Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I normally just lurk but the cat content has been absolutely unforgivable, so I’ve decided to comment because honestly, duck this. She is straight up abusing that animal, and coming out with this twee airy-fairy ‘after spending time with her and ME ME ME the vet agrees with ME ME ME that MY cat should be saved and is looking into the alternative treatments suggested by ME ME ME’. Does she genuinely think the people reading this will believe this utter utter rubbish? Vets don’t just recommend euthanasia for an animal for a laugh, and they work under strict ethics codes and on the whole, are animal lovers. Hence why they’re bleeping vets you complete clown, Jack. Not sure two hours with the magical jack Monroe is gonna override 7 years of training, or whatever -who believes this tit? More likely that she argued with the expert for two hours and they reluctantly referred her.

I love animals. I love cats. I would go to the end of the earth to protect all the cats I’ve ever had. Part of that is making the decision to say goodbye if keeping them alive is more painful than a quiet, peaceful, dignified death would be.
I HATE the way this clown keeps repeating ‘not sure who is rescuing who’ over and over again. Keeping a poorly baby animal in agony to play out your ‘saviour fantasy’ on the internet is bleeping sick. It’s a seriously disabled baby that is clearly in pain (by her own admission, it’s purring like crazy - this can be a self soothing method for cats in serious pain. Again by her own admission, it isn’t gaining weight (of course it’s not,. It has NO obligation to cure you of your made-up illnesses, Jack.

The thing is, she is 100% going to crowdfund for this kitty.... I’d bet my (mortgaged, quite beautiful) house on it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I assume the vets could see they weren’t getting anywhere with her and said ok we’ll refer it to someone else to get her out of the building.

Reactions: 27
Words fail me. I've had to block her on IG cos I'm scared of commeting something I am so angry.
That cat looks bleeping terrified its poor face

• Sad
Reactions: 27
OT, kinda, sorry: @heretoreaditall2019
which aubergine recipe did you go for?
https://khoollect.com/eat-kitchen/c...hxTSNU2RE1Roc15jGij-HJ38hWCOhYd78PiCj7js0HdL4

I swapped honey for golden syrup because I’m pregnant but omg I LOVE it, it’s so easy and so tasty! He has another one on the Asda site which is the same recipe but the aubergine is cut up, I think I’ll do that for my next one (fancy).

I tend to not stray from the winning formula dinners we have on rotation but this was so easy to include, I imagine a lot of his dishes would be good for bulk cooking work lunches tbh?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Listening just now to Out to Lunch with Jay Rayner, and he and Grayson Perry (who I love!) talk about class. It’s a great podcast, even without the class stuff
I love this podcast too, the conversations are always so interesting!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Words fail me. I've had to block her on IG cos I'm scared of commeting something I am so angry.
That cat looks bleeping terrified its poor face
It’s got over 1700 likes!! WTAF is wrong with these people?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Long time lurker, first time poster. Had no intention of ever posting and just made the account so I could see the receipts (hence the rubbish username) then some of your posts were just too good not to like/react to but since @GrunkaLunka (I think) so nicely asked how we all the new people found this thread I wanted to reply.

So I first discovered Jack when she was first being featured in the guardian and A Girl Called Jack came out (let’s be honest I’m a fairly middle class young female lefty who was a student around the time so basically her target market). I got her first book (there were no memorable recipes in it). Followed her on twitter since (until I unfollowed during the pandemic due to her behaviour) but never really actively engaged with her.

Up until a few months ago I only considered her to be ‘a bit melodramatic’ and rolled my eyes a fair bit at her many many medical conditions that were oh so very significant but not very consistent and soon forgotten about. Was slightly irritated when she went from being ‘vegan’ to suddenly eating animals again (she was never vegan, she was plant-based for a few months if that). At the beginning of the year when she was posting those singing videos I’m ashamed to admit that I was taken in (in a bad way though-I actually pitied her and I even messaged some encouragement to her). At the beginning of the pandemic I was vaguely aware of her throwing tantrums at JO but was very BUSY at the time (triangulate that I work for the NHS 🤣) so didn’t pay much attention & didn’t watch DKL at the time.

I found you guys probably at about thread 34 (it was a couple of threads after she’d shown up-I then grunkad thread 31 onwards) and have avidly lurked, liking posts since. I must admit I found you because of a combination of my years of eye-rolling at her and the fact that I’m a nosey cow who found it very strange that she suddenly stopped mentioning ‘Mrs J’. I expected you all to be a bit bitchy and below the belt (dare I say it I also thought you’d all be right wing, possibly transphobes etc) & had no intention of spending hours reading your posts.

But I found that you cabal of haus fraus are the best. I’ve followed along for the various dramas Jack’s created over the last few weeks. I’ve laughed out loud (literally) at some of your posts, have loved your insightful, analytic thoughts on class, food, Jack’s purchases and everything else you’ve discussed. I was taken by how bloody kind you all are. Jack’s tweets are so bloody triggering at times and the kindness you’ve all shown to each other, the addition of spoilers etc have really touched me. I’ve been eye-rolling at Jack’s tweets for years and down-right appalled by her behaviour lately (you guys have really helped me see it as I’m not nocturnal so have previously missed them all and just found the ‘this tweet is unavailable’). Thank you for all your receipts, for making me laugh, making me think & for generally making her debacles less triggering and more amusing!

For triangulation purposes: I’m middle class (& not ashamed of it unlike Jack). Probably lower middle class, dad has WC roots. Still renting despite having worked a damn sight harder than Jack has & that’s fine. Sorry this was longer than I expected <insert gif of grandpa Simpson yelling at cloud>.

• Heart
Reactions: 102
Long time lurker, first time poster. Had no intention of ever posting and just made the account so I could see the receipts (hence the rubbish username) then some of your posts were just too good not to like/react to but since @GrunkaLunka (I think) so nicely asked how we all the new people found this thread I wanted to reply.

So I first discovered Jack when she was first being featured in the guardian and A Girl Called Jack came out (let’s be honest I’m a fairly middle class young female lefty who was a student around the time so basically her target market). I got her first book (there were no memorable recipes in it). Followed her on twitter since (until I unfollowed during the pandemic due to her behaviour) but never really actively engaged with her.

Up until a few months ago I only considered her to be ‘a bit melodramatic’ and rolled my eyes a fair bit at her many many medical conditions that were oh so very significant but not very consistent and soon forgotten about. Was slightly irritated when she went from being ‘vegan’ to suddenly eating animals again (she was never vegan, she was plant-based for a few months if that). At the beginning of the year when she was posting those singing videos I’m ashamed to admit that I was taken in (in a bad way though-I actually pitied her and I even messaged some encouragement to her). At the beginning of the pandemic I was vaguely aware of her throwing tantrums at JO but was very BUSY at the time (triangulate that I work for the NHS 🤣) so didn’t pay much attention & didn’t watch DKL at the time.

I found you guys probably at about thread 34 (it was a couple of threads after she’d shown up-I then grunkad thread 31 onwards) and have avidly lurked, liking posts since. I must admit I found you because of a combination of my years of eye-rolling at her and the fact that I’m a nosey cow who found it very strange that she suddenly stopped mentioning ‘Mrs J’. I expected you all to be a bit bitchy and below the belt (dare I say it I also thought you’d all be right wing, possibly transphobes etc) & had no intention of spending hours reading your posts.

But I found that you cabal of haus fraus are the best. I’ve followed along for the various dramas Jack’s created over the last few weeks. I’ve laughed out loud (literally) at some of your posts, have loved your insightful, analytic thoughts on class, food, Jack’s purchases and everything else you’ve discussed. I was taken by how bloody kind you all are. Jack’s tweets are so bloody triggering at times and the kindness you’ve all shown to each other, the addition of spoilers etc have really touched me. I’ve been eye-rolling at Jack’s tweets for years and down-right appalled by her behaviour lately (you guys have really helped me see it as I’m not nocturnal so have previously missed them all and just found the ‘this tweet is unavailable’). Thank you for all your receipts, for making me laugh, making me think & for generally making her debacles less triggering and more amusing!

For triangulation purposes: I’m middle class (& not ashamed of it unlike Jack). Probably lower middle class, dad has WC roots. Still renting despite having worked a damn sight harder than Jack has & that’s fine. Sorry this was longer than I expected <insert gif of grandpa Simpson yelling at cloud>.
Welcome to the cabal!! You are most very welcome here!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
You've got something to love, your child. Go love your son.
Maybe Jonny isn't always with her now - maybe his father has him a couple of days more, we don't know. I hope she doesn't make him take all these manically smiling photos of her that she then plasters all over her insta.

Reactions: 10
Thanks guys. My only complaint about the cabal is that you keep making me buy ice lollies and my freezer is already full.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I normally just lurk but the cat content has been absolutely unforgivable, so I’ve decided to comment because honestly, duck this. She is straight up abusing that animal, and coming out with this twee airy-fairy ‘after spending time with her and ME ME ME the vet agrees with ME ME ME that MY cat should be saved and is looking into the alternative treatments suggested by ME ME ME’. Does she genuinely think the people reading this will believe this utter utter rubbish? Vets don’t just recommend euthanasia for an animal for a laugh, and they work under strict ethics codes and on the whole, are animal lovers. Hence why they’re bleeping vets you complete clown, Jack. Not sure two hours with the magical jack Monroe is gonna override 7 years of training, or whatever -who believes this tit? More likely that she argued with the expert for two hours and they reluctantly referred her.

I love animals. I love cats. I would go to the end of the earth to protect all the cats I’ve ever had. Part of that is making the decision to say goodbye if keeping them alive is more painful than a quiet, peaceful, dignified death would be.
I HATE the way this clown keeps repeating ‘not sure who is rescuing who’ over and over again. Keeping a poorly baby animal in agony to play out your ‘saviour fantasy’ on the internet is bleeping sick. It’s a seriously disabled baby that is clearly in pain (by her own admission, it’s purring like crazy - this can be a self soothing method for cats in serious pain. Again by her own admission, it isn’t gaining weight (of course it’s not,. It has NO obligation to cure you of your made-up illnesses, Jack.

The thing is, she is 100% going to crowdfund for this kitty.... I’d bet my (mortgaged, quite beautiful) house on it.
Someone’s just suggested she crowdfund in the comments, and said that the supervet shown this week features a cat with the same condition 😭

Do we know how easy it is to get him on the case?

Reactions: 7

Loved your post *gif of hugging people probably the wrong gif would appear that was slightly too sexual but well meant*

And where would one who needed cheering up find these singing vids of which you speak?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Loved your post *gif of hugging people probably the wrong gif would appear that was slightly too sexual but well meant*

And where would one who needed cheering up find these singing vids of which you speak?
I just googled it.

My OH's response "what the duck was that".

Indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Thanks! The 4 minutes of rambling before the singing is quite something.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.