Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Morning,

I struggled yesterday, as everything is catching up on me now - aftereffects of the plague, PsA flare, lack of sleep, not seeing another living, breathing soul for months, only having what's stocked in the nearest Coop for food, etc, etc.

Anyhow, I've just seen the cuntery about roast beef.

I have, and this is absolutely truthful, NEVER had a joint of roast beef. I've had some slices from a packet, I've had a tiny rolled thing the size of my hand between me & Mr D for our first Christmas together. But I have never had roast beef with a bone you can make into stock. Or a T Bone steak, or a Porterhouse, or anything other than what you can get for under a fiver in a supermarket to cover 2-4 people. As a kid, we had frozen chicken once a week. It was the cheapest, weighed about 3lb, between six people. And a half leg of lamb (frozen again) once a year, then a frozen Turkey at Christmas. I had never had scampi, my prawn cocktail was pieces of tomato in salad cream and tomato sauce, I'd never had fish other than crab or salmon paste or a boil in the bag Cod & Parsley Sauce with frozen peas if I was ill. I had eaten cockles and winkles.

The sheer spite in that comment as though it's simply inconceivable a person could never have had roast beef because of the price and they must be making it up is astonishing.

JM mentioned she liked the fact I did say the arthritis checks out back in thread #31. It does. I have no interest in making shit up, if something is probably true, I'll say it's possible.

Well, if you're reading here again, your comments ooze privilege in the way that Toby Young's do. Your privilege has oozed out all over your plate, over your table and is currently seeping into your parquet flooring. Best watch it doesn't damage your designer clothing.

Punching down on the very people you brand yourself as being, because you want your fellow blue tickers to know you're one of them, with your utterly middle class accent, sense of fashion, the brands you love, the people you crave recognition from, that you aren't really like those people who said they didn't even have roast beef! Oh, what a HOOT! They're so funny! pisses over the grave of every person who has died as a result of their benefits being stopped, you stick two fingers up and laugh in the face of every single parent who has no family to fall back on and every person living now who looks at the tins of corned beef in the shop and winces at the price before looking for something else more affordable.

You really are that posh mean girl in school, the one who would single out another child for not having the right coat, shoes, food in their lunchbox, the lunchbox itself, having to have free school dinners and draw attention to their inequality, their poverty, just to make the rest of your gang laugh.

Stay home, posh girl. Stay in your middleclass lane of malice and derision and eventual property inheritance and leave us council house scum alone. You can't appropriate our identity anymore than you can any other without your true, privileged and entitled self bleeding through.

By the way, face shape - cat. Scent - Psoriderm Coal Tar solution.

• Heart
Reactions: 91

Debarkle

Chatty Member
I am so angry seeing this. Everyone fucking told you and warned you.

Trigger warning

I don’t know how to put pictures in spoilers.

3A237965-CA3D-440C-915B-7D09206AE770.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 88

NP

VIP Member
Can I interrupt the kitten chat?

Found out today we’re expecting baby no.3! And I can’t tell anyone IRL yet because we lost a baby earlier this year so we want to wait until we know everything will be okay. But I want to share my excitement and anxiety with you cabal of trolls.

As you were.

<kid from Look Who’s Talking angrily shaking a hairbrush GIF, directed at Jack>

• Heart
Reactions: 88

tattle admin

Tattle Staff
Welcome to thread 43, can someone write a tldr? Thread title by @TriviaNewtonJohn

Can I also just ask memebers to stop doing a few things, I know some like it but others are complaining and we do our best to make the site run well for all.

Only post if it adds something to the thread, don't post "wow so many pages to read, will be back in a few hours!" As it compounds the issues. Also please don't "omg I just made chatty memeber *gif* *gif* *gif* " as it doesn't add anything and feels offtopic.

If you agree/ like with a post or want to give someon some love please use the reactions rather than quoting with just a couple of words that say the same thing.

Also please think twice before you gif as some people's devices are struggling with how many there are a page and it causes lots of excessive data usage for those not on WiFi.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start a general food and drink thread in offtopic to keep this one on topic?

Thanks all, it's tricky trying to please everyone but we try our best :)

• Heart
Reactions: 70
My brother died last year after an accident. He could have potentially been kept alive for a while. But the entire, fucked up, abusive, gaslighting family ALL agreed that it was wrong to keep in a position where he could be in pain but not have any comprehension of what had happened to him. So they did all the tests for him to become an organ donor. We watched the last physical tests being carried out. And I sat with him until it was time and walked with him to the door of the theatre in the dead of night, probably as hopeful recipients were coming in another door.

I've held all my pets as they've been put to sleep.

In no case did I refuse to believe what was staring me in the face when I had been told by professionals what the reality was. I didn't go home and think it over, if it is time, if there is no hope or if the only future is one of pain, pain and more pain, if it is the right thing to do, it is not your feelings that matter. It is your responsibility to make the decision that is best for the patient, not yourself. And it hurts. It really fucking hurts. BUT YOU STILL DO IT.

If you eat animals, you should be prepared to make a decision for the interests of an animal; after all, you make decisions for chickens and pigs and cows every time you buy something, you're just insulated from the reality of that decision unless you choose to be aware and take responsibility for it. Vegetarians and vegans understand this and make the decisions for both their pets and food. I make those decisions daily. You make those decisions about life and death for animals every time you take a medicine, wash your hair, get dressed or open a can of Felix.

If you can make the decision for a random pig to die for your nduja snack, you can make a decision to let that kitten be free of pain, suffering and fear. So fucking make it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Decided to navigate through her twitter replies thingy. Wish I hadn’t, as I am appalled at her followers’ stupidity and blind devotion:
331980A1-4658-4524-9898-27850B70C2FB.jpeg

67C6DAD0-A1BF-40D2-81F5-9EA19A18132F.jpeg

She has the money, you fools. What she is lacking is morality.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 69

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Apologies if either of these have been posted already - and I don't know how to do screenshots under spoilers but Jean definitely is on the ball and Splish Splash after Simon's tweet..well.

1594306822772.png

1594306851953.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67

Flash

Hi everyone 👋🏻 My first post on these threads
Hope I’ve done the spoiler right.. Jackie’s not managed to block this sensible red squiggly person yet:
289E85D5-625F-4F4D-9D15-EFAD962E1A5F.jpeg

ETA: sorry I don’t think I did get it right 😳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66

SoulRebel

VIP Member
I'm just going to park this here - on 30th June (on her IG) I offered, and sincerely meant it, to pay for the kitten to go to a vet immediately. Jack ignored me and now I can't see my comment. Someone on here did a screenshot at the time.
Days of suffering, being shut in the kitchen/bathroom and used as an accessory for the internet could have been avoided.
I am going to implode with anger and tears.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Pocahontas

VIP Member
She has munchausen’s by proxy through the kitten. Clear and simple. The drama, the attention, the sympathy. It’s glorious for her, and she can’t get enough. She even loves that we all discuss her here. We’re talking about HER.

And her sycophants:
Oh, Jack - you’re such a saint. Oh, Jack you really love all broken creatures. Have some money towards her care. Patreon top up.

And when the inevitable happens, oh, Jack, your poor sad heart. I feel your grief. You can’t work because you are so sad. Patreon top up.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Silver Linings

VIP Member
D7E89B30-8D2D-478D-8FAC-7D1266A213D5.jpeg

I hate everyone in the world apart from here. Cute. Imagine saying this about a human.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 62

Tabitha D

VIP Member
ARSEHOLE.
YES, PET STUFF IS EXPENSIVE. Crowdfunder incoming.

View attachment 176793
“Nearly £800” is:
1. Less than a Cotswold sideboard.
2. Less than a WaterRower.
3. Considerably less than a Smeg fridge.
4. Considerably less than the (alleged) 5 figures she was very recently paid by Hellmann’s. And then there’s whatever DKR paid her.
5. Presumably also her Emin would leave quite a bit of change after £800.
PLEASE NOONE CROWD-FUND FOR THIS GRASPING FAKE.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61

TriviaNewtonJohn

VIP Member
Wahoo!

Recap:
JM started beef with David Walliams despite being 90% vegan and Walliams completely ignoring her.
JM is adamant that one of the characters in one of his books is black (portrayed offensively) despite the publisher saying she's white and her receipts have darker lighting than ours.
JM is still being evasive about whether her kitten has gone to the vets.
There was some ambiguity about whether or not she likes coriander.
She's cut herself a fringe (or 'bangs') with the bit of hair at the front.
She's currently proving how working class she is despite liking posh sausages.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61