Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how much of her food is put through the books as business expenses? I am sure most of her other purchases are also paid for out of the business.
A friend of mine runs a music venue and puts through all her personal food shopping as a business expense as if it is was ever investigated she can claim it is for artist riders.

Jack could absolutely put all her food/travel/sideboard expenses on the businesses (if she doesn't already) and say it is research/recipe development etc. She will also get tax relief on some of her utilities as she will say her home is her office. Books, make up, travel, clothes and more including her broadband and multiple phone contracts can also all be claimed for.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Although Louisa is tagged at the Cheval Edinburgh Grand in March 2019, so could’ve been there?

(ETA it’s also an apartment hotel by the looks of things, but looks pricier than the place Jack stayed).
Cheval Grand???! @Tabitha D, have you inadvertently stumbled on the inspiration for Sauce Béchamel à la Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
A friend of mine runs a music venue and puts through all her personal food shopping as a business expense as if it is was ever investigated she can claim it is for artist riders.

Jack could absoutely put all her food/travel/sideboard expenses on the businesses (if she doesn't already) and say it is research/recipe development etc. She will also get tax relief on some of her utilities as she will say her home is her office. Books, make up, travel and clothes and more can also all be claimed for.
Shouldn't she inform the council that the "crappy bungalow" is being used for business purposes rather than just residential? My uncle got into a shed load of trouble for running a business from a private dwelling, and all he was doing was the office admin. Something to do with business rates rather that residential council tax, not exactly sure, but he had a lot of money to shell out.

All that needs to happen is someone to report her, as happened to my uncle (who has joined Viv, god rest her) and she will be be under investigation.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
and here's dinner with answers to our queries! that pasta ain't smartprice 🥴

oh, that's not actually dinner...? was that last night's then?

Screenshot_20200926-160451_Twitter.jpg
20200926_160533.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Shouldn't she inform the council that the "crappy bungalow" is being used for business purposes rather than just residential? My uncle got into a shed load of trouble for running a business from a private dwelling, and all he was doing was the office admin. Something to do with business rates rather that residential council tax, not exactly sure, but he had a lot of money to shell out.

All that needs to happen is someone to report her, as happened to my uncle (who has joined Viv, god rest her) and she will be be under investigation.
I imagine the landlord would be a bit concerned about that as they may end up having to foot any bill.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Sounds like the 'chemical rollercoaster' is, as I suspected at the time, having to stop the inappropriately prescribed by a private doctor ADHD medication and take something else instead. So amphetamine withdrawals.

Oh, well.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.