Jack Monroe #43 the devil('s herb) works hard but Jack works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's the unspoken feeling that if you mention s-e-x your mum is about to walk into the room with the local vicar, a group of wide eyed toddlers and your spinster aunt.
My mum was a former Wren with excellent gaydar (she used to buy the makeup for the blokes she worked with). My sailor dad was the one with the cringe!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I guess now's not the time to talk about how I'd probably bang Putin, huh...

*Sighs wistfully for simpler times, 2 hours ago, when we were getting told off, learning about the size of Starmer's head and not having to read 'I won't be crowdfunding at this point'*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Would a cat x-ray really cost £700 though or is she yet again exaggerating? Thankfully my lovely cat has never needed one but a quick google seems to suggest they don't tend to be over 300? I could be wrong though...
My mate was very recently quoted £800 for x-rays for her cat ...

I cant put into words what I think about Jack right now as I would probably get banned for the language!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My brother died last year after an accident. He could have potentially been kept alive for a while. But the entire, fucked up, abusive, gaslighting family ALL agreed that it was wrong to keep in a position where he could be in pain but not have any comprehension of what had happened to him. So they did all the tests for him to become an organ donor. We watched the last physical tests being carried out. And I sat with him until it was time and walked with him to the door of the theatre in the dead of night, probably as hopeful recipients were coming in another door.

I've held all my pets as they've been put to sleep.

In no case did I refuse to believe what was staring me in the face when I had been told by professionals what the reality was. I didn't go home and think it over, if it is time, if there is no hope or if the only future is one of pain, pain and more pain, if it is the right thing to do, it is not your feelings that matter. It is your responsibility to make the decision that is best for the patient, not yourself. And it hurts. It really bleeping hurts. BUT YOU STILL DO IT.

If you eat animals, you should be prepared to make a decision for the interests of an animal; after all, you make decisions for chickens and pigs and cows every time you buy something, you're just insulated from the reality of that decision unless you choose to be aware and take responsibility for it. Vegetarians and vegans understand this and make the decisions for both their pets and food. I make those decisions daily. You make those decisions about life and death for animals every time you take a medicine, wash your hair, get dressed or open a can of Felix.

If you can make the decision for a random pig to die for your nduja snack, you can make a decision to let that kitten be free of pain, suffering and fear. So bleeping make it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
She is giddy with attention. Ps i’m sorry if screenshots/pics take up bandwidth, admins.
I would argue they are an extremely necessary part of the JM threads and for that reason I am willing to give up the gifs

*insert Jack Black performing vigorous salute from School of Rock*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I can't believe that J thinks that a video of HER having fun with the kitten is any insight into the KITTEN'S pain levels or lack thereof. She apparently genuinely cannot seem to conceive that anything living thing other than herself might have sensations and feelings and needs and rights. That poor, poor kitten.
Feeling v triggered by J over this, and by J generally. A couple of people on other threads have mentioned how genuinely triggering she is and
@TheDragonWithAFlagon compared her to a mean girl at school, which is spot on imo. I think she's triggering because she's like a narc abuser, who will engage in constant and severe gaslighting, misdirection, creating huge dramas then seemingly forgetting about them, constantly and without warning changing standards of engagement, mood, boundaries etc. If you try and call them out, then you're the crazy one. It's exhausting and upsetting.

On a lighter note I have a question from another thread. What is the reference to rinsing beans and why does this link to being poor? Everyone has to rinse dried beans no matter how much money they have, no?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Would a cat x-ray really cost £700 though or is she yet again exaggerating? Thankfully my lovely cat has never needed one but a quick google seems to suggest they don't tend to be over 300? I could be wrong though...
If it included anaesthesia and potentially a blood test too then yeah, I can see it being that much.

ETA: So so many hugs for you @TheDragonWithAFlagon xxxx

Reactions: 12
My brother died last year after an accident. He could have potentially been kept alive for a while. But the entire, fucked up, abusive, gaslighting family ALL agreed that it was wrong to keep in a position where he could be in pain but not have any comprehension of what had happened to him. So they did all the tests for him to become an organ donor. We watched the last physical tests being carried out. And I sat with him until it was time and walked with him to the door of the theatre in the dead of night, probably as hopeful recipients were coming in another door.

I've held all my pets as they've been put to sleep.

In no case did I refuse to believe what was staring me in the face when I had been told by professionals what the reality was. I didn't go home and think it over, if it is time, if there is no hope or if the only future is one of pain, pain and more pain, if it is the right thing to do, it is not your feelings that matter. It is your responsibility to make the decision that is best for the patient, not yourself. And it hurts. It really bleeping hurts. BUT YOU STILL DO IT.

If you eat animals, you should be prepared to make a decision for the interests of an animal; after all, you make decisions for chickens and pigs and cows every time you buy something, you're just insulated from the reality of that decision unless you choose to be aware and take responsibility for it. Vegetarians and vegans understand this and make the decisions for both their pets and food. I make those decisions daily. You make those decisions about life and death for animals every time you take a medicine, wash your hair, get dressed or open a can of Felix.

If you can make the decision for a random pig to die for your nduja snack, you can make a decision to let that kitten be free of pain, suffering and fear. So bleeping make it.
Oh Dragon. ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So the David Walliams thing was pre-planned to ensure she'd get herself some publicity just before her kitten story, and then hopefully a place on the SuperVet TV show.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I can't believe that J thinks that a video of HER having fun with the kitten is any insight into the KITTEN'S pain levels or lack thereof. She apparently genuinely cannot seem to conceive that anything living thing other than herself might have sensations and feelings and needs and rights. That poor, poor kitten.
Feeling v triggered by J over this, and by J generally. A couple of people on other threads have mentioned how genuinely triggering she is and
@TheDragonWithAFlagon compared her to a mean girl at school, which is spot on imo. I think she's triggering because she's like a narc abuser, who will engage in constant and severe gaslighting, misdirection, creating huge dramas then seemingly forgetting about them, constantly and without warning changing standards of engagement, mood, boundaries etc. If you try and call them out, then you're the crazy one. It's exhausting and upsetting.

On a lighter note I have a question from another thread. What is the reference to rinsing beans and why does this link to being poor? Everyone has to rinse dried beans no matter how much money they have, no?
Not dried beans! She has recipes where she washes the tomato sauce off canned baked beans! And the sauce off spaghetti Hoops!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Sorry I'm going to stop posting after this because I need to step back from her tit!

Just want to point out how interesting it is that she's going into so much detail now after this vet's trip (1 of 3 in total right?) but before it wasn't anyones business because we spoil everything? :mad:

LIES LIES LIES!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
What a disgusting sick-hearted tit. Do the right thing, you hole. A black, twisted selfish heart ‘disguised’ under a mask of compassion and altruism.

I want to go back to the hazy days of last night and laughing about Keir Starmer looking like Woody.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
She really is addicted to twitter. I’m sure her ‘work’ is composing the blurb to the inevitable insta post which won’t have any paragraph breaks.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She'll bring snacks!! Oh duck that woman better quickly withdraw her offer.
It puts me in mind of the final episode of Friends where Monica makes food for everyone using what she has left in the cupboard after packing! "An oyster casserole with a breakfast cereal crust, kidney beans in their own juices, and one questionable orange."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.