Jack Monroe #469 Spam fits my macros.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if I'd been bitten on the eyelid and it was swelling badly, I'd go to the doctor to get it checked to be sure I hadn't done any damage to the eye, especially as you can't use steroid cream (my usual go-to for a bad allergic reaction to a bite) on your face.
Thank you for PSA reminder WitchyS.. Back in my youth, I was prescribed a corticosteroid cream for allergy/stress water pimples on my face. Every day, for over 2 years. Skin is ruined now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
We have a Jamie Oliver recipe for dinner tonight; just prepping it now; so easy, simple and quite cheap, smells delicious too… will report back was the family have tried it: vegetarian lasagna…
The scruffy veg lasagna is good

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think if I'd been bitten on the eyelid and it was swelling badly, I'd go to the doctor to get it checked to be sure I hadn't done any damage to the eye, especially as you can't use steroid cream (my usual go-to for a bad allergic reaction to a bite) on your face.
But would you cancel all work commitments, and follow a medical consultation up with a selfie, where you’re sporting an ill-fitting and inappropriate eye patch?
Or would you take a piriton and STFU?

• Haha
Reactions: 53
But would you cancel all work commitments, and follow a medical consultation up with a selfie, where you’re sporting an ill-fitting and inappropriate eye patch?
I might WFH for a couple of days until the swelling went down, because saying "lost a fight with a bastard mosquito" to 200 people gets a bit tiresome, but provided I could still see to type I'd, you know, go to work.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Not the same but I had a nasty eye ulcer a few years ago which hurt like hell🥴I travelled into town by bus to the eye hospital, had my eyeball scraped, sent on my way with antibiotics and travelled home all by my lonesome. Funnily enough at no point during this fun day out (or in subsequent days until it got better) did I take selfies or wear an eyepatch.

Dick.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Is there an easier way to see if Mom is still following her other than scrolling through who she's following?

I can see she hasn't liked Jack's tweet sucking up the other day 🤭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Same. Although I might bother a pharmacist first. I once had to wear flip flops for a week because of a bad reaction to a horsefly bite and it was a lady at Boots who sorted me out with some stuff for it.

Reactions: 20
Same. Although I might bother a pharmacist first. I once had to wear flip flops for a week because of a bad reaction to a horsefly bite and it was a lady at Boots who sorted me out with some stuff for it.
I dunno what's with Italian mosquitos but I got bitten on my wrist and it swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. I trotted off to the pharmacy to wave it at the pharmacist. I had never actually seen someone throw their hands up in horror before but she unleashed a torrent of horrified Italian on my poor unsuspecting head and sent me off with a bag of tablets and creams and a lollipop (I was 40).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Is there an easier way to see if Mom is still following her other than scrolling through who she's following?

I can see she hasn't liked Jack's tweet sucking up the other day 🤭
If you follow them both you can see if they follow each other. Currently they do.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve decided it’s time for me to slither out of lurkerdem in hope that it might set off a reaction which results in Jack slithering out eel like from her self imposed twitter exile.
I’ve been lurking for months now, catching up through the night whilst feeding my baby (not slops). Her sleeping longer through the nights sadly coincided with the most recent chaoi and I got to the point that the impossible mission to grunk up made me feel like I might quite possibly STOP BREATHING but I’m back on track.
What prompted me to post however was my first Jack adjacent nightmare. I dreamt that I had a display fridge which I was using exclusively to show off my Jack-inspired goods such as a Scotch egg and a half a bottle of tonic water with burnt pieces of Pardon pepper ‘infusing’ within it (something that I would trademark to prevent Jack from using in her next book if it were not for the fact that tonic probably triggers her in much the same way mince pies do and moreover it’s unlikely there will be a next book).
Now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
I dunno what's with Italian mosquitos but I got bitten on my wrist and it swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. I trotted off to the pharmacy to wave it at the pharmacist. I had never actually seen someone throw their hands up in horror before but she unleashed a torrent of horrified Italian on my poor unsuspecting head and sent me off with a bag of tablets and creams and a lollipop (I was 40).
I hate mosquitos with a passion. I had a dinner plate sized reaction on my thigh recently (on hol in the Caribbean) horrible little buggers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Cant see Nigella getting involved in drama by unfollowing. She'd know it'd be commented on.

Reactions: 35
Have we seen this? Not terribly exciting, but… any publicity is good publicity! :giggle:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
freegle have reposted the googly eyed pepper article. i hate this image with a passion

20230127_171612.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Do we think Jack may have been checked into rehab? She was on a severe rollercoaster on her last (for now obvs) day of tweeting.

Would it be too much to hope for that someone IRL said enough's enough,and took her off somewhere?
I suspect she's going to claim it all tipped her over into a relapse and she ended up in rehab. Possibly to get IRL people off her back.

Her last post didn't go down well as suicide baiting so my instinct is she won't claim she tried that, instead sticking to rehab as a "safer" option and to serve as an excuse for that last post.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.