Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It goes bluemould often before it even hits it's best before date. 5+ years working in the bakery/bread dept at a supermarket here I consider myself an EXPERT. And yes she could build herself a forever home with day old tiger rolls they'd be that hard.
tiger rolls make a good soup bowl because they are so sturdy on the outside.

Reactions: 18
Tbf there are curries that use liver and other offal. Takatak for example. I still wouldnt eat it though 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Tbf there are curries that use liver and other offal. Takatak for example. I still wouldnt eat it though 🤮
Just the idea makes me heave. Especially since she’ll probably grate the stuff. 🤢
Why not just make a chicken liver pate, it’s easy and tasty and a little goes a long way.

ETA: I also can’t really see liver curry taking off with her “second biggest audience” 🙄 in the US.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I thought she carried a 93kg sideboard home on her own?!

Yes I know, that was THEN, this is NOW. Once again proving her stories are not only vomit inducing but completely fabricated.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Can't she just make liver with onion gravy with mash like a normal person?

You can't make a few meals using a bag of stir fry veg that is already on the turn 🤢.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My daughter is on way home and texted asking what’s for tea. I’ve told her curried liver. Suspect she’ll just stay on the bus forever.

• Haha
Reactions: 73
A quick Google produces this, which doesn't look impossible to me, flavourwise (I'll get my coat!) But I freely admit that it's seriously lacking in the aesthetics department.

Reactions: 11
Is she expecting her lad to get excited about bacon and potato pancakes for breakfast on a Monday morning? 😂😂😂 (or any morning on a school day)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This. This is exactly what pisses me off, that she doesn’t have a bleeping clue about foodbanks for the past eight years, and yet people hang on her every word.

No, anyone (as we did at the food bank I helped at) would throw the food away. Do you know why? Because they shouldn’t ever be made to feel like they are worth food that is past it’s used by date, whether it’s there in a separate tray or not, people feel a burden and may feel obliged to take it because in their head they don’t deserve any help. Same with donating Smartprice stuff, I remember saying way back during DKL not to donate it as buying a better brand helps people to feel more human.

At a food bank your role is to help and equip people with enough food to last a few days, not as a drop off point to get rid of your 10p Asda salad bags. She is utterly clueless about how people feel who are put into this position, I actually dislike her because she does way more harm to people who genuinely need the help than good. I wish she’d duck off and go do some politics where she can cause less damage than to disadvantaged people.

Apologies for the rant, the people I saw during lockdown during those few months helping will stay with me forever. Children waiting for us to arrive with their food when dropping off, raking through the bag for treats. To think that goes on every day and the utter shite she spouts rather than trying to help. With Jack all she does is self promotion. That £20 shopping is to fuel her own ego, nothing more.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 94
My daughter is on way home and texted asking what’s for tea. I’ve told her curried liver. Suspect she’ll just stay on the bus forever.
Good call for her. 😉
😅also don't be surprised if man in white coats come to take you on "special journey" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m very pleased she went to Asda today. I was there yesterday morning and genuinely concerned for my shins.
Can’t wait to see what delicious meals she makes with her mini haul this week...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.