Jack Monroe #43 the devil('s herb) works hard but Jack works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to thread 43, can someone write a tldr? Thread title by @TriviaNewtonJohn

Can I also just ask memebers to stop doing a few things, I know some like it but others are complaining and we do our best to make the site run well for all.

Only post if it adds something to the thread, don't post "wow so many pages to read, will be back in a few hours!" As it compounds the issues. Also please don't "omg I just made chatty memeber *gif* *gif* *gif* " as it doesn't add anything and feels offtopic.

If you agree/ like with a post or want to give someon some love please use the reactions rather than quoting with just a couple of words that say the same thing.

Also please think twice before you gif as some people's devices are struggling with how many there are a page and it causes lots of excessive data usage for those not on WiFi.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start a general food and drink thread in offtopic to keep this one on topic?

Thanks all, it's tricky trying to please everyone but we try our best :)

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Wahoo!

Recap:
JM started beef with David Walliams despite being 90% vegan and Walliams completely ignoring her.
JM is adamant that one of the characters in one of his books is black (portrayed offensively) despite the publisher saying she's white and her receipts have darker lighting than ours.
JM is still being evasive about whether her kitten has gone to the vets.
There was some ambiguity about whether or not she likes coriander.
She's cut herself a fringe (or 'bangs') with the bit of hair at the front.
She's currently proving how working class she is despite liking posh sausages.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Pssst anyone else feel chastised? Was it Jackie that complained about the GIFs, because it takes so long to print out?

JM did a radio interview and allegedly criticised the government scheme just announced due to its name of “eat out to help out”, as she’s a lesbian

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Pssst anyone else feel chastised? Was it Jackie that complained about the GIFs, because it takes so long to print out?

JM did a radio interview and allegedly criticised the government scheme just announced due to its name of “eat out to help out”, as she’s a lesbian
Could you imagine her annoyance if Boris or trump made a joke like that. She been banging on about how inappropriate they are.

Reactions: 24
Could you imagine her annoyance if Boris or trump made a joke like that. She been banging on about how inappropriate they are.
Do you remember how mint she thought she was on DKL with all the sexual innuendos about food? I can't recall the specifics but she acted like a teenager who'd just been confronted with a particularly girthy banana on their lunch break.

And on Twitter she was all "I can't believe how naughty I am tee hee 😏🤪." Hun you spoke about sausages, calm down.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
@heretoreaditall2019 I'm so glad there's now three of us! I am not alone.

I know the sexual innuendos from her are meant to be jokes but they really skeeve me out. Glad I didn't watch her in DKL now, I'd be cringing inside out.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Do you remember how mint she thought she was on DKL with all the sexual innuendos about food? I can't recall the specifics but she acted like a teenager who'd just been confronted with a particularly girthy banana on their lunch break.

And on Twitter she was all "I can't believe how naughty I am tee hee 😏🤪." Hun you spoke about sausages, calm down.
Yes - I remember the ‘cheeky vegan sausage’ 🙄 everything was an innuendo and she giggled at very inappropriate moments, it came across very as very unprofessional. Of course I understand she was propbably giggling out of nervousness but it just made for such cringeworthy television.

Shivi, on the other hand, was just an utter delight! As was Nadiya 🥰

Reactions: 21
Christ on a bike, I made it!

She is a complete and utter WALLOPER! I have many misgivings about DW, but her revelling and frothing at the mouth over her "takedown" of him has been gross. Im so glad to see so many people commenting on twitter, FB etc to say how unpalatable she's been.

Wonder when we can expect her next "review".

Harking back feck knows how many threads, but regarding The Babysitters Club! As a child I wrote to the author as part of a lesson we were doing, and I always remember she was one of the only authors to reply personally to me. I was thrilled! I've a huge soft spot for those books to this day.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Many hugs to @MancBee - you are so brave and so wonderful. I know that just typing the words you have, here, will have helped somebody. Hugs also to @Chocolate girl and to everybody who had relatives make them feel like they weren't welcome or who delighted in continually picking up on so-called "imperfections". LOVE WILL WIN!

Jack's poverty olympics left a very bad taste in my mouth yesterday. Whoever said that it was OK for her to poke fun at poverty (apologues, I can't remember who it was) but not DW makes a great point. Even the punch-up punch-down defence won't work here. Jack is no longer in the poverty she likes to write about and yet many of her followers and readers are. How do they feel reading all of that when Jack has "made good" and yet they're still waiting?

Yours,

Round-face double chin, smelling very basically of Body Shop coconut mist

PS> I think my Vlad coin may be arriving soon as I keep getting ads for private helicopter charters *rubs hands*

ETA yes bloody please to Macron. The number of times he's done sly front-ups to Trump in his video addresses and speeches etc makes me feel shivery. He also maintains eye contact and that is very stirring. I imagine Kevin Bridges does the same! *off for a cool shower*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I don’t know if anyone has posted this link. Start at 38 minutes.
Mention of the pokey village again and poor choice of restaurants nearby .
Don’t get me started on the cringe-worthy pisstake of the slogan in front of the interviewer and a restaurant owner who has had to shut down her place for months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000kp9b

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Morning,

I struggled yesterday, as everything is catching up on me now - aftereffects of the plague, PsA flare, lack of sleep, not seeing another living, breathing soul for months, only having what's stocked in the nearest Coop for food, etc, etc.

Anyhow, I've just seen the cuntery about roast beef.

I have, and this is absolutely truthful, NEVER had a joint of roast beef. I've had some slices from a packet, I've had a tiny rolled thing the size of my hand between me & Mr D for our first Christmas together. But I have never had roast beef with a bone you can make into stock. Or a T Bone steak, or a Porterhouse, or anything other than what you can get for under a fiver in a supermarket to cover 2-4 people. As a kid, we had frozen chicken once a week. It was the cheapest, weighed about 3lb, between six people. And a half leg of lamb (frozen again) once a year, then a frozen Turkey at Christmas. I had never had scampi, my prawn cocktail was pieces of tomato in salad cream and tomato sauce, I'd never had fish other than crab or salmon paste or a boil in the bag Cod & Parsley Sauce with frozen peas if I was ill. I had eaten cockles and winkles.

The sheer spite in that comment as though it's simply inconceivable a person could never have had roast beef because of the price and they must be making it up is astonishing.

JM mentioned she liked the fact I did say the arthritis checks out back in thread #31. It does. I have no interest in making tit up, if something is probably true, I'll say it's possible.

Well, if you're reading here again, your comments ooze privilege in the way that Toby Young's do. Your privilege has oozed out all over your plate, over your table and is currently seeping into your parquet flooring. Best watch it doesn't damage your designer clothing.

Punching down on the very people you brand yourself as being, because you want your fellow blue tickers to know you're one of them, with your utterly middle class accent, sense of fashion, the brands you love, the people you crave recognition from, that you aren't really like those people who said they didn't even have roast beef! Oh, what a HOOT! They're so funny! pisses over the grave of every person who has died as a result of their benefits being stopped, you stick two fingers up and laugh in the face of every single parent who has no family to fall back on and every person living now who looks at the tins of corned beef in the shop and winces at the price before looking for something else more affordable.

You really are that posh mean girl in school, the one who would single out another child for not having the right coat, shoes, food in their lunchbox, the lunchbox itself, having to have free school dinners and draw attention to their inequality, their poverty, just to make the rest of your gang laugh.

Stay home, posh girl. Stay in your middleclass lane of malice and derision and eventual property inheritance and leave us council house scum alone. You can't appropriate our identity anymore than you can any other without your true, privileged and entitled self bleeding through.

By the way, face shape - cat. Scent - Psoriderm Coal Tar solution.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Does anybody know about Jack's publishing deal with Bluebird? It said it was a two-book deal, starting with the Vegan one. So, was the second one the Good Food, Bad Days book? Is there a way to find sales figures?

Reactions: 9
I don't really get her crusade against David Walliums tbh. I don't like him and his books don't seem that great (though I don't have kids so I haven't actually read them, just seen bits/screenshots of them) but her Twitter war against him isn't *just* a book review like she protests it is. A book review would be "I don't enjoy these books, I think there's some dubious content, I give it 1 star and wouldn't read again/let my kids read again". There's people on her Twitter saying he does coke and discussing his personal life! It's gone beyond a review of a book she doesn't like imo.

(Off topic so apologies but I'm sad we're not allowed to chat like before! I know I'm not a really active member lately and I haven't been around as long as some others but I enjoyed the community feel of everyone discussing JM but also having some off topic chats/supporting each other. Made it feel less like just another forum and more like an online community! Don't get me wrong though I'm not complaining about the admins decision! Just a shame, I'm still making my way through the backlog and I'm still loving all the chat about seeds and cookbooks! ☺)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It is hard when confronted with such terrible food concoctions not to want to right the wrongs and recommend something a bit more palatable!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
@heretoreaditall2019 I'm so glad there's now three of us! I am not alone.

I know the sexual innuendos from her are meant to be jokes but they really skeeve me out. Glad I didn't watch her in DKL now, I'd be cringing inside out.
hahaha, sex, hahaha. It's so funny. To be honest, that's probably the most MC thing she does. I'm not from the UK and the class system baffles me, even after god knows how many years, but one thing I've noticed that WC people and proper poshos seem to have fewer hangups talking about sex than the middle class and don't have the immediate urge to burst into laughter if confronted by 'a particularly girthy banana' (fav quote of the day).

Btw, I'm married to a middle-class man from a very working class area who can talk openly about sex without cringy innuendos, but only in a lowered voice and never without looking furtively around (yep, even if it's just us in our living room.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Can't please her at all

Reactions: 10
This is such a great thread title.

So, she seems to have just stopped talking about David Walliams now. She replied "Yep" to a tweet asking about the slag reference in Billionaire Boy but has seemingly quit the book reviews and campaign.
Is it another case of "Jacking it in" (Jeremy Corbyn gif where he looks to the camera) or has she been told by lawyers to leave it alone? 🤔

Off topic, @heretoreaditall2019 I am here for all the short men. Keir would still tower over me, I'm only 5ft 1 (I'm sure I used to be 5ft 2, what happened?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.