Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome!! I second the lolly aspect - somebody recommended the Rowntrees watermelon slices which I duly scampered to my online shop to order and they are *lovely*!

Still got a bit of Grunkaing to do so forgive me if I repeat someone (it seems to be happening a lot) but today’s kitty pic looks like an attempt at the Lion King/presenting Simba thing 😑

ETA: And yep, you got there first, @emmer_moans!
Totally agree re: the watermelon slices, on my second box now, they're "for the grandchildren". As if they'll be getting their sweaty little mitts anywhere near them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The thing that gets me here is the arrogance. I'm pretty sure that librarians and school teachers know more about children's books than she does! And even if you did want more advice on having diverse content, why would you message a food writer who only just found about David Walliams books?
Jack ‘Figment’ Monroe. It’s all a figment of her imagination

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am this close to driving to Thorpe Bay and taking that kitten off her.

Jack, what you are doing is called animal abuse. I will be ringing your nearest RSPCA branch tomorrow to report you. They may or may not be able to intervene but it's worth a shot. I cannot stand to see that defenceless animal suffering for your warped vanity.

Btw good evening, dear cabal. I am beside myself with anger at her disgusting behaviour but I want to give everyone here a massive long-distance hug XX
If I was closer I absolutely would.

But I am 100% behind you with calling the RSPCA, the quality of life that kitten must have being paraded around by Jackie as an attention prop for likes from Louisa is a disgrace.

Surely the RSPCA can do something?

I fear though, that true to form Jackie is a lying bleep and has only seen one vet and grossly exaggerated what they said.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I reckon she couldn't give a rat's arse what or when the kid eats as long as he's not "wittering on" about his books or interrupting her naps. Fair play to her for not plastering his life onto her social media (surprising, really) but when she does mention him it's usually not all that nice 🤔
I don’t think she doesn’t talk about him because of respect for his privacy, why would that be her limit when her little anecdote about ‘more bread and jam mummy’ basically launched her career? I just think she is so caught up in her own world it doesn’t occur to her to include him in her stories. I find it odd that she hasn’t mentioned how him and the new kitten are bonding. Aren’t family pets for the children too, not just for ‘saving’ narcissistic mothers?

• Sad
Reactions: 33
That, my dear Frau, was chicken drumsticks (I recall not browned off) cooked in a hellscape of sludge, which was Jackie’s reverse engineer of her dad’s Chinese-style chicken curry. And a load of frozen peas for texture.

Which, turns out, was from a jar when her dad made it. Wonderful anecdote.
Boak

• Haha
Reactions: 14

But I am 100% behind you with calling the RSPCA, the quality of life that kitten must have being paraded around by Jackie as an attention prop for likes from Louisa is a disgrace.

I fear though, that true to form Jackie is a lying bleep and has only seen one vet and grossly exaggerated what they said.
They may react. But only if you know her full address. I doubt they will go looking

Reactions: 12
oh black tippex my darling...you will be blocked in 3, 2,1.....

Um, I'm not advocating bothering rspca and clogging up their phonelines or anything, bit surely if enough people report it they have to do something?

I don’t think she doesn’t talk about him because of respect for his privacy, why would that be her limit when her little anecdote about ‘more bread and jam mummy’ basically launched her career? I just think she is so caught up in her own world it doesn’t occur to her to include him in her stories. I find it odd that she hasn’t mentioned how him and the new kitten are bonding. Aren’t family pets for the children too, not just for ‘saving’ narcissistic mothers?
because he isn't with her. At Dad's 100%

Reactions: 15
AF23211C-8DAF-44B6-826F-2A62DCFA5AEF.jpeg

Cropped out the kitten. Unless there is something going on under her three pairs of knickers then she is not that cat’s Mama.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Looks like she's got a new Insta grid theme going on. Alternate cat (black & white) and food (colour) photos. Wonder how long she'll keep that going for.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Cue pass-agg response of how it’s a mantra she has for life in that she doesn’t shine a light on negativity 😳 or put it out into the world 😳 because she believes in positivity first 😳 followed by a little sign off checking that’s OK with *checks commenter’s name* and wishing them a nice day with a very pointed capital X followed by an extremely purposeful full stop.

The only recipe I’ve made of Jack’s is the marmalade granola. I may have bodged it but it was too dry (no sticky honeyish crunch) and didn’t taste of marmalade.

ETA: someone needs to Grunka backwards to see who wins the award for commenting on how Jack should be putting more food on her grid.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Not sure if i did the quotes right...but I had to finally step out of the shadows too and say hi 🙋‍♀️ because your post could almost have been written by me!

One of the main differences is that I have been lurking since thread 2, and have kept up more or less ever since. It's been almost a full time job...for which I have had to, at times, neglect my actual full time job (but this has been far more interesting, that's for sure!).

You are such an intelligent, articulate, hilarious and empathic cabal, and although we have never actually spoken I feel like I have been on this whole journey together with you and it really has gotten me through lockdown.

I don't plan to post much but I wanted to say hello and send my love to you all 😍. I am also lurking in the Food and Dick/Drinks thread (getting there via Downing Street was quite the ride 😂) and might pop up there too if I get the time.
I never intended on posting much either. I’m glad you’re all saying hello it’s nice to know everyone reading along has been nodding their heads like I was while I lurked

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Re RSPCA they was involved with my neighbour removed two dogs and young cat but didn't do enquires enough and left two cats behind.One had more or less moved out to live on bakery's rubbish bin at end of street,now rehomed.Other is living in our outside toilet(not used lol) since just before lock down, long story short phoned a few weeks ago still won't come out unless serious illness or emergency so doubt they will visit Jack especially as she is on Supervets list.Would like to think they would take action but sadly think not.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Good point. When I first began to have misgivings, it also struck me how few apparent witnesses there are to much of the history that shapes her narrative, other than SB when he was too young to remember. A lot of drama and back up for her various claims also happen in her private DMs - the 100s of schools that contacted her in the wake of the DW non-scandal etc. Not saying they didn’t happen, m’lud, but I found it disconcerting even back when I was a fan:oops: (let’s never speak of that again😅).
It would make sense if there were literally no apparent witnesses. If she had no family or friends she could have turned to, her story would be more believable
The fact there are clearly multiple witnesses who are not speaking out is confusing, though I think the reason for this would be because Jack is already unstable and also to maintain the relationship with SB

Re: Instagram photo, ‘babycat’ :rolleyes: if only there was an existing word for that...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The amount of time Jack spends on social media is shocking. Not just the messages but the photos she takes - she's the type that will take ages to take one, or take numerous photos before choosing what to post.

My gut feeling is that she has Jonny much, much less than she makes out. If he were there she wouldn't be permanently online.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.