Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geetbo

VIP Member
Thread title by ME inspired by a neckbeard.

For my prize i shall have a night with Andi Peters and Gorka off Strictly.

Update - all quite on the Southend Front so we are currently doing Jack as fish. Enjoy x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 138

DragonBoy

Thread title by ME inspired by a neckbeard.

For my prize i shall have a night with Andi Peters and Gorka off Strictly.

Update - all quite on the Southend Front so we are currently doing Jack as fish. Enjoy x
Apologies if I’m doing this wrong…

F3027455-ACD4-443E-AD49-23825B14DF29.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 138

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
Feels like too little, too late tbh. She's had 10yrs of publicly being a lying scammer dragging their apparently good local names into wide disrepute.
I cannot impress upon you how little most normal people in Southend knew of or gave a crap about Jack Monroe until recently 😉

She’s never done any of the regular volunteering stuff blah blah that she claims; she was never a local character or popular/someone you’d say hello to in the shops. She’s just always been a little anon nobody locally, despite all those cringey efforts not to be (poetry and open mic nights I’m looking at you), some attention-seeking antics, and scribbling a few columns for the local paper a decade ago.

For people who have been involved with her at some point, they know she’s a liar, they know she uses people - but then she moves on or gets iced out of a group, so they put her out of their minds. And so she stays a nobody.

Don’t get me wrong, plenty of locals are aware of her ‘celebrity’ status but just sort of don’t give a shit, on the whole. She’s not one of our “Southend boy/girl done good” type celebrities where everyone’s a tiny bit prouder of Southend because that person/group comes from Southend.

And so, she’s just not been on most people’s radar until recently. But the fraud stuff, the crazy lies (40 tramadol is mega lols for anyone who’s ever taken a tramadol, which is plenty of us), the Twitter meltdowns, etc. has got people paying a bit more attention and interest even if it’s the watching a car crash type of interest. And so people are now talking amongst themselves about her, gossiping about how much money she’s grifted off well-meaning gullible internet people, how she managed to get a media platform for her lies for so long. Tattle has all the receipts, Molly did a digest of these threads, the info is all here on the internet including in Jack’s own words. She can’t wriggle out of it, people are finally taking an interest in her 😂

In my own wider circle I know there are now three regular lurkers here from Southend (👋 ) - and this is despite me maintaining a strict RL boundary that I will not raise it in conversation with anyone except my mum and dad!

I don’t believe D&E have known either the extent of what she’s been doing all this time, or what to do those times when she has obviously gone off the rails a bit more than usual. She’s a grown adult after all, and the tricky family relationships stuff is, well, tricky, especially when there’s a kid involved. And when you’ve lived for so long with a dysfunctional person in your life, you maybe accept their dysfunction as normal in a way that outsiders wouldn’t. So I think they’ve just sort of let her get on with her things, to keep the peace, and that’s been fine because nobody has given a crap about Jack Monroe. But now people are talking, I would assume that D&E are waking up to the scale of what she’s been doing, and I think they would understand why it’s bad. I suppose we’ll see.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 126

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
Did you match with her? And if so, why?
I swiped right, yes. I vaguely knew who she was, though much of what I thought I knew about her turned out to be wrong - that she'd overcome some form of adversity to become a successful chef, and that she was doing some sort of nerdy work with the ONS. I know one of her barristers from the KH trial, so my knowledge around that was a bit more concrete - but even that didn't extend much beyond the bare bones of the case. I naively thought she was quite impressive.

She matched with me about half an hour later, and we exchanged a handful of messages in each direction. I googled her and found her twitter account where she was busily picking fights with people, so started to slow my replies down. I mentioned her to a friend and they sent me a link to the Tattle wiki, and that was enough to confirm my suspicions and make me un-match. Maybe a dozen messages total over the course of about two hours.

I started reading Tattle daily at that point, but waited 90 days before I started contributing... and have been here ever since.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 121

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
When I was looking for the forever home/childlike excitement strawberries crap I found this. In 2018 some kind soul was so moved by that piece they set up a fundraiser for her
1E0516F3-BB43-45BE-9BAE-3D4648D1FC9A.jpeg

Well, the organizer explained it
B00D5745-9A52-47A2-8C7D-36232288BFC7.jpeg

Posted the first donation with words of motivation and encouragement
F05E63C4-5445-4D51-9379-14D38DF34D99.jpeg

And…that was it. Nobody else wanted to give her their casho. Jack, did you get this money? Cos if not, David in Cheshire owes you a quid.
3525C5C4-9B6D-46BD-A665-58CC692C9782.jpeg

*any Cheshire-adjacent fraus with OHs called David, DM me hun and if this is your Harold, I’ll let you know so you can LEFT them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 111

DianeAbbotsMojito

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20230128-194130.png

Screenshot_20230128-193918.png

Screenshot_20230128-194202.png

This is just a wee handful from my Gloss case file but all of these posts were from circa the same time she was asking for Patreon donations. I work full time in a fairly well paid job and I could not afford the amount of makeup she bought in the space of a few months so MAKES YOU THINK how much she was actually coining it in.

I can't be stand 30p Lee but I can't stand Jack more so I'm happy for his lawyers to use any of my time stamped screenshots in their defence ☺ No way can that grubby cunt worm her way out of this.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 111

The carlin

Did anyone see this. Trolley.co.uk has been saved.... by moneysavingexpert.com.
Screenshot_20230127-153548.jpg

Also they're refunding the donations raised to save it. You hear that Jack? REFUND.
Screenshot_20230127-153609.jpg

With a statement by Martin mate about what a good resource it is. 🤣🤣

With that man getting a series for £1 meals and trolley monitoring prices Jack's niche is what now?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 110

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Just read an article about Hannah from S Club 7 being “homeless” and not one bit of her story makes any sense. Including the fact that during her S-Club days she was ‘only’ on £150,000 a year and this is why she now has no money nearly thirty years later….. except for the coffee shop she owns 😭 I’m now so alert to the grifty ways of these types of people. So thanks Jack, I guess. Thanks for all you do. You’re a force for good in this world.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 103

jenny2603

VIP Member
I've been having a wander down memory lane following yesterday's Greenbelt chat. I just had a look at the Camilla Long article that hurt ickle, precious princess Jack's very special feely weels so. Ir's not especially interesting but this paragraph caught my eye.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 20.39.28.png

Is this the first (or only) mention of Jack being a narcissist in the mainstream media?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 101