Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aww Naya. That reminds me, remember when Jack jumped on that bandwagon and then deleted the tweets. Speaking of tweets, she’s had her Station Officer Steele hat on this afternoon and has been tweeting about fire safety tips. She is scarred from listening to someone stuck in a grain silo, which I have to confess I snort laughed at as I tried to sneakily grunk. View attachment 255052
Perhaps she can also teach us how to walk one foot in front of the other, inhaling oxygen as we go. And bleeping ‘gas station’. 🙄🙄
What about an overflowing kitchen bin? Isn‘t that basically kindling for when the extension leads dangling over your hob catch fire, joined swiftly by the crappy oven you’ve got perched above head height? Before the fire lunges out towards the garden shed where you keep your gas canisters and camping stoves, all ending in a massive fireball that takes out your luxury hammock? More tips please, Jack!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Aww Naya. That reminds me, remember when Jack jumped on that bandwagon and then deleted the tweets. Speaking of tweets, she’s had her Station Officer Steele hat on this afternoon and has been tweeting about fire safety tips. She is scarred from listening to someone stuck in a grain silo, which I have to confess I snort laughed at as I tried to sneakily grunk. View attachment 255052
Perhaps she can also teach us how to walk one foot in front of the other, inhaling oxygen as we go. And bleeping ‘gas station’. 🙄🙄
Where exactly is Southend? 🤔 gas station, thrift shop, has the eye/tap interface caused some sort of concussion? Does she think this is the U.S?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
All that fire hazard safety chat from a woman whos house looks like an episode of Hoarders. Ovens balanced on top of microwaves. Remember her DKL setup with all the plugs and wires. Sure, jan
This may come as shocking news to Jack but most regional fire services have an entire section devoted to home fire safety and prevention. Including hoarding. Whole teams of hard working, very experienced staff helping people out in their communities.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm genuinely quite horrified by this. How can anyone promote five dinners all based on sausages? It's insane. I'm sure our Jack was their consultant. It's the only explanation that makes sense.
Maybe she's doing a photoshoot for a collaboration with them .😲

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This may come as shocking news to Jack but most regional fire services have an entire section devoted to home fire safety and prevention. Including hoarding. Whole teams of hard working, very experienced staff helping people out in their communities.
What?! Sorry you must have it wrong, dear. Jack Monroe was and is the one and only nation's leading Fire Safety Expert. Is it any wonder she is so busy and exhausted that one morning school run calls for her to go back to bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
What?! Sorry you must have it wrong, dear. Jack Monroe was and is the one and only nation's leading Fire Safety Expert. Is it any wonder she is so busy and exhausted that one morning school run calls for her to go back to bed.
Gosh. Yes. My silly brain 😜. I forgot Jack managed to gain decades of experience in a few months (what with working 27 hours a day). Enough experience, in fact, to be head hunted for advice after Grenfell.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
You know what needs to come back into fashion? Deferring to others who have more experience than yourself.

So many Tom, Dick and Jacks need to have an opinion on everything. It's okay to go 'dunno man, I only worked there for five minutes so I couldn't comment'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
It would be like the Krypton Factor if she had to escape quickly ! Right you're cleared 3 sideboards squeeze by the Smeg then avoid your £300 quid mirror now breathe .

• Haha
I had an actual enema today (in hospital for exploratory surgery) which was probably preferable to swigging down Jackie’s slop.
I'm only laughing as I've had one too (and that horrible painful camera test up the unmentionables) and wholeheartedly agree with you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Anyways peeps. Seeing as I am blocked on Twitter. What’s for dinner.....
Still pretending to do £20 meals?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
You know what needs to come back into fashion? Deferring to others who have more experience than yourself.

So many Tom, Dick and Jacks need to have an opinion on everything. It's okay to go 'dunno man, I only worked there for five minutes so I couldn't comment'
Indeed. Part of my (peripatetic!) job involves doing that very thing. Imagine! Not thinking you know it bleeping all? Even after actual real life decades of experience. Pfft.

You may have guessed, dear Fraus, I am not in the mood for nonsense. Not least because, as well as working all last night and then again this afternoon, I got caught in some weird wormhole trying to get my 'head meds' 😬. Which involved a meds review, but I can't see or speak to anyone for that. Head zaps a-go-go for me this weekend 🙄. I apologise for any unnecessary snippyness (m'lud).

Anyway, WHAT'S FOR DINNER? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Th
Who the duck needs a recipe for sausage, chips & beans? Or Sausage, mash, peas & gravy? 😫
The Jackolytes
Can you imagine Jack's recipe for sausage, mash, peas and gravy?

INGREDIENTS
6 x sausages (3p each)
Asda essential cola (17p) - to marinade the sausages
1 tin of sweetcorn INC. ephemera
Instant potato mash
POBP
1 tin spaghetti hoops (rinsed) mixed with 1 tin of marrowfat peas
red lentils
Gravy granules
1 kilo lard
Handful of kale
1 tin Tesco finest sardines
1 5 day old bag of lettuce
1 cup cold tea
3 tablespoons tomato puree mixed with 500ml stock & some tiny bits of carrot

EQUIPMENT
Bullet blender
Slow cooker
Mandolin
Sieve
Chainsaw
Le Creuset casserole dish
Sunglasses
Potato ricer
Air Fryer (aff link)
Shouldn’t that be a fistful of kale?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyways peeps. Seeing as I am blocked on Twitter. What’s for dinner.....
Still pretending to do £20 meals?
she hasn't posted dinner yet

nowt since she was wittering to a squiggle about all the fire hazards her dad has warned her about.

these include, but are not limited to, electric blankets, silos, motorbikes and ouija boards. well, the ouija board isn't strictly a fire hazard, but there was wittering 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Where exactly is Southend? 🤔 gas station, thrift shop, has the eye/tap interface caused some sort of concussion? Does she think this is the U.S?
Lol. I live in the Southend area and I don’t recognise the places she talks about 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
For the price of printer ink you could probably buy sausages with 0% eyelash content instead of printing out half page pictures of David Cameron?
If it leads her new client and people in general to google "jack monroe david cameron" then I for one wholeheartedly approve of her shrine to the swine-shagger

• Haha
she hasn't posted dinner yet

nowt since she was wittering to a squiggle about all the fire hazards her dad has warned her about.

these include, but are not limited to, electric blankets, silos, motorbikes and ouija boards. well, the ouija board isn't strictly a fire hazard, but there was wittering 🥴

Well you have to be careful the ghost you wanna talk too isnt a pyromaniac! 🤷 it's very important don't ya know.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.