Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scarletfever

VIP Member
I'm bored so I made a little list of all the ingredients she admitted to using this week that weren't included on her blasted stock take:

Soy sauce
Soya milk
Skimmed milk
Pasta
Lentils
Red pepper
Kale
Mustard
Oil
Eggs
Soft cream cheese (> a metric ton)
Tesco Finest Sardines
Bottled Lemon Juice
Black pepper
Crunchie
Leeks

ETA Coconut milk :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

Pocahontas

VIP Member
If this is true that she was consulted in the past by a fast food ‘restaurant’ chain and therefore her recipes are out in the wild and being eaten by the unsuspecting few, by chain does she mean Broadmoor, Maidstone, Holloway, etc.? Personally, I haven’t been to prison or hospital recently, so think I’m safe.

• Haha
  • Heart

Scarletfever

VIP Member
What she’s doing is going against everything the movement is standing for and working towards. They say no child should go hungry she says they only need 200cal meals. They say no child should live in poverty she says it’s possible to provide 5 portions of fruit and veg each day for a week for £20 for one child and one adult. She’s clinically thick if she thinks they’d touch her with a frickin barge pole
Perfectly put.

How must some of her followers be feeling as she peddles this myth? Many people will be in severe difficulty now and in the coming weeks and she's blatantly misleading people that you can feed 2 people adequately on £20 a week. I saw some replies to her tweets this week that were really heart breaking, from people in financial trouble wondering where they were going wrong as their food bills were much higher.

On the other side of the coin, she's a tory government's dream as she is giving them licence to slash benefits / school meal funding.

Marcus Rashford should tell her to do one.

• Heart
  • Sad

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
That all together makes ... slurry.

My youngest went on a school trip to a dairy today and they got to see the slurry pit 😂 he said it looked like a bog. Apt!
A school trip to a slurry pit?! Kids today don't know how good they've got it, honest to god.

• Haha
Reactions: 58

Bumbear

I would just like to be 100% clear that I am not saying she hasn't paid her tax bill - I do not want the Israeli lawyer onto me! I am sure it was paid in full during the 2019/20 business year and hopefully all the tax due for that year, has been put aside nicely in the business bank account. We shall see at some point in the next few months...

• Haha
  • Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Twice now she’s said she’s grateful. As if he’s picking up where she left off. “But what about me? Don’t forget what I did first!”

Still waiting on her £15 lunch suggestions...
Yep she’s implying that she did the legwork and he’s standing on her shoulders

• Angry
  • Wow

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Lol @ her thanking MR for his work like she's the boss and he's the wee pleb. Also, how very convenient that she is absolutely not allowed to talk about something that would so obviously be a lie anyway 😂😂 oh Jack, I'd say take a twitter break hun but what's the point

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

nightfeedz

Jack Monroe must be a character. Finding Burberry scarves in the mud. I can no longer accept that this is not performance art.

• Haha

Adayinthelife

Htf are we in a new thread already, I haven’t even finished grunka-ing the last one
At this rate I’m going to have to give up work to become a full time Frau

• Haha

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I was going to comment about this the other day and then wasn't sure if I should!

So she filed a set of micro accounts for the year to 31 March 2019 v late (she was in danger of being struck off). At that point there was £15,995 of cash in the business bank account. She had a tax bill (amounts owed are shown in brackets) of £28,014. This is likely to be the corporation tax owed for that year as it's always paid in arrears.

What that means is that she had insufficient funds in her company bank account for that tax year to pay her tax bill, and will be relying on income from the 2019/20 year to pay it.

I am also a freelancer and I was always taught: 1. Do not take out more from your business bank account than the tax owed because 2. If you have no income (or reduced income the following year) you may not have enough money to pay the tax bill as you still have to pay corporation tax on income from that year as well. This is how people end up going bankrupt when their income drops dramatically in subsequent years and they have spent the money that should be put aside to pay HMRC.

So essentially she's going to be in a cycle of robbing Peter to pay Paul - hence I think the realisation that she needs to cut down.

It's technically fine to run your business account this way as long as times are always good. But clearly she's had no income of any significance since Hellmans. This is why I don't do this because I couldn't sleep at night.

The other thing of interest is the amount of the tax bill. Corporation tax is 19% and is owed on your profits after expenses. At a v rough estimate that means there was a turnover in the business year to 31 March 2019 of approx £147k. We'll ignore VAT as it's paid quarterly and pretty much goes in and out (so is overall usually neutral in a micro company).

We can also see that at the point the accounts were made up, only £16k is held as cash at the bank, therefore approx £131k has been taken out of the business account that year. We know there is an assistant on the books as there are 2 employees shown on the accounts. Let's say including tax and NI the assistant has cost £25k to the business. That leaves a v generous approximation of £106k that will have gone to Jack in that business year.

Tax will also be owed on that via a personal tax return for the dividends or PAYE (however it's been taken out - there's v little difference these days in the overall tax due). If, as she states, she is only paying herself a living wage, then the rest has been put somewhere in her personal bank accounts, as it's not showing on the company bank account.

Obviously I can only comment on what's on the tax return for that year - there is another set of accounts due for the year to March 2020 and it will be interesting to see those when they appear.

I hope this is helpful - I don't remember anyone commenting in this much detail about the accounts at the time they became available. I'm not an accountant but I also run my own business (triangulate me if you dare) and I also file micro accounts, so they're easy for me to read.

I'll now fuck off as I'm BUSY today.
So when she explicitly stated on thread #31 that she never had and probably never would make six figures she was... lying?! Well colour me gobsmacked.

In her usual slimy, evasive manner she'd justify that by saying that Jack Monroe THE COMPANY (THEN) took in six figures, but Jack Monroe THE PERSON (NOW) only gets a pittance.

She's a rat.

p.s. thanks for clarifying this @Bumbear - I'm too thick to understand accounts so this was enlightening (and, to be honest, sickening... but that's not your fault 😂)

• Wow
  • Heart