Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she always chop the veg into tiny tiny bits? There can’t be any texture left at all when it’s cooked.
I paid too much attention to the £20 food haul photos, and she got a bag of frozen mixed veg which is already in small bits, so maybe it's that.

But now I'm confused about this camera roll picture. When did she make meal with the mash? It's in between the photos of last night's dinner and the photo of this morning's breakfast. Unless the photos aren't in the order she took them?

Reactions: 22
Hi all, I’ve been lurking for a while after grunkaing most of the DKL threads early in August, and the famous thread #31. In fact I lurk every day now, you’re all so bleeping entertaining and have given me distraction when I’ve needed it most recently. Finally made an account I want to post under as it feels anonymous enough - I can’t remember who it was in a recent thread who suggested this username and I really hope you don’t mind me using it, but thank you for it very Matt much. I love it.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, as you were fraus xo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 113
I wonder if the family of field mice feel the same way about Cooper as Jackie feels about estate agents? :unsure: Just fuckin move, lads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
We’ll all be watching Bake Off tonight. A genteel Battenberg is apparently one of the challenges. We were pondering why Mack has never gone down the bakey cakey route. Then, I was reminded of the Great Lemon Slop in a Tin, and realised why. Don’t use lemons in anything Mary, you’ll be getting right the duck up in the crack of her niche...
Did you ever see the mayonnaise cake? Even she couldn’t bring herself to ease a wedge out of the tin and pretend to enjoy it.
In fact *rifles around in #31* lovely @OhhBacon asked her about it

7161CBC5-7847-48F7-9D38-E822737B6A9D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Proper working class royalist 🙄 bet she secretly buys the daily mail and cuts out photos of Di (gawd bless her she’s wiv the angles 🔺now) and has 3 lever arch files full!
What a great opportunity to remind everyone of this wonderful tribute to Lady Di - it’s what she would have wanted!
6075BF4C-51F8-4BC7-8E08-7E833CF40872.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Hi all, I’ve been lurking for a while after grunkaing most of the DKL threads early in August, and the famous thread #31. In fact I lurk every day now, you’re all so bleeping entertaining and have given me distraction when I’ve needed it most recently. Finally made an account I want to post under as it feels anonymous enough - I can’t remember who it was in a recent thread who suggested this username and I really hope you don’t mind me using it, but thank you for it very Matt much. I love it.

I have never been so happy to say anything in my entire life......

Welcome @BollockSausage

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Forgive my lack of feline/rodent knowledge but wouldn't mice erm...run away from a giant cat clawing at them? For such an inconsistent arse she's really sticking with this family of mice story.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
@chocolate choux took one for the team back on Thread #17. Check that out, and then decide if you want to go ahead (there are even pictures!)
Thanks for the reminder, I didn’t want the pizza I just ate anyway 🤢 😂

I would encourage any frau to cook a JM recipe if they haven’t already. It’s an experience. The salad bag pesto is not advisable unless you’re seeking a near-death experience though

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Forgive my lack of feline/rodent knowledge but wouldn't mice erm...run away from a giant cat clawing at them? For such an inconsistent arse she's really sticking with this family of mice story.
Yes! Does she really expect us to believe the Redwall mice are waiting there, all tooled up, squeaking ‘Rematch! Rematch!’
Cooper turns up, they twit him one.
‘Run away, little boy.’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

It was me and you’re giving me liiiiife

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
NO ONE walks into the pharmacy and asks to speak to the Dispenser..
On a grunka as usual but as someone with health anxiety, who also happens to get ill a lot (not as much nor as severely as Jack obviously) i can confirm I've never sought advice from a pharmacy dispenser

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.