Jack Monroe #43 the devil('s herb) works hard but Jack works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate that she will somehow twist this as us (without ever mentioning here, of course, because she knows we're bleeping right) being evil cat murderers and her sycophants will pipe up with the usual 'I can't believe how cruel people can be #bekind'

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
@Keegan

I can't DM you for some reason - apologies for clogging the thread up.

Firstly - are you in Scotland? Cos I am and I believe it's a different set up to England/Wales/NI. There's a prominent MSP up here who was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult and (long story short) is working with NHS Boards to improve access to testing and diagnosis for adults.

I think the process of testing and diagnosis was a little easier for me because I was already in the system - I received EMDR from a psychologist after receiving a diagnosis of CPTSD (this is after being on waiting lists, meeting various MHPs so not a quick process)

As part of that treatment, the psychologist asked me if I wanted to be tested for ASD and ADHD.

For the ADHD, I had to complete a series of questionnaires. This would normally be done in person but because of Covid it was done over the phone. I had 5 sessions lasting about 45 minutes each. The psychologist also spoke to my Mum to ask specifically about incidences from childhood. None of the questions were traumatic or upsetting in case that's a concern.

And, I was recently called by the psychologist who wanted to let me know informally that my responses suggest I do have ADHD. It's not formal as yet but finding out is a huge relief.

I hope that's helpful and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Soz for going so off topic folks.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And how convenient that this has swung the spotlight away from her abandoned DW crusade. She's bored of that already.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
My mate was very recently quoted £800 for x-rays for her cat ...

I cant put into words what I think about Jack right now as I would probably get banned for the language!!!
MIL had a much loved young spaniel who ran out in front of a car. MiL had insurance and the dog was taken to a veterinary hospital where he stayed for about a month having multiple ops etc. MiL would not countenance PTS despite advice from her own vets and the family. Treatment cost truly scary amounts (at least fifteen thousand for insurance i believe and she also supplemented several thousand out of pocket as they basically ended up refusing to continue to fund the care as the vet hospital also recommended pts as the saga went on, which was a whole other attention grabbing battle royale for her) and for the last two years of his life the poor dog was a blind, deaf, brain damaged boy who was so traumatised by his experiences that he would soil himself if he smelt a vet/medicine/disinfectant sort of smell. I will never forget what he suffered because MIL said she couldn't live without him. There's a reason why a quick painless death is better than than all the torture JM is gleefully anticipating for the kitten. She's just excited about the attention and the magical begging bowl.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
This is the disgusting thing, I know most of her audience are middle class liberals who think she really helps the poorsTM out, but she'll also have a number of people who are quite hard up themselves. The idea of these people not being given 100% transparency as to her financial affairs, and doing without themselves to donate, is truly beyond reprehension. She's a freelancer earning big sums, she's not shy to tell people that or about her 6 bestsellers, she shouldn't be asking anyone for money. She has wealthy parents too?
Exactly, it's so frustrating! Let's assume the average Twitter follower of hers sees most of her tweets but doesn't have a catalogue knowledge of things she's said (as here). You'd still think one of them would twig the disconnect between 1. the Westwood dress that was mentioned a mere week or so ago, 2. the £££ Dyson fan seen in the kitten video she reposted literally TODAY, and 3. the rude "my books sell very well thank you" comment to someone literally the other day - to name but a few. And here she is now going "ooof, £700 was more than I thought, FYI may need to ask you guys for some pennies". Even if you don't personally know designer prices you KNOW something like a Westwood is worth a lot more than your average River Island top and could easily be put on eBay for a reasonable chunk.

It makes no sense. You don't need a full archive of Tattle receipts to notice that she seems to have a lot of above-bog-standard pricey things in her home but is teetering on the brink of asking folk (who most likely have less than her) to dip their hands in their pockets to help her out. I genuinely wonder how many of them are reading it and thinking it doesn't match up or seems in poor taste. I suppose it's quite possible that some people are but they don't want to pop their head above the parapet to suggest anything because they'll get macerated by her and her die-hards.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Similarly her statement about failing GCSES, it does not support her narrative or disprove her middle class status. She thinks she is so good at arguing but what she falls back on is weak and ineffectual which exposes her lies.
So many of my friends growing up were middle class and failed their GCSEs 'cos our school was tit. Didn't automatically make them working class 🙄And as someone said before, having gone to grammer school, she would have been exposed to some much extra culture, learning opportunities - probably where doing well was encouraged by peers. In my school, if you were a 'keener' who wanted to get good grades then you were ostracised.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Sake.... Not one reason (which is enough) but SEVERAL.
Sooooo she is happy enough to say enough to get people to contribute to vet bills but not happy to say what the several reasons are that 3 vets have suggested PTS :mad:
Exactly, it's so frustrating! Let's assume the average Twitter follower of hers sees most of her tweets but doesn't have a catalogue knowledge of things she's said (as here). You'd still think one of them would twig the disconnect between 1. the Westwood dress that was mentioned a mere week or so ago, 2. the £££ Dyson fan seen in the kitten video she reposted literally TODAY, and 3. the rude "my books sell very well thank you" comment to someone literally the other day - to name but a few. And here she is now going "ooof, £700 was more than I thought, FYI may need to ask you guys for some pennies". Even if you don't personally know designer prices you KNOW something like a Westwood is worth a lot more than your average River Island top and could easily be put on eBay for a reasonable chunk.

It makes no sense. You don't need a full archive of Tattle receipts to notice that she seems to have a lot of above-bog-standard pricey things in her home but is teetering on the brink of asking folk (who most likely have less than her) to dip their hands in their pockets to help her out. I genuinely wonder how many of them are reading it and thinking it doesn't match up or seems in poor taste. I suppose it's quite possible that some people are but they don't want to pop their head above the parapet to suggest anything because they'll get macerated by her and her die-hards.
Random question as I know nothing about crowdfunding/tip jars etc, this would be declarable income right?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm right it's a cult I'm telling you. She tried to enlist us when she inserted herself sinisterly here but we were too strong for her evil ways.

(I think that poor little kitten should have it's name changed to Cash Cow btw 😥)

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I am sickened and seething at what shes doing. She doesn't have that kittens best interests in mind, its all about her, again, she's getting off on all this. While shes focusing all her attention and energy at the vets/tweeting furiously, where is SB? Homeschooling? Also, he is going to have to bear witness to whatever happens to this tiny animal. :mad::mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 28
She has munchausen’s by proxy through the kitten. Clear and simple. The drama, the attention, the sympathy. It’s glorious for her, and she can’t get enough. She even loves that we all discuss her here. We’re talking about HER.

And her sycophants:
Oh, Jack - you’re such a saint. Oh, Jack you really love all broken creatures. Have some money towards her care. Patreon top up.

And when the inevitable happens, oh, Jack, your poor sad heart. I feel your grief. You can’t work because you are so sad. Patreon top up.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I'm finding it really weird how jolly and active on Twitter she can be when she's just had such awful news. I remember my whole family sitting in stunned silence for days after we had bad news. Her behaviour is so.... emotionless?
IKR?! I've been really worried about my dog for the last few days, he's been behaving ... oddly, I mean I'm probably being paranoid but it's really affecting me. I mean, if it continues I'll take him to the vet but at the moment I don't even know what I'd say to them other than 'ah, he's just not really himself uno??' and they'll probably think I'm mad and have nothing particularly useful to advise me. But anyway, my point is, it's on my mind to the point that I can barely look at twitter / concentrate on the telly or books etc (let alone WORK, which I've done absolutely none of since, like Saturday) ... and he's probably absolutely FINE and just a bit fed up with me / bored / having a wee anxious spell. NOT, like, desperately ill or in pain, if that were happening I'd be slumped into a massive bleeping depression on any 'downtime'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Please everyone, remember today when you feel even an ounce of sympathy for her in the future

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I've missed loads of posts so sorry if this has been picked up on already.

I thought this was a strange thing to say. I get that SB might struggle to help her up, but she doesn't live alone... 🤔

Screenshot_2020-07-09_151837_1.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Away from the awful cat saga for a mo, @Gentlemensrelish - Putin?? 😂
Hahaha!!

Well - the extraordinarily long justification seeing as it's a rainy afternoon and everyone needs a break from knobhead being a knobhead is: when I was a much younger woman, like our friend Ms Monroe, I used to have sex with men for money. I can't say I was a prostitute because it was all of the very most middle class, privileged kind where I essentially went to very lovely restaurants with charming, rich men. It was, bar the odd incident, all very pleasant and now I'm old and (more) settled, I would class at least three of them as good friends. BUT the fact I found myself in those situations is probably somewhat reflective of my attitude to sex which is that it's something I'm willing to do out of nothing more than a mild sense of curiousity. So in that regard, I would bang him because I could, and then I could come back here and tell you lot about it.

(I will add a huge caveat here that I am aware he is absolute scum, a moral void, I have seen the topless on a horse photos and I still remain curious. I hate my brain)

The short version is: more than one of you has a crush on Ian Hislop so I simply won't be judged 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
hole.
YES, PET STUFF IS EXPENSIVE. Crowdfunder incoming.

View attachment 176793
“Nearly £800” is:
1. Less than a Cotswold sideboard.
2. Less than a WaterRower.
3. Considerably less than a Smeg fridge.
4. Considerably less than the (alleged) 5 figures she was very recently paid by Hellmann’s. And then there’s whatever DKR paid her.
5. Presumably also her Emin would leave quite a bit of change after £800.
PLEASE NOONE CROWD-FUND FOR THIS GRASPING FAKE.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
Quite the switch around from the other day when she snappily replied to someone enquiring after the kitten that she would not be posting details as everything gets ripped into. Hmmm now she wants both sympathy, attention and more importantly MONEY, she is going into all the details. Shameless and disgustingly transparent. We see you Jack and have ALL the receipts.
Didn’t she tweet about how financially secure he was when she first got kitten? When someone asked if she’d be able to afford it?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

A friend of mine, (who doesn’t know I contribute here) told me the other day that she’d unfollowed her as she couldn’t stand the constant pity party. I think more and more people will see her for what she is as her behaviour continues.

Unfortunately some people can’t see past a cute baby animal.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
This really is not the sort of behaviour you'd expect from someone who has just had devastating news from the vet and is trying to figure out what they are going to do.
Even taking into account how any of her conditions (is that the right word?) may affect her emotions.
But a perfectly normal reaction/behaviour if you are a sociopath.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.