Jack Monroe #43 the devil('s herb) works hard but Jack works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually dislike her. I don't know why this still shocks me, but I honestly thought she'd look after that cat. Many of you called it way earlier than me. I thought some of you were overreacting with the talk about RSPCA, but you were all 100% correct. She is cruel. She can't see the cat as a sentient being with feelings. It's just a prop. I finally understand how she could so easily go from 'I only drink coffee with cruelty-free milk' to 'I'm adding as many animal products to this dish as humanly possible' without batting an eyelid. She's a psychopath.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
We all know she reads her and then subtweets us as she’s banned from posting. So the question I’d really like answered Jack, is why do you think you know better than THREE vets?
I really wonder if she's been to see any vet, let alone three. The timing of her posts are a little too convenient.

Reactions: 11
I'm just going to park this here - on 30th June (on her IG) I offered, and sincerely meant it, to pay for the kitten to go to a vet immediately. Jack ignored me and now I can't see my comment. Someone on here did a screenshot at the time.
Days of suffering, being shut in the kitchen/bathroom and used as an accessory for the internet could have been avoided.
I am going to implode with anger and tears.
I have to say as lows go she has smashed it today, I feel physically sick and so upset for that poor cat.

She is utterly utterly vile.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
harold-bishop-e1422400178537.jpg

Here is a calming photo of Harold Bishop and his biscuity aroma. I think it is needed xxx

@SoulRebel you are a wonderful person, that is so generous of you.

@Harrybosch I am in total agreement with you. I would say she's a sociopath but she's not clever enough to keep her stories and emotions together. It really is psychopathic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
To everyone who needs it

(gif of Ian Hislop in a bubble bath with a glass of red wine)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
OK but I still don't get it - why would you rinse baked beans and hoops and therefore waste the sauce which gives it flavour and means you can stretch two meals out of a tin? Why not buy loose dried beans from a corner shop for 11p or lidl value pasta?
(I don't know why I'm so interested in this but it seems to encapsulate the JM style of general illogicality about everything!)
I think it’s because, although baked beans come pre-cooked in tomato sauce, and so make a perfectly acceptable cheap meal with a bit of toast, Jack thinks the tomato sauce is too fancy for poor folks, whose unrefined palates can only cope with tasteless slop, and therefore needs to be rinsed away. Or something. Gawd knows.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Spoiler/TW as spoiler isn’t work its for me
Kitten/euthanasia

I’m not fully up to date on this thread yet but I just needed to get this off my chest.
As a nurse I see people daily in more pain and suffering than personally (and it is a personal opinion, I’m not Beverly Allit) I believe should be allowed. The one decent thing we can do for animals that we can’t for humans is end their suffering peacefully and with dignity. Euthanasia is sad and I don’t deny that, but when animals cannot properly communicate their pain, and have evolved to not show weakness, how on earth can Jack say that poor kitten isn’t suffering?

Just winds me up, yes it’s terribly sad and when I had to have my dog put down I was inconsolable but I knew that it was what was best for HIM, my feelings on it didn’t come into it.

Eta: had a name change: formally gemclem91

• Heart
Reactions: 51
This is nothing to do with the cat is it? It's all about her, yet again. I'm seething about how dare she manipulate people into giving her money again. How she wants to be seen as a saviour, so ballsy for demanding Supervet, please give me a pat on the back. I hope this isn't too evil of me but I honestly think the best thing to happen to the cat is for it to die from natural causes before she subjects it to all those painful interventions and operations

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
@Keegan

I can't DM you for some reason - apologies for clogging the thread up.

Firstly - are you in Scotland? Cos I am and I believe it's a different set up to England/Wales/NI. There's a prominent MSP up here who was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult and (long story short) is working with NHS Boards to improve access to testing and diagnosis for adults.

I think the process of testing and diagnosis was a little easier for me because I was already in the system - I received EMDR from a psychologist after receiving a diagnosis of CPTSD (this is after being on waiting lists, meeting various MHPs so not a quick process)

As part of that treatment, the psychologist asked me if I wanted to be tested for ASD and ADHD.

For the ADHD, I had to complete a series of questionnaires. This would normally be done in person but because of Covid it was done over the phone. I had 5 sessions lasting about 45 minutes each. The psychologist also spoke to my Mum to ask specifically about incidences from childhood. None of the questions were traumatic or upsetting in case that's a concern.

And, I was recently called by the psychologist who wanted to let me know informally that my responses suggest I do have ADHD. It's not formal as yet but finding out is a huge relief.

I hope that's helpful and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Soz for going so off topic folks.
Can't message you either!?!

I'm in Scotland yeah:) I've seen psychiatrists and psychologists before but not for years so I'm not under active care. I just called to double check where I am and it's an 18 to 20 month wait and I've been on the list 8 months 😂 great.. another 8 to 10 months. Arrrgh.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just reading the replies to her tweets and I really think it’s the case that people just skim her nonsense as they follow her to look good. So many are ‘oh, is that your leg?’ 😏 or, ‘oh, has your cat broken a bone?’ ‘You got a cat?’ Etc.

I think obvs. we have her card marked and she knows it, so she assumes they all care about her as much as we do, or at least in the opposite way if that makes any sense. She thinks they love and idolise her in the way that we pull her up on things. So when they genuinely interact with her then she’s validated.

I am inarticulate. She’s a head and she genuinely needs some help.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
One of these imaginary vets also gave kitty an A+ pass according to her mate Vix too.
WHAT THE duck WAS SHE ON ABOUT, A EUTHANASIA RECOMMENDATION IS SURELY THE FARTHEST THING FROM AN A+ PASS, IT’S THE WORST POSSIBLE NEWS FROM A VET
The “she doesn’t appear to be suffering at all” Tweet just shows how bloody ignorant she is. Animals don’t necessarily show they are in pain, and the kitten was likely reluctant to appear weak due to being taken away from her mum and forced to live in a new environment with a massive cat and a human who keeps it in the bathroom and makes it do painful exercises (both seem like predators). Poor creature is probably tit scared most of the time

Also the Tweet reminded me of a stray cat I once had. He was lovely, and by the time we realised he was ill, there was nothing that could be done (cancer / cat AIDs). He didn’t seem unwell for such a long time, it’s like he just accepted the pain and got on with it. The person who was responsible for the cat was devastated and delayed euthanising him, which in hindsight was cruel. It got to the point where we found him struggling to breathe and everyone agreed it was time for him to be put out of his pain. We put him in the carry cage without the lid on and took it in turns to quickly say goodbye. In the midst of this, the cat used all his strength to get up and climb out of the cage. Broke my bleeping heart because he was mentally still fighting even though his body was so close to giving up. We put him back in the carry cage anyway and took him to be put down because it was in his best interest

Stop torturing that poor kitten, Jack

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Can I interrupt the kitten chat?

Found out today we’re expecting baby no.3! And I can’t tell anyone IRL yet because we lost a baby earlier this year so we want to wait until we know everything will be okay. But I want to share my excitement and anxiety with you cabal of trolls.

As you were.

<kid from Look Who’s Talking angrily shaking a hairbrush GIF, directed at Jack>

• Heart
Reactions: 88
She admits here that it’s getting worse! WTF!
What the *actual* duck?! I’m shaking with rage at her attitude to this poor little kitten. Jack - vets do not just pluck their recommendations from thin air. Pull your head out of your arse and think about something other than yourself for once.

In other news today:
Boss: Did you read that (insert boring topic) report yet?
Calabria: Yep, I grunka’d my way through it last night
Boss: You what??
Calabria: Err... nothing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.