Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
IMG_20200926_214359_338.jpg

I made some apple cinnamon nutmeg muscovado sugar flour and butter crumble last night. With real lemon (fancy) and hot custard (controversial). I'm a maverick so I just eye-balled the amounts and popped it in the oven. Alerted by its sweet aroma stealing its way across my shitty rented flat, I scampered back like an excited field mouse to take it out and dish it up. It looked so good I scarfed half of it out of the pan I because I am a greedy goblin. I don't have an SB but if I did I'm sure he'd declare it best ever, while licking his lips and eyeing up the oven dish for seconds.

I am considering blending the leftovers as a base for stew/casserole/curry/pasta sauce. Or I might sandwich it between two malted milks with generous dollops of biscoff.

Cost 0.70 per portion if you don't count what I already had in the house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
View attachment 255828
People are still offering her things and she’s ever so sanctimoniously telling them to give them away and she would hate to think of things going to her instead of others.
why on earth would squiggle want money saving hacks from someone who has published 6 books, appeared on TV, had a food column in the guardian yet still can apparently only afford to live off of eyelid sausages and smart price beans?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Nearly 500 tweets since she reactivated but absolutely wasn’t coming back.

Her reply to the tweet up thread. “It’s not just me”. Good lord the self importance. View attachment 255520
So full of herself, with so little reason. The narcissism is absolutely breathtaking.
Bleating on about her “body of work” - so pompous. It’s “not just me” who is doing “excellent work”. She thinks she’s doing “excellent work”??? When she has spent the last few months since lockdown furthering only her own interests??? And how does she have the nerve to put herself in the same category as Marcus and the others that she names?? FFS.

Looking the organisations she mentions, I have clocked up two years unpaid and five years paid work for one and eleven years unpaid work for another. In all that time I've never heard her name mentioned once despite receiving updates if a celeb so much as thinks of farting in our direction. I expect she's involved in top secret high level stuff that's far too complex for below stairs to know about.
Just like she attempted to position herself as some kind of major contributor to the Food Strategy report when that was published this summer - but it then emerged that she wasn’t mentioned anywhere in the 2 whole pages of acknowledgements, nor in the very long list of organisations and individuals who were spoken to in the preparation of the report.
She is a shameless bullshitter, and the more she makes these ludicrous claims, the more her Twitter followers will see it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 67

Tabitha D

VIP Member
The thing that pisses me off most about her now claiming poverty is that - unlike a great many ordinary people - she has done very well out of lockdown. In particular:
(1) There was the Hellmann’s job - she said herself that this paid 5 figures (so *at least* £10,000 - could have been more - for 45 minutes’ work a week, when she could be arsed to turn up, and little to no prep, judging by the results).
(2) She had 2 weeks of DKL - that would have paid significantly more than Hellmann’s, I’d guess. So another £10,000+.
(3) She published a book - so there will be royalties etc. from that PLUS royalties from her previous books.
(4) She’s currently writing another book, possibly 2 books - so I assume she would have received an advance?
(5) She did that housing conference thing - a paid gig.
(6) The monthly Patreon cash continues to roll in, and she has increased her subscribers.
(7) Not forgetting her ongoing income from ads, affiliate links and monetised videos.
That’s quite a bit of income since March. Much better than the average person’s, I’d say. She is a shameless bullshitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Silver Linings

VIP Member
The sheer brass neck of the woman assuming a supermarket was named after her.

Like she is the only person in the world called Jack. Argrghghgh the arrogance infuriates me.

Aww Naya. That reminds me, remember when Jack jumped on that bandwagon and then deleted the tweets. Speaking of tweets, she’s had her Station Officer Steele hat on this afternoon and has been tweeting about fire safety tips. She is scarred from listening to someone stuck in a grain silo, which I have to confess I snort laughed at as I tried to sneakily grunk.
308D6C95-0EA9-4B7C-AEE7-4F12D919C656.jpeg

Perhaps she can also teach us how to walk one foot in front of the other, inhaling oxygen as we go. And fucking ‘gas station’. 🙄🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Emmapism

VIP Member
You know what needs to come back into fashion? Deferring to others who have more experience than yourself.

So many Tom, Dick and Jacks need to have an opinion on everything. It's okay to go 'dunno man, I only worked there for five minutes so I couldn't comment'

• Heart
  • Haha

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Our little group....ah bless. It's more than a little group Jack ...you are clearly reading here.

We know you're a bullshitter so put your "writing hand" away....we have proof of the deleted tweets and chaos.

Stop pretending you are poor.
I had 109 likes on a post yesterday and them plus me plus Jack is 111 people. How many watchers did you get on your Hellmann’s live Jackie?

• Haha
  • Heart

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
This morning Mr Walkdengirl announced that it was shorts weather no more, and he needed to dig out his work trousers, it was all I could do not to shout traazers.

I feear that tattle has got to me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
All that fire hazard safety chat from a woman whos house looks like an episode of Hoarders. Ovens balanced on top of microwaves. Remember her DKL setup with all the plugs and wires. Sure, jan

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65