Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flumps

VIP Member
Well, that might have been the shortest time between posting about waiting for something and the results coming in. Lovely consultant rang me at the start of clinic rather than the end. I will spare you the long story, which involves being kept a close eye on for a while, but short story, no bastard cancer. This is the answer I was looking for. Hurrah!

• Heart
Reactions: 129

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.

Limegoss article about Jack v Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread no 31 is the infamous thread on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on page 17.

For anyone wanting to re-live the glory days of her 2 week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL) : Threads 2 - 9

Jack’s most oft used reply to questions on recipe substitutions: yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite quotes by Jack:
‘Babe, same’
‘I did a chaos’
‘my maverick brain’
‘my sad little face’
‘I’m BUSY’
‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
‘I laughed up a lung’ 🥴

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. This is good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos: https://tattle.life/threads/food-drink.7379/

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 122

Anonymous One

Long time lurker, first time poster. Had no intention of ever posting and just made the account so I could see the receipts (hence the rubbish username) then some of your posts were just too good not to like/react to but since @GrunkaLunka (I think) so nicely asked how we all the new people found this thread I wanted to reply.

So I first discovered Jack when she was first being featured in the guardian and A Girl Called Jack came out (let’s be honest I’m a fairly middle class young female lefty who was a student around the time so basically her target market). I got her first book (there were no memorable recipes in it). Followed her on twitter since (until I unfollowed during the pandemic due to her behaviour) but never really actively engaged with her.

Up until a few months ago I only considered her to be ‘a bit melodramatic’ and rolled my eyes a fair bit at her many many medical conditions that were oh so very significant but not very consistent and soon forgotten about. Was slightly irritated when she went from being ‘vegan’ to suddenly eating animals again (she was never vegan, she was plant-based for a few months if that). At the beginning of the year when she was posting those singing videos I’m ashamed to admit that I was taken in (in a bad way though-I actually pitied her and I even messaged some encouragement to her). At the beginning of the pandemic I was vaguely aware of her throwing tantrums at JO but was very BUSY at the time (triangulate that I work for the NHS 🤣) so didn’t pay much attention & didn’t watch DKL at the time.

I found you guys probably at about thread 34 (it was a couple of threads after she’d shown up-I then grunkad thread 31 onwards) and have avidly lurked, liking posts since. I must admit I found you because of a combination of my years of eye-rolling at her and the fact that I’m a nosey cow who found it very strange that she suddenly stopped mentioning ‘Mrs J’. I expected you all to be a bit bitchy and below the belt (dare I say it I also thought you’d all be right wing, possibly transphobes etc) & had no intention of spending hours reading your posts.

But I found that you cabal of haus fraus are the best. I’ve followed along for the various dramas Jack’s created over the last few weeks. I’ve laughed out loud (literally) at some of your posts, have loved your insightful, analytic thoughts on class, food, Jack’s purchases and everything else you’ve discussed. I was taken by how bloody kind you all are. Jack’s tweets are so bloody triggering at times and the kindness you’ve all shown to each other, the addition of spoilers etc have really touched me. I’ve been eye-rolling at Jack’s tweets for years and down-right appalled by her behaviour lately (you guys have really helped me see it as I’m not nocturnal so have previously missed them all and just found the ‘this tweet is unavailable’). Thank you for all your receipts, for making me laugh, making me think & for generally making her debacles less triggering and more amusing!

For triangulation purposes: I’m middle class (& not ashamed of it unlike Jack). Probably lower middle class, dad has WC roots. Still renting despite having worked a damn sight harder than Jack has & that’s fine. Sorry this was longer than I expected <insert gif of grandpa Simpson yelling at cloud>.

• Heart
Reactions: 102

discolisa

Evening, fraus.

So - genuine question, while it’s relatively quiet here. Of those of you with significant others, do they know that you are a Tattler? Mine didn’t until yesterday. I’ve been on here since the whole Mother of Daughters / Alice drama, but I never disclosed what I was doing - just said I was on ‘a forum’ if he asked, and he never asked for details. Obviously my usage has upped because of covid and less work, but he always assumed I was whatsapping friends and I never corrected him. I was embarrassed about it, and didn’t want him to feel sorry for me? We moved to a new area about 18 months ago and apart from school mum friends, I don’t have any ‘good good’ friends near to me to ring up for a socially distanced meet up, and when I message best friends who live hours away, I don’t bore them with the plights of Jack Monroe 😂

Annnnnyway - I’ll get to the point, sorry. Yesterday was really grim, wasn’t it - the whole kitten thing was really upsetting - and I got myself wound up about it all (as lots of us did). I actually needed to talk about it, so I told him all about Jack Monroe (I’ve mentioned her before to him - about her rinsing beans 🤢) and he knows ‘she’s the one who sued Katie Hopkins’) but I told him everything else, showed him the pics on her twitter, showed him some of her posts when she visited here, told him all about the poverty pretense. And it felt really liberating just to talk to him about it! (I never thought he’d be bothered - and he kind of isn’t about the MOD stuff - who can blame him).

Once enlightened, and also ‘Why does she get away with it??’, he suggested that all of us on here ‘take her down’ 😂, that we tell all her followers on twitter the truth, direct them here so that they can see the truth.

I explained that it’s strictly against the rules, and that we’re not trolls - and we can’t do that sort of thing. Like at best we can hope someone comes and has a look out of curiosity. But most of her followers have taken some sort of weird devotion drug, right? He thought it was a shame we couldn’t go and infiltrate her thread with the truth. I said I didn’t want to get banned for breaking the rules! 😂 but, that it is frustrating when you do see a person talking sense on her page, and they get piled on by sycophants, and targeted in DMs, or deleted and blocked. The censorship of reasonable thought? And it’s not just her, it’s a lot of these fuckers rinsing people for money through false advertising.

Anyway, once I explained about Tattle and what it is - yes, critical discussion and a forum to share our thoughts on about the untruths and discrepancies, but also that it’s a lot of fun, and really supportive, and really kind, he was pleased that I had somewhere I had to go and chat with ‘mates’. I showed him some of my posts, and he was bemused (cos of the in jokes), but he liked my Jack’s Rap 😂 and list of stupid questions to her.

Anyway, it just felt really good to (a) talk to someone about her, cos it felt like too much yesterday, and (b) tell him about Tattle (he thinks the name is funny 😂)

Just genuinely wondering if, the ones here who have significant others, know that they tattle? And do you talk to them about the rollercoaster of Jackie when it gets too much?

ETA: Sorry if this question is annoying to people without a significant other. Really don’t want to offend ❤ Just ignore!
I've told my OH I'm on a forum that holds "slebs" (?!) to account. He's not that interested but for God's sake, he's on a plastering forum and is always telling me about what goes on over there.

He's not a plasterer.

*insert some sort of shugging gif here*

• Haha
Reactions: 74

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Here’s a picture of a world weary potato to cheer you up:
B251DD82-28C5-4454-9B3A-4E03DB10483E.png

Turns out I can post pictures 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Honey, I'm home!
How fucking manipulative is she? Louisa went out and her friend posted a lovely photo of her looking really happy. So the ghost of Christmas shit posts an old photo from when they had gone out for lunch to try and guilt trip/remind her what she's missing/spoil her day. Poor Louisa, she looked so happy and then that fucking idiot rears up. "Don't forget meeeeeee"

<insert gif of someone shutting a door in someone else's face (I think it was from The Office USA) >

Also, @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon what an amazing recap/info post. Brilliant. That will be so useful at the start of every thread. Thank you for taking the time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

FeelingGroovy

HELLO! I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE!

I've found JM more irritating than sawdust in your bra for *years* now. Her manic swings and attention seeking have done my fucking head in for many years now. I only found Tattle Life when that other massive irritant, Sali Hughes, rage-insta'ed about the place. It's taken me months to venture around the place and I was so pleased to find like minded JM Not-Fans. So many of my real life pals seem to think she's terrific and I do this face:

<insert .gif of person doing WTF face>

She's an attention seeking calamity magnet. Everything is a drama. Everything is ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME.
The stuff with the kitten? Fuck me. It's all already been said.

I took a look at some of her INsta-Live things yesterday - sweet christ, she's woeful on screen. She's not a *bad* writer, and her photos of food are pretty good but she is so not a natural presenter. My husband loathes Jamie Oliver, and even so he watched his lockdown programmes with me, and whilst being a 'Fat Tongued Prick' (his name for him) he agreed he is a good natural presenter. *That's* why he got the gig, Jack, and not you. Because you look and behave like a startled primary school kid in the role of one of the 3 Wise Men in the school nativity.

The Twitter-fawning over her does my nut in. She's clearly not a well chick, in oh so many ways, and she has a tribe of enablers hanging on her every word.

I could go on.... But thankyou for verbalising all the shite I thought I was alone in thinking.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

AppleFlap

Long time lurker, first time poster. Had no intention of ever posting and just made the account so I could see the receipts (hence the rubbish username) then some of your posts were just too good not to like/react to but since @GrunkaLunka (I think) so nicely asked how we all the new people found this thread I wanted to reply.

So I first discovered Jack when she was first being featured in the guardian and A Girl Called Jack came out (let’s be honest I’m a fairly middle class young female lefty who was a student around the time so basically her target market). I got her first book (there were no memorable recipes in it). Followed her on twitter since (until I unfollowed during the pandemic due to her behaviour) but never really actively engaged with her.

Up until a few months ago I only considered her to be ‘a bit melodramatic’ and rolled my eyes a fair bit at her many many medical conditions that were oh so very significant but not very consistent and soon forgotten about. Was slightly irritated when she went from being ‘vegan’ to suddenly eating animals again (she was never vegan, she was plant-based for a few months if that). At the beginning of the year when she was posting those singing videos I’m ashamed to admit that I was taken in (in a bad way though-I actually pitied her and I even messaged some encouragement to her). At the beginning of the pandemic I was vaguely aware of her throwing tantrums at JO but was very BUSY at the time (triangulate that I work for the NHS 🤣) so didn’t pay much attention & didn’t watch DKL at the time.

I found you guys probably at about thread 34 (it was a couple of threads after she’d shown up-I then grunkad thread 31 onwards) and have avidly lurked, liking posts since. I must admit I found you because of a combination of my years of eye-rolling at her and the fact that I’m a nosey cow who found it very strange that she suddenly stopped mentioning ‘Mrs J’. I expected you all to be a bit bitchy and below the belt (dare I say it I also thought you’d all be right wing, possibly transphobes etc) & had no intention of spending hours reading your posts.

But I found that you cabal of haus fraus are the best. I’ve followed along for the various dramas Jack’s created over the last few weeks. I’ve laughed out loud (literally) at some of your posts, have loved your insightful, analytic thoughts on class, food, Jack’s purchases and everything else you’ve discussed. I was taken by how bloody kind you all are. Jack’s tweets are so bloody triggering at times and the kindness you’ve all shown to each other, the addition of spoilers etc have really touched me. I’ve been eye-rolling at Jack’s tweets for years and down-right appalled by her behaviour lately (you guys have really helped me see it as I’m not nocturnal so have previously missed them all and just found the ‘this tweet is unavailable’). Thank you for all your receipts, for making me laugh, making me think & for generally making her debacles less triggering and more amusing!

For triangulation purposes: I’m middle class (& not ashamed of it unlike Jack). Probably lower middle class, dad has WC roots. Still renting despite having worked a damn sight harder than Jack has & that’s fine. Sorry this was longer than I expected <insert gif of grandpa Simpson yelling at cloud>.

Not sure if i did the quotes right...but I had to finally step out of the shadows too and say hi 🙋‍♀️ because your post could almost have been written by me!

One of the main differences is that I have been lurking since thread 2, and have kept up more or less ever since. It's been almost a full time job...for which I have had to, at times, neglect my actual full time job (but this has been far more interesting, that's for sure!).

You are such an intelligent, articulate, hilarious and empathic cabal, and although we have never actually spoken I feel like I have been on this whole journey together with you and it really has gotten me through lockdown.

I don't plan to post much but I wanted to say hello and send my love to you all 😍. I am also lurking in the Food and Dick/Drinks thread (getting there via Downing Street was quite the ride 😂) and might pop up there too if I get the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I am still randomly bursting out laughing about the fact that Jack came back and tried to post a flounce and the admin just deleted it. Haaaaaaaahahhaa. Embarrassing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

Falkor

VIP Member
Thread suggestion

Jack Monroe #45 - Get your purse out, make a bet, will Jack appear on Supervet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
I don’t care about Jack anymore, she’s somehow moved beyond even my deepest contempt. However! Paradoxically, I actually do care what the cabal have got to say about her. Everyone who posts here is just so clever, and kind. I genuinely don’t think I’ve seen the likes of it online before, not that I’m on forums much, but let’s say mumsnet or whatever. The camaraderie and support, really and truly, what a gang. Such open and selfless consideration, and such thoughtfulness. Someone could really learn a thing or two from you vile trolls.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Fraus -
Message from Vlad:
He says he is most disappointed by all of the insightful and thoughtful commentary on social and class divide recorded today in the cabal minutes. He is displeased. Clearly, there is a deficit in the trolling quota.

Your end of quarter bonuses are on the line. Comrade Grunka Lunka has already benefited and is reaping the rewards:
7F310AB2-D5CA-4D1B-924D-B1D4FB09B4E6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

colouredlines

VIP Member
I feel like she went into this cat situation with the "we saved each other" narrative in mind already. Unfortunately for the poor cat, that's just not the case.

Honestly, I find it harder and harder to comment. I miss the days when she just made shit food and lied about photoshopping her hips.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Totally, me too. Those halcyon days of laughing at horse spunk and her tech issues, before we got onto the fact that she may be Satan's representative in Southend. x
Ol' Nick himself wouldn't tolerate her shit. Can you imagine it

'Yes, thank you for coming to interview today, let's have a quick look around, shall we? Here we have the eternal immolation chamber'

'That's nothing, compared to when I COULDN'T PUT THE HEATING ON',

'OK, so there is being boiled in hot oil over there' 'I CHEWED MY OWN LIP DOWN TO THE NERVE',

' - Um, yes, quite. We've a thriving little centre for crushing the Damned under rocks and spearing with red hot pokers here -'

'I carried a 93kg sideboard and a three year with my bare hands AND I STOOD ON GLASS'

'Rightyho. Actually, how would you feel about having an outreach position within the organisation, no need to relocate that way, which might fit in more with your domestic responsibilities?'

'SHE. LEFT. SHE. LEFT. SHE. LEFT.'

'Ah. Could you give me a moment, please?' [Demonicom Mobile Service Ringtone and a voice like a Heavenly Bell says 'Yes?']

'Gabriel, Dear boy. How the Dev - how are you, old chap? Good. Yes, well, obviously you would be good. I'm in a bit of a pickle down here, would we possibly be able to arrange some sort of secondment for a candidate? Well, the thing is that our candidate seems well qualified, but they've got this amazing ability to be incredibly sanctimonious, patronising and, frankly, quite preachy, which I thought would be right up your CEO's street. We'd be happy to take say, Johnny Cash in exchange, as the music's getting a bit repetitive down here and you do already have Elvis and Roy Orbison and Karen Carpenter, amongst others. Oh, you've not got Elvis? Well, I never, I did wonder about that chap in the chipshop. Now we know. Hmmm. We theoretically could let you borrow Paganini, but he is due to give me my next lesson on Tuesday, so we'd need him back. Tell you what, if I throw in Robert Johnson for a couple of hundred years, they knock your Heavenly Hordes Choir into shape and we call it a deal? Marvellous.'

'Sorry about the delay. Right, we've found you a wonderful position on a cloud. I think the post will really, really suit your particular skillset and abilities, so if you'd like to step into the transportation pod, one of our Hellish Minions will take you to your new supervisor. Oh, the pleasure is all mine, have a nice Afterlife'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Effie22

My daughter is a young, (24) working, single Mum. Quite a good cook. I asked her to review the JM website and recipes. I paraphrase her response 🤮🤮 ‘’FFS Mother!! What do you think I am? Why the fuck would I cook that shit? I’m a single parent not a fucking simpleton’’. Love her eloquence 😂🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 58