Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course our dear heart had something to say on Jack's supermarket sharing her name. Bold of her to assume she has functioning taste buds if she thinks all green herbs can be substitued for each other.

View attachment 255002
Now I ain't no influencer but surely if you want a brand partnership the best thing not to do is write an entire article slagging them off?! Also, after MistyEyedRhetoricGate, what supermarket would touch her with a bargepole?
😂Reasonably well known? Yeah if you live inside twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Of course our dear heart had something to say on Jack's supermarket sharing her name. Bold of her to assume she has functioning taste buds if she thinks all green herbs can be substitued for each other.

View attachment 255002
Now I ain't no influencer but surely if you want a brand partnership the best thing not to do is write an entire article slagging them off?! Also, after MistyEyedRhetoricGate, what supermarket would touch her with a bargepole?
I hate the way she makes herself out as such a gentle, unassuming soul - "tentatively" "reaching out" to see if they want to collaborate. Frame it truthfully, Jack, you brazenly suggested a lucrative partnership which would result in plenty of publicity and sweet, sweet dollar for the exposure you so crave. Just like Daddy dearest with his incessant local-press seeking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
They would not Not unless there was a serious risk of immediate harm.

I keep banging on about this because it is such a dangerous message to parents- seek help for your mental health and risk losing your children.
Absolutely this - it’s very important for parents to understand that seeking help for mental health does not put your children at risk of being taken away. Please seek help when you need it; you’ll be offered support, you will not be penalised.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
They would not Not unless there was a serious risk of immediate harm.

I keep banging on about this because it is such a dangerous message to parents- seek help for your mental health and risk losing your children.
Sorry, I keep replying, but this. Jack was saying that she had been sober for a week in 2019, claiming ludicrous amounts of alcohol that she had been consuming but that she is now not drinking. Lots of publicity and Guardian articles but at no point did anyone suggest that her child should be taken off her.
She is a wild fantasist but her words could really harm others.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She really is such a mithering turnip, what bleeping cheese you numpty? If she didn't know why Jack's is called Jack's does she have any idea how Tesco's got its name? For someone so obsessed with clarity and detail she seems oddly uninformed about the simplest of things.

She would have known, or searched it. However she always uses the 'lots of people contacted me to ask ....' to initiate whatever is her narrative du jour.

There's only ever ONE Mrs J. #Jacktime

I'm hoping for a little Christmas romance for Jackie. No woman can survive on fingering leeks alone. I can imagine the Frauternity will be most welcoming.

• Haha
The sheer brass neck of the woman assuming a supermarket was named after her.

Like she is the only person in the world called Jack. Argrghghgh the arrogance infuriates me.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
It's delusions of grandeur, all of it. When you think about how furious she was that JO got that channel 4 lockdown show. She truly, truly thought that should have been hers. It's the equivalent of a Hollyoaks actor kicking off about not being cast instead of Brad Pitt. Imagine Nigella posting a selfie at a lake and alluding to 'might jump in, but probably not' every few months. Best of all, it paid off and she actually got such a good opportunity out of it.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
She really is such a mithering turnip, what bleeping cheese you numpty? If she didn't know why Jack's is called Jack's does she have any idea how Tesco's got its name? For someone so obsessed with clarity and detail she seems oddly uninformed about the simplest of things.
'mithering turnip' overtaking 'ludicrous prune' for best comeback 🤣

• Haha
Ohhhhhh I can’t keep up with these threads at the mo! But I had to comment on that insta post from the last thread because it made me absolutely seethe. You know she absolutely loved that two people were concerned for her and took time out of their day to pay some attention to fragile little troubled Jack (if it happened which it probably didn’t). It’s so pathetic. Jack Monroe, the protagonist of reality.

‘Notoriously deep lake’. How deep does a lake have to be to obtain notoriety? Does it penetrate into the earth’s core? Is it a gateway into hell? To be fair I’d consider any place with Jack sat waiting at the end of it the gateway to hell.
‘Bid each other good day’. I see poor little urchin Jack was still trapped in the ol’ Dickens novel.

This happens a lot with her writing. If you stop to imagine the actual scenario as described, it’s ludicrous (prune), as routinely pointed out on here. Jack having a quick chat about dogs and ducks with a couple of blokes who’d been concerned she was going to harm herself, tipping their hats to each other and merrily bidding, “Good day!” Jack opening the front door without the postman noticing because he’s too absorbed in standing on her doorstep, rocking on his heels and sniffing the rinsed beans like a Bisto kid.
CBAC6D36-D650-4258-941D-EE9ED71BFC4C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
The sheer brass neck of the woman assuming a supermarket was named after her.

Like she is the only person in the world called Jack. Argrghghgh the arrogance infuriates me.

Aww Naya. That reminds me, remember when Jack jumped on that bandwagon and then deleted the tweets. Speaking of tweets, she’s had her Station Officer Steele hat on this afternoon and has been tweeting about fire safety tips. She is scarred from listening to someone stuck in a grain silo, which I have to confess I snort laughed at as I tried to sneakily grunk.
308D6C95-0EA9-4B7C-AEE7-4F12D919C656.jpeg

Perhaps she can also teach us how to walk one foot in front of the other, inhaling oxygen as we go. And bleeping ‘gas station’. 🙄🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66

View attachment 255002
What is she talking about?! I've never heard of Jack's supermarkets. I've just googled and it literally tells you on the home page the stores were named after the Tesco founder, Jack Cohen 😂😂😂. Why would a supermarket name themselves after her anyway?!

Anyway, a pleasing mini grunka after a BUSY afternoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
All that fire hazard safety chat from a woman whos house looks like an episode of Hoarders. Ovens balanced on top of microwaves. Remember her DKL setup with all the plugs and wires. Sure, jan

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
It's delusions of grandeur, all of it. When you think about how furious she was that JO got that channel 4 lockdown show. She truly, truly thought that should have been hers. It's the equivalent of a Hollyoaks actor kicking off about not being cast instead of Brad Pitt. Imagine Nigella posting a selfie at a lake and alluding to 'might jump in, but probably not' every few months. Best of all, it paid off and she actually got such a good opportunity out of it.
Like when she did a huge public apology to THAT MAN.

Jack hun, he doesn’t give a sweet tit/know who the flying duck you are anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
‘Bid each other good day’. I see poor little urchin Jack was still trapped in the ol’ Dickens novel.

This happens a lot with her writing. If you stop to imagine the actual scenario as described, it’s ludicrous (prune), as routinely pointed out on here. Jack having a quick chat about dogs and ducks with a couple of blokes who’d been concerned she was going to harm herself, tipping their hats to each other and merrily bidding, “Good day!” Jack opening the front door without the postman noticing because he’s too absorbed in standing on her doorstep, rocking on his heels and sniffing the rinsed beans like a Bisto kid.
View attachment 255051
I know someone who was the bisto kid 🤫🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.