Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
Thanks Captain. Lovely pic. As we're now onto birds, here's a pigeon I fed, watered and photographed on my patio after it got exhausted on along flight home,
That poor little guy is a race bird. That Man (my allegéd "father") kept racing pigeons so I know all about them which comes in handy every so often during summer when some poor little soul flops down in my garden with exhaustion on route back to UK from Avranches; I have had three or four now over the years who stay for maybe a few days, they feed and rest then head off again trying to find their way Home;

A couple of years ago we had a terrible summer storm that dislodged a Dove nest in a cherry tree in the garden which deposited a little spiky squab onto the grass which my dogs found then took me to, I picked Freddie up, took him indoors and raised him until he was feathered and ready to go on his way, yet much as I wanted to keep him I knew he deserved a chance at a life so we let him go to join the other doves. The most recent was a Woodie I found in the field in late autumn 2020 in a storm - he couldn't fly at all, he was drenched and far too young to have been fledged anyway so he came indoors for a few days whilst he recovered from his ordeal then he went out into one of the rabbit hutches until he was ready and the weather inproved. Seeing as the weather was so diabolical I actually had Pidge until last May when he finally flew away :) I think he is still around though because theres one big fat Woodie who is not scared of me at all who sits on the telegraph wires outside watching whats going on - I like to think thats my Pidge :)

TBH we take all sorts in; We had a tiny hedgehog too that a fox had dropped on the way back to the forest; We raised him by hand but sadly he never emerged from hibernation as is sometimes the case; We were so upset naturally. Nevertheless I now have a rather splendid Hedgehog Compound that OH built in case we get another one needing help :)
Well I've waffled on enough - catch up later! a bientot :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Facehugger

VIP Member
Lovely to see you too😊🥰😘 I'm fine, it's been very busy on this thread lately and I can't keep up with the lovely people and the different names! My memory is so poor I have to keep going back and forth to make a post🤦🏻‍♀️ So I've had a few days off. I did go on the kp thread earlier...just for a piss take. No memory needed🤣

So, your chesticles...this is part of Allan's recovery? I'm sure he'll be swinging his light sabre around in no time with that therapy🤣🤣
Bless you Ems ❤😘 I'm glad you're ok, we all need a few days off sometimes. I've not posted over there for days (only once for Pom) there's just nowt worth saying about her at the minute.

Oh yes, just getting our wounded soldier back on form, I'm good like that ya know. Every little helps hey!! 🤣❤😘

• Heart
  • Haha

sleepdeprivedandobsessed

That sounds really nice. I am shy and would struggle with that! It would be a couple of drinks to make me feel comfortable then I'd talk, you'd forget about the books🤦🏻‍♀️

Not that I'm naughty or anything but...
I’m shy too and I only go cos I’ve a friend that goes too. If she doesn’t go for whatever reason I won’t either.

Apparently it was a song our lads sang during the war.
Hmm well my dad wasn’t in the war, he’s only 67… it’s probably something he heard on dads army or something knowing him!

That's bizarre! Though I think I could probably remember some more bizarre songs and sayings from a few years ago😂
I’m always singing random songs from years ago! It’s like they’re permanently stuck in my head! Like hymns we used to sing in primary school assembly and the spitting image song! 🤣

#hold a chicken in the air stick a deckchair up your nose…#

• Heart
  • Haha

sleepdeprivedandobsessed

C9FEDD99-CA98-4B92-807F-DC3EC914CE39.jpeg

Made chocolate tiffin. Wish I could share it with you all as I can’t stop eating it! It’s actually the most delicious thing I’ve ever tasted!!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
He's a little tit isn't he? Quite unfortunate looking too, amazing what he's achieved...🤯
Whatever that is😂
I think the only thing Brookie is going to manage to achieve is being a professional Fiancé / Husband;
Sportsman - failed
Photographer - failed
He's now aiming to be a tv Chef on the basis of a bacon buttie but of course IF he really wanted to make it Mummy & Daddy's mate Gordon Ramsey would surely apprentice him, only he won't do that as Uncle Gordy does not suffer fools gladly and would bellow horrid things at little Brookie :)
No he's not a very handsome chap either, nor is Romeo who fancies himself as a Moddle. Go check out the Beckhams page on here for a laugh at the photos :)
Anyhows I'm off now so I'll bid you all Goodnight; Bonsoiree mes amies xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart

VIP Member
Just got home from my trip to the Hospital for my bi-annual ear clean, bleeding cold and damp outside in my part of
the world. I got to the hospital 30 minutes early and the Doctor was 15 minutes late FFS!!! I'm stiff and sore from last
night, bloody weather forecast was WRONG AGAIN so I was a drowned rat last night. Worse of all my waterproof boots
are no longer waterproof, can't see where they are broken but the water had to get in somewhere!! Anyway I threw the
buggers out and ordered a new pair.

Now I'm home, it's warm, got coffee and a couple of Jaffa Cakes so I'm good.

• Heart

Harrigan

VIP Member
Thinking of starting giving tips for everyday things

today is washing up
1. Clear plate of debris
2. Give quick rinse under cold tap
3. Fill sink or clean washing up bowl with hot water couple squirts washing up liquid. Swish around so it’s good and bubbly
4. Wash up using sponge or brush
5. Rinse in hot water and put in dish rack

I let my plates etc dry naturally or you can dry with clean cloth and put away.

Hope you found this useful.

Nurse!

• Haha

Squirrelina

VIP Member
Am I the only person on here that doesn't understand the drug bit? I was given tramadol once for my back problem, took it two days and chucked it down the sink.I'm confused here?
I took it once before one of my dreaded eye injections. I only took one but I felt drunk, but not in a happy woozy way. Is that the side effect that she likes do you think? I don’t get it either.

Love Hedgehogs and Squirrels - when I was little my dad used to wake us up when we had a hedgehog in the garden!
I dont get many here as I have a mental serial killing cat. When my dog (staffy) was a pup I heard her barking outside - went out and there was a hedgehog surrounded by toys in a big circle - the dog was trying to get it to play with her!
The cat would have mutilated it!
Im having a really hard time of life at the moment, I lost my mom (traumatically) in 2019 after 2 years of her in intensive care, also lost my job and started premature menopause, now my dad is in a care home in a pretty bad way and fear he hasnt long left.
Hence why I get a bit upset at the way Skanky treats AFP - even though AFP is a knob - skanky should cherish her mom - she has been her biggest support in her life.
Sorry to whinge just struggling at the moment - life is cruel at times isnt it.
Anyway love to you all - keep up the sillies - I love it when the KP thread is hilarious - it can be so funny on there, but at the moment theres too much aggy.
Sorry to hear about what you’re going through. Life can deal you shit sometimes. 7 years ago my hubby had to have open heart surgery to fix a valve. Because he was only 44 and very fit they thought he’d sail through it and only spend a few hours in ICU after and be moved to high dependency ward….things didn’t go to plan so he had to spend 2 days and nights in ICU. On the second day when I was sitting with him a nurse came up to me and said I had a phone call….it was his mum in a right state saying his 47 year old brother was on the floor blue in the face etc….she’d called an ambulance but long story short he‘d died a few hours previously. I wasn’t allowed to tell my hubby for 3 days until he was strong enough. I’d gone through breast cancer 3 years earlier but that was nothing to what we went through then. Even now I know a lot of my constant worrying and stress is because I had to internalise everything then and never really grieved properly. I‘ve had a lot of shit in my life but that was the worst….I think when it’s something that hits you directly you can deal with it easier than when it’s something that hits the person you love most 😫x

• Heart

Facehugger

VIP Member
Six foot or so...just the right size for you ❤❤❤
🤣🤣🤣 There are a few answers to that my friend, none of which I shall say right now while it's teatime 🤣 you're a sweetie, thank you for brightening my evening ( now put your head back down & shush till later) 🤣❤❤❤ xx

• Heart
  • Haha

VIP Member
Just, like, poke that pudding across a bit with your fork & put a bit of mint sauce on that cabbage and I'll give you the full 10 😊🤗
Eww, mint sauce with beef?

Anyway, here is a photo of a Robin, it's from 7 years ago this month, he was nesting in my garage,

robin.jpg

• Heart

MANDATORY

VIP Member
Hello everyone... hope everyone's OK... I'm proper pissed off atm.. I got covid end of December and am still off work and still ill with it... 9 wks it's been and still no end 2 infections 2 lots of antibiotics now got pleurisy.. going for more xrays.. off work still. I'm self employed so no work no wages... sorry to go on but its exhausting.. and trying keep going with day to day life ..when your physically ill and mentally tired .. had grandkids again this wkend and am shattered 😲 lol... omg let me get bk to my normal self.. sorry for the rant but I've just got a minute to relax and wanted to vent... xxx ❤

Sorry to hear about what you’re going through. Life can deal you shit sometimes. 7 years ago my hubby had to have open heart surgery to fix a valve. Because he was only 44 and very fit they thought he’d sail through it and only spend a few hours in ICU after and be moved to high dependency ward….things didn’t go to plan so he had to spend 2 days and nights in ICU. On the second day when I was sitting with him a nurse came up to me and said I had a phone call….it was his mum in a right state saying his 47 year old brother was on the floor blue in the face etc….she’d called an ambulance but long story short he‘d died a few hours previously. I wasn’t allowed to tell my hubby for 3 days until he was strong enough. I’d gone through breast cancer 3 years earlier but that was nothing to what we went through then. Even now I know a lot of my constant worrying and stress is because I had to internalise everything then and never really grieved properly. I‘ve had a lot of shit in my life but that was the worst….I think when it’s something that hits you directly you can deal with it easier than when it’s something that hits the person you love most 😫x
Oh so sorry I'm just having a rant of my own... will report my message.. take care xx

• Heart