Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Switchstreetz for your first thread title! 66 reactions 🎉 Not only a science whizz 😉 but a thread whizz now as well.

Recap of thread #75

1. The frauen and herren had a lovely old time laughing about the day The Earth Stood Still (thread 31) and fondly reminisced over our best burns to Jack. Thanks @Alansbigplate for the memories.
  2. New tidbit for the Jack fact file: at 2am in the morning she dream tweets in Czech. Sadly, her Czech words were ephemeral.
  3. @crystaleyesd triangulated Jack’s next-level £300 Harrods mirror (as seen in a picture of her bedroom broadcast on Twitter). Apparently, it’s WiFi enabled. The mirror is ... aware. Personally, I’d be fairly concerned if I were sleeping next to I, Mirror every night.
  4. Don’t ever let it be said that she’s not serious about stocktaking and colour charting. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  5. Yikes, mcyikes, poor Jack, she’s out of leeway to buy any more nice furniture! That’s ok, Jack, I think you completed the Spring/Summer 2020 Cotswold Co. catalogue in time. Ooft, good job you got to keep that free sofa, hey?
  6. She’s back to what she does best: cooking questionable ... just questionable. Stuffing and vinegar in a sausage ‘casserole’? Veg fried in lard and garnished with chard? My, my, what a peripatetic group of flavour profiles.
  7. Guess what? Who wants to come to a Frugalong? That’s a frugal cook-along to the non-maverick. Jack will live tweet her recipes. Nothing like a watch-along party to give life to the cabal.
  8. Sod it, she gave a sneak preview of one her future recipes Now. We’re ‘enjoying’ it 16 months early, and hope the missing salt will catch up with us in the Future.
  9. Is there nothing she cannot do? Hold on to your wet hens, she’s invented alcohol-free kombuchisky. Whiskucha. She’s going to crack the alcohol-free market, by Jove! She’s courting as much interest in it as she was in the twenty minutes she spent planning to open a small restaurant for shits and giggles (literally).
  10. Ever the scathing essayist, Jack’s latest hill on which to die has arisen from the mire: the exact correct shade of Fortnum and Mason’s blue. And she threw duck-egg blue shade at JKR before running away and bidding to all a goodnight!
  11. Ouchy mouth strikes AGAIN. Don’t anybody be suggesting any remedies, y’all. She knows them, she’s done them, they don’t work. Now (you guessed it) ... fuck off (but listen with unending sympathy).
  12. Twenty-one days till the book needs to be in, Jack! Is it on the to-do list? <scampers away>

Please add any points I have missed! Don’t know about you, but this princess is exhausted. Don’t even ask about the raccoon.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 131

BollockSausage

Hi all, I’ve been lurking for a while after grunkaing most of the DKL threads early in August, and the famous thread #31. In fact I lurk every day now, you’re all so fucking entertaining and have given me distraction when I’ve needed it most recently. Finally made an account I want to post under as it feels anonymous enough - I can’t remember who it was in a recent thread who suggested this username and I really hope you don’t mind me using it, but thank you for it very Matt much. I love it.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, as you were fraus xo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 113

FlashBoof

VIP Member
She is actually pretty tackless in her tweets to people, my dad died of cancer more than likely lifestyle related. I don't think he was sitting in his final days going ok this is shit, but oh well. he knew is lifestyle was to blame but he still wished he had made better choices.

He was actually pretty devastated to be told he had six months to live as he was only in his fifties and had alot of living still to do.

She can be quite heartless in her little thoughtless comments.

Sorry I had to edit his age as I put it wrong as I was upset.
My beloved and most precious one has also left us far too soon due to the big C. He was fit as fuck, still playing footie (admittedly in goal!) and cricket until about two or three years before his diagnosis. It took 8 months from diagnosis to his passing and he was in his fifties. My love didn’t just up and leave because he was sick and tired of living in a shitstorm of self centred drama. He would have done anything for one more day or week and I would do anything in the world to have another day or even an hour with him. But hey, Jackie - we’ve all gotta go sometime so let’s eat all the bacon, eh? You are an awful, insensitive oaf without a fucking clue....stomping through your “career” whilst offending all manner of peoples lives and experiences.

It’s why her dreadful ouchy mouth cancer recipe book nonsense hurt so much. Like a recipe of slop would sort out all the problems of appetite and sickness, along with chemo induced ulceration and inflammation.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 97

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Christ, i've just read the recipe for moonshine mash.

That claggy wallpaper paste would have anyone backed up for days.

And why does she write about herself as if she is a food critic reviewing her own recipes? It's stomach churning!

"Moonshine Mash first appeared in Cooking On A Bootstrap, a bootleg riff on polenta made with potatoes and corn. I so named it because ‘hooch’, or moonshine, is typically made from potatoes or corn, and the idea of my own sneaky irreverent take on something usually considered quite special rather tickled me. This version takes the idea even further into the depths of culinary depravity"

Which inspires this:

Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 94

FlashBoof

VIP Member
I'm a bottle of prosecco down but this made me cry. I'm so, so sorry for you losing your loved one way too soon. She hasn't got a clue. Please don't let her upset you. Lots and lots of love from a Hausfrau who is lucky enough to still have her mum in her life after cancer. It's no joking matter and I don't ever take it for granted.
Bless you, HB....I am so sorry to upset you. I know I am not the only one to go through this and it is definitely not unusual or unique.

I should have added (I realise now in retrospect) that he smoked...quite heavily in his youth and very occasionally mainly when having a beer of a Friday night...up until the day we left the hospital with his diagnosis. I can assure you up until then, we blithely thought it happens to other people so have a fag (or bacon and cheap sausage for breakfast and dinner, or another couple of beers etc etc - I am sure you all get my point).

I am a few years down the line now but am still as in love with him now as much as ever, if no longer in the early stages of agonising grief. Wasn’t doing much left hand tweeting whilst keening and howling and hugging my knees to my chest even then, mind!

The rank insensitivity she displays to everyone, be it cancer and chemo patients, ED sufferers, mental health and people managing autism spectrum issues, trans people, physically disabled people, lovers of the great Adrian Mole and his friends and family.....gosh - there are a lot, aren’t there! Is there any she hasn’t blithely insulted?

The ouchy mouth cook book announcement was one of the cuntiest things she has ever done. If she doesn't know how much cancer treatment can affect everything she is fortunate. Peddling her vile slop as though she was a qualified dietician. Cunt.
I really must swear more often! It’s quite the liberation, FrumpyCat! 😜❤

A Simpsons snuggle pile! Now I feel loved! Fuck Jackie......she will never understand or know the strength and happiness strangers on the internet can impart.....too busy flogging the trolls shite for sympathy and clicks! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 91

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Proper working class royalist 🙄 bet she secretly buys the daily mail and cuts out photos of Di (gawd bless her she’s wiv the angles 🔺now) and has 3 lever arch files full!
What a great opportunity to remind everyone of this wonderful tribute to Lady Di - it’s what she would have wanted!
6075BF4C-51F8-4BC7-8E08-7E833CF40872.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Nice work @Pocahontas, as always 🥰

Jack hates JKR because she was single parent on benefits who had escaped an abusive relationship and then became famous and very wealthy. Jack love, that happened because JKR has talent and a work ethic, neither of which you possess. She didn’t start her career with tales of poverty, that story came out after she was successful unlike you who’s built your “career” on your bullshit back story.

JKR has donated millions of pounds and done massive work for single parents, kids, people in poverty, dyslexia, people with MS the list is endless yet you jump on her description of a shade of blue because you’re a jealous narcissist.

Fuck right off you absolute bell end.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 83

Pocahontas

VIP Member
To be clear:

Don’t describe covid symptoms under the guise of a small mammal and then let your real identity scamper on down to Asda twice the next day to buy a load of shit sausages and mucky bacon with which to feed your son.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Hmm, we haven't heard much about Jack's crippling arthritis in a long time. If we mention it here in a few posts, she'll have a flare-up by the end of the week, right?
I feel terrible. I never even thought that the reason she takes photos with her tongue is because she lost full use of her hands at the age of 29

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
She has replied to squiggle who asked about the wisdom of eating carcinogenic meat.

I just have no words. Sorry.View attachment 250916
I love the idea cancer strikes at the end of your life, fewmin someone misunderstood that rule and gave me mine at 27... There are kids with it ffs! She is so genuinely dim & must know it, hence the weird pedantry over facts, as if that equates to intelligence or a personality.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 79