Jack Monroe #43 the devil('s herb) works hard but Jack works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh. Just had a telephone Rheumatology review.

Still Vitamin D deficient, they're worried about my lung function (possibly lung fibrosis or scarring from Covid), they're worried I'm rejecting my medication (biologically speaking, that is), they're worried about osteoporosis due to long term steroids. So I've got to go up to that there London for antibody tests, x-rays and a couple of scans at different times over the next week or two, depending upon when they can fit me in.

No lugging 93kg sideboards or scampering around to the shops to spunk tons of dosh on trendy ingredients for me at present.

I'm most annoyed at the moment about the deficiency. I try to eat well on our budget, I take vitamins daily, but yet again, bleeping nutritional deficiencies.

Maybe eating some Nduja from a jar with a spoon would fix it? Or should I just have some bleeping roast beef, as it's so affordable, simply everybody must have it regularly?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
I thought people just spoil things when she mentions the kitty. I thought we were on a need to know basis, then she tells the world.... I honestly don't get her.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ugh. Just had a telephone Rheumatology review.

Still Vitamin D deficient, they're worried about my lung function (possibly lung fibrosis or scarring from Covid), they're worried I'm rejecting my medication (biologically speaking, that is), they're worried about osteoporosis due to long term steroids. So I've got to go up to that there London for antibody tests, x-rays and a couple of scans at different times over the next week or two, depending upon when they can fit me in.

No lugging 93kg sideboards or scampering around to the shops to spunk tons of dosh on trendy ingredients for me at present.

I'm most annoyed at the moment about the deficiency. I try to eat well on our budget, I take vitamins daily, but yet again, bleeping nutritional deficiencies.

Maybe eating some Nduja from a jar with a spoon would fix it? Or should I just have some bleeping roast beef, as it's so affordable, simply everybody must have it regularly?
I have osteopenia in my spine. I take adcal daily, although they do have stronger meds if needed. If you get adcal demand the pills as the tablets are the chalk ones that people take to calm upset stomachs and they are vile.

Unrelated, all this sideboard talk has convinced me I need one.

I have no cash. I want it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Lol at her friend Vix (who works in PR!) suggesting that actually Jack has already taken the cat to the vets. (I’ve not blanked her name out as she’s done lives etc with Jack)
Pre-empting people seeing through the lie that the kitten had already been to the vet and needed splints.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
What is this cuntery of which you speak? :unsure:

She seems quiet on social media this morning (Iknow, I know tempting Jack fate). I truly hope she is taking a break to look around her and see that her behaviour must be causing hurt and harm to those close to her.

PS. Mark Rylance 'fancy'. Face shape variable and menopausal. Scent - Clarins Eau Ressourcante Spray fanciererer....
1594294673221.png

Soooo droll.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Apologies for the late reply @choccydigestive, we surprised our son with a much wanted new kitten yesterday as a birthday surprise. Spent the day and evening settling him in.

He'd been at the same school from Reception until year 5 when we had to move (didn't really have a choice). He loved it there and the guilt I felt at taking him away from all his friends was immense.

We thought we'd found a lovely primary in the village we moved to. We were obviously hoping he'd make new local friends if we could walk there etc. How wrong we were. It turned out to be full of extremely aggressive overly 'macho' boys, the whole energy of the place was just wrong for him. We knew in our gut pretty quickly we had to move him again, despite the school working with us to try and solve it. I didn't want him going into secondary with these children. And 9-year-old kids should not be getting beaten up on a regular basis, He was being called weak as he wouldn't fight back but we've raised him to be a sensitive, empathetic person who should never follow the crowd and be true to himself. He'd had a pretty charmed life up until this point so I think it was a real shock to the system for him and he definitely needs to learn some resilience but my husband I both agreed it would be wrong to keep him at that school.

He seems much happier at his new place, smaller classes, calmer environment, less competition. Fingers crossed it stays this way but, who knows?!

Navigating childhood with phones and social media is an absolute nightmare (or a hellscape a la JM). I wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything better for your son. It's awful seeing them suffer and knowing there isn't really much you can do about it but try and support them through it. Sadly, our children are learning early on that life is cruel and people are awful.

Love Brian Butterfield, the artist formerly known as hongkonggfuey xx
I hope your son is happy is his new school.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So if she had taken the kitten to the vet sooner, she would've posted about it, instead of waiting over a week (can't remember how long ago it is). I'm so angry, I feel like I should be adding a fancy word in there but hey I'm not like Jack and proud of it.
Yes so as we all correctly assumed her earlier 'yes a vet looked at kitten' definitely did not mean she was actually at the vets.
She literally has the attention span of a gnat. So she's done children's literature has she? What happened to 'I'm not going anywhere. I'm not giving up'? She can tuck this little interlude away somewhere, to be dragged out at a much later date and presented in a completely different way than it actually happened. Not doubt Harper Collins will have issued a grovelling apology to her and David Walliams will have vowed to mend his ways.

• Angry
Reactions: 31
Yes so as we all correctly assumed her earlier 'yes a vet looked at kitten' definitely did not mean she was actually at the vets.
She literally has the attention span of a gnat. So she's done children's literature has she? What happened to 'I'm not going anywhere. I'm not giving up'? She can tuck this little interlude away somewhere, to be dragged out at a much later date and presented in a completely different way than it actually happened. Not doubt Harper Collins will have issued a grovelling apology to her and David Walliams will have vowed to mend his ways.
I keep thinking Harper Collins must be so grateful to her for pointing this out to them as obviously they had no idea. Now they can take all the books off sale🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm glad to see her getting furious with the government again. Hoping that this will signal the start of another "political Jack" era. There is after all a politics book on the horizon. 🤔

The good thing about having to ration the gifs is that we can just make them up now.

<insert gif where Maverick Tom Cruise puts on his sunglasses and then turns to wink at Keir Starmer, who is for some reason wearing his old gown and wig while looking very cross and sensible>
Can we get Starmer to defend us in "Monroe v Hausfrauen" or do you reckon he's a bit too BUSY at the minute? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I am so angry seeing this. Everyone bleeping told you and warned you.

Trigger warning

I don’t know how to put pictures in spoilers.

3A237965-CA3D-440C-915B-7D09206AE770.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.