Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Should we start a thread or will that only bring the beast to the door?
There might not be that many of us in there, although having said that, I do know of a fairly large group who would no doubt be lurking at least (most of which are her former co-workers šŸ˜‚). I personally have a dossier of screenshots going back years which I wouldn't mind sharing for posterity but maybe we should wait until she's active again on twitter? IDK though - like I said on that earlier thread, I'm loathe to give her any more recognition but it *is* very tempting.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh for crying out loud! I was talking to my sister earlier and she was telling me about a cookbook she'd recently bought. You'll never guess what it was called šŸ˜– WELL! I just had to do my public duty and inform her of her error šŸ™Š

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I'd join the Vonny thread! The thing that irks me most about her is that she has a lecturing job in journalism for...reasons UNKNOWN. She dropped out of her masters in journalism! Some of us actually put the legwork in to get a PhD :mad:. I don't actually think it's a class thing, just a 'good at self promotion' and worming your way into positions thing.

EDIT: To make it about Jack - she absolutely does this too. She's everyone's go to 'budget cooking urchin' because a) most commissioners are lazy and overworked and b) she really bleeping works those self promotion tactics. Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'd join the Vonny thread! The thing that irks me most about her is that she has a lecturing job in journalism for...reasons UNKNOWN.
She didn't have any such job, though! She just made out like she did. God, she's a worse liar than Jack!!! It astounds me what she thinks she can get away with, but honestly, her name's pretty much mud in journalistic circles thanks to her grandiose twitter claims. If anyone's going to notice when people are talking absolute shite, journalists are.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
My daughter is a young, (24) working, single Mum. Quite a good cook. I asked her to review the JM website and recipes. I paraphrase her response šŸ¤®šŸ¤® ā€˜ā€™FFS Mother!! What do you think I am? Why the duck would I cook that tit? Iā€™m a single parent not a bleeping simpletonā€™ā€™. Love her eloquence šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 58
She didn't have any such job, though! She just made out like she did. God, she's a worse liar than Jack!!! It astounds me what she thinks she can get away with, but honestly, her name's pretty much mud in journalistic circles thanks to her grandiose twitter claims. If anyone's going to notice when people are talking absolute shite, journalists are.
Ooh ok. My pal who worked with her at the beeb told me that's why she left. Very glad that's not a thing. I imagine she spun it like that, when the actual reason is she just wasn't very good and they didn't keep her on?

Reactions: 9
Ooh ok. My pal who worked with her at the beeb told me that's why she left. Very glad that's not a thing. I imagine she spun it like that, when the actual reason is she just wasn't very good and they didn't keep her on?
Yeah, her 6 month contract didn't get renewed šŸ˜‚. Nevertheless, on every single platform she describes herself as a recovering / former BBC journalist, when in reality she worked there for like I say 6 months, cutting other peoples' work for social media. Nah, she went to Stirling Uni and she describes her job there as 'head of web and content' but that's more bullshit!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I think she gave herself away when she said Miguel Barclay was 'all up in her niche' on the first Hellmans instalive. She sees this 'poor' thing as her niche which she cannot break away from. Even though she could still sell her books targeted towards that market without still claiming to be poor herself. It's nonsensical and insincere.
That ā€œall up in my nicheā€ comment was shocking. She insinuated live on Instagram that she was gutted Miguel was a nice bloke because she wanted to hate him since heā€™s ā€œall up in her nicheā€. If that doesnā€™t show her true character I donā€™t know what does.
Miguel is close to being a household name for his simple Ā£1 meals niche, I know nothing else about him which is fine, I donā€™t need to to know what heā€™s about. Does he have a struggling background? Does it matter if he does?
Jack could have easily elevated her niche of cooking cheaply and made it into a decent brand, however sheā€™s fucked herself so many times with her tit personality, exaggerated back story and controversial behaviour. I just canā€™t understand why shes consistently stood in her own way.

-quick edit on the subject of Louisa, I want to like her but I canā€™t for the life of me understand how anyone with an ounce of integrity can live with someone who rattled her tip jar and pleads poverty so regularly. Somethings not right there?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I did not! She first came to my attention whilst moaning about not being able to afford Edinburgh rent whilst offering a place she has in the country to someone to stay, saying it was very modest and where she went to write! Oh so relatable. And don't get me started on her Corona eye patch šŸ™„ I would love to watch her and Jack in face-to-face conversation to see who has the hardest life.
OMG the eye patch is hysterical!! Imagine how awful it must be getting attention all the time wearing one, and having to explain why? šŸ˜³

• Haha
That ā€œall up in my nicheā€ comment was shocking. She insinuated live on Instagram that she was gutted Miguel was a nice bloke because she wanted to hate him since heā€™s ā€œall up in her nicheā€. If that doesnā€™t show her true character I donā€™t know what does.
Miguel is close to being a household name for his simple Ā£1 meals niche, I know nothing else about him which is fine, I donā€™t need to to know what heā€™s about. Does he have a struggling background? Does it matter if he does?
Jack could have easily elevated her niche of cooking cheaply and made it into a decent brand, however sheā€™s fucked herself so many times with her controversial behaviour. I just canā€™t understand why shes consistently stood in her own way.
Because, in my opinion, sheā€™s really quite bright. But she has zero common sense. And zero self worth. She succeeded a decade ago with her tin can agenda. But she has not had the sense to move on from that like her target audience have. She now despises anyone who encroaches in ā€˜herā€™ market - again, not having the sense to realise itā€™s an open market in a big wide world. Sheā€™s tit at TV. And the sooner she realises that the better. But she could still have a market and earn a good living from her books. But she needs to stop being such a twit.
The web is a dangerous place. People will discover out all this tit that she has caused for years to come. And it will affect her life.
The window for her to put this right must surely be narrowing - if she ever can now?

Reactions: 18
Are you joking?! She THRIVES on such attention. She just never seems to realise how ridiculous she is!
Sorry I was being VERY sarcastic šŸ¤£ She bloody loves the attention (well, only when she is well enough, obviously she has awful fatigue from Covid)

• Haha
I agree. Itā€™s funny how once you spot a narcissist you can see their behaviour so clearly. The hard bit is spotting the narc in the first place, when you are being manipulated. Also, itā€™s good to see you back BT :)
Fortunately I've only ever encountered someone like this once in my private life. I was aware from other people what this person was like so perhaps it was easier to start to form my own opinion. This person saw the first opportunity to cause drama and I just used the grey rock method. Now it is completely no contact.

Because, in my opinion, sheā€™s really quite bright. But she has zero common sense. And zero self worth. She succeeded a decade ago with her tin can agenda. But she has not had the sense to move on from that like her target audience have. She now despises anyone who encroaches in ā€˜herā€™ market - again, not having the sense to realise itā€™s an open market in a big wide world. Sheā€™s tit at TV. And the sooner she realises that the better. But she could still have a market and earn a good living from her books. But she needs to stop being such a twit.
The web is a dangerous place. People will discover out all this tit that she has caused for years to come. And it will affect her life.
The window for her to put this right must surely be narrowing - if she ever can now?
Iā€™ve never been a fan of hers and donā€™t know her history, other than what Iā€™ve read on here. I get the impression sheā€™s never done the work to hone her craft but instead flounced around being a dick?
I think her past is too murky now, sheā€™s given too much away, too many lies and exaggerations. Like why go over the top with veganism, she could have just written a vegan book like many other meat eating chefs?!
I know thereā€™s a lot to unpack with her but from a brand point of view it couldnā€™t have been more simple. Even if her personal experience of faux poverty was 10 years ago, she should have kept herself involved in current issues and evolve her brand that way. The current issues with the school dinners was a perfect example of how she could have genuinely helped.
All for the fame though innit!

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Iā€™ve never been a fan of hers and donā€™t know her history, other than what Iā€™ve read on here. I get the impression sheā€™s never done the work to hone her craft but instead flounced around being a dick?
I think her past is too murky now, sheā€™s given too much away, too many lies and exaggerations. Like why go over the top with veganism, she could have just written a vegan book like many other meat eating chefs?!
I know thereā€™s a lot to unpack with her but from a band point of view it couldnā€™t have been more simple. Even if her personal experience of faux poverty was 10 years ago, she should have kept herself involved in current issues and evolve her brand that way. The current issues with the school dinners was a perfect example of how she could have genuinely helped.
All for the fame though innit!
Street fam!

Reactions: 3
I love a bit of class talk, itā€™s intriguing!

I think a lot of us are now a mix of wc/mc,
there are many factors that envelop us , itā€™s complicated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I just googled that Vonny leClerc person - she seems to be very much like Jack... looks like she lives on her nerves.

Did I read on here somewhere that she breeds her cat?

As for JM, I honestly do feel like I've had enough of her - the vibe I get from her is emotional vampire. You know the sort of person who sucks the life out of anyone around her. The wee kitten seems to be her latest target and unlike SB and previous partners the poor wee thing will not get any respite from her exhausting neediness.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.