm sorry but I'm not going to applaud a fish for swimming.
I'm not sure what everyone reading the same books about racism (all the tweets and IG stories are essentially carbon copies recommending the same 3 books) and watching 13th is going to do. I appreciate donating money but that's not enough. Donating money to BLM and not actively doing anything yourself is still expecting black people to do all the work.
Microagressions are the most difficult aspects of racism as they are so easy to ignore. If I see an influencer recommend a foundation for dry skin and I also have dry skin but when I go to buy the foundation, the darkest shade is the one the white influencer is wearing.
Or if I want to buy clothes from a store but their aesthetic is 'skinny blonde surfer girls' and since as a black woman I blatantly don't meet that aesthetic, I'm made to feel uncomfortable by staff until I leave.
Influencers power is in their influence. Right now they are only using this influence to benefit themselves. Some brands need influencers as much, if not more, than influencers need them. I'd appreciate if Lily, and other 'influencers' refused to work with brands that blatantly lacked diversity. It's not that difficult to see what kind of shade range a foundation you have been asked to promote has. There are brands who if you look at their complexion products, you wouldn't think brown or black people existed. Unfortunately when POC complain about lack of diversity within makeup, we get shut down. This is where the white influencers calling themselves our 'allies' can actually make an impact instead of empty statements of solidarity.
I'd rather one impactful action, than telling me you've read yet another book.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
' I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was 12! I don’t know why, I think as the youngest of three they just forgot to teach me '

Nothing in her life is ever her fault lol, because they don't want to entertain your moaning.
They clearly were not a biking family or else they would have realised that she didn't know how to ride one. Imagine that though! Again, I am Dutch (but living in UK) and I can't imagine not learning to ride a bike any later than say... 4?

They clearly were not a biking family or else they would have realised that she didn't know how to ride one. Imagine that though! Again, I am Dutch (but living in UK) and I can't imagine not learning to ride a bike any later than say... 4?
To be fair, I can't ride a bike. My parents tried to teach me and my sister but I was too scared of falling off when they took my stabilizers off.

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment and then I might try and take adult cycling lessons...

Reactions: 2
I'm a black woman and in al honesty I find that most white influencers statements have been so insincere. It's baffling the amount of praise people are getting for finally realising that racism exists. I'm sorry but I'm not going to applaud a fish for swimming.
I'm not sure what everyone reading the same books about racism (all the tweets and IG stories are essentially carbon copies recommending the same 3 books) and watching 13th is going to do. I appreciate donating money but that's not enough. Donating money to BLM and not actively doing anything yourself is still expecting black people to do all the work.
Microagressions are the most difficult aspects of racism as they are so easy to ignore. If I see an influencer recommend a foundation for dry skin and I also have dry skin but when I go to buy the foundation, the darkest shade is the one the white influencer is wearing.
Or if I want to buy clothes from a store but their aesthetic is 'skinny blonde surfer girls' and since as a black woman I blatantly don't meet that aesthetic, I'm made to feel uncomfortable by staff until I leave.
Influencers power is in their influence. Right now they are only using this influence to benefit themselves. Some brands need influencers as much, if not more, than influencers need them. I'd appreciate if Lily, and other 'influencers' refused to work with brands that blatantly lacked diversity. It's not that difficult to see what kind of shade range a foundation you have been asked to promote has. There are brands who if you look at their complexion products, you wouldn't think brown or black people existed. Unfortunately when POC complain about lack of diversity within makeup, we get shut down. This is where the white influencers calling themselves our 'allies' can actually make an impact instead of empty statements of solidarity.
I agreed with everything you say, they have gone to form an exclusive 'bookclub' just for the white and rich.

I for once would like to see Lily or Anna start mentoring some up and coming BAME influencers, she likes to preach that she is one of the originals then use your skills set to help and share your knowledge. It is not a damn pie!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agreed with everything you say, they have gone to form an exclusive 'bookclub' just for the white and rich.

I for once would like to see Lily or Anna start mentoring some up and coming BAME influencers, she likes to preach that she is one of the originals then use your skills set to help and share your knowledge. It is not a damn pie!
A book club is literally the best way to describe it. Reading books on anti-racism without action makes you as much of an anti-racist as me reading a couple of books about space and calling myself an astronaut.

As salty as I sound, I don't want to completely disregard her. This wokeness has only happened in the last week, I'll be judging how she acts in the next coming weeks/months, then I'll hopefully know she wasn't insincere in her statements.
I saw a suggestion that when events get back to normal, these 'allies' should request to bring a +1 who is BAME. Although I don't completely agree with this (as I think having an event that is 50% white and 50% POC is nice, but weird if it's only like that because all the white people bought their token black friend/acquaintance), I'd like to see a more active effort of inclusion at events on the brand and the influencers part.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Lily Pebbles #6 - Disturbing Rich's work calls whilst Lily barely works at all

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Can I just say how much I hate when she talks about 'mum days'? You're a mum all the time, even when you're at 'work', Lily. And your content is always tit, not just on days where you look after Grey all by yourself.
Oh, and this whole 'I have Grey today', you're not divorced!! I suppose it's only marginally better from when men talk about being 'on babysitting duty' when they're with their own kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Speaking of running, does anyone know of a good HIIT app? Or one that allows you to time your workouts like a HIIT session
FitnessBlender on Youtube is great, haven't used it for a while because I fell off the excercising wagon but it was brilliant.

Reactions: 5
I learned when I was about 3 or 4.

Reactions: 1
As a black woman too, this is SO SPOT ON!!

Reactions: 11
A book club is literally the best way to describe it. Reading books on anti-racism without action makes you as much of an anti-racist as me reading a couple of books about space and calling myself an astronaut.

As salty as I sound, I don't want to completely disregard her. This wokeness has only happened in the last week, I'll be judging how she acts in the next coming weeks/months, then I'll hopefully know she wasn't insincere in her statements.
I saw a suggestion that when events get back to normal, these 'allies' should request to bring a +1 who is BAME. Although I don't completely agree with this (as I think having an event that is 50% white and 50% POC is nice, but weird if it's only like that because all the white people bought their token black friend/acquaintance), I'd like to see a more active effort of inclusion at events on the brand and the influencers part.
I love everything you’ve said! I think all of these influencers’ white followers (not just us salty ones here 🤣) need to take some responsibility and hold them accountable. To constantly back pat and praise them for what is really the minimum amount of effort tells these influencers that what they’re doing is enough.

I’m not hopeful that many influencers will make significant changes to the way they work with brands because 1) at the rate these call-ins are happening, there won’t be any brands left to work with; 2) I don’t think many will give up paid opportunities, especially in the current climate and 3) being anti-racist takes work and we know many influencers are adverse to that.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.