Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Adayinthelife for the thread title! 🎉 and to @Walkdengirl and @Thank(space)you for the nomination. Your collective prize: a bottle each of Jack’s bubble bath (do not apply it to bare skin).

Recap of last thread

1. She’s telling her story AGAIN. This time in The House.
  2. Who’s that behind the door? Louisa Compton’s jacket in da bungalow.
  3. She cooked some jackfruit with some ‘sneaky greens’ dust. Beautiful. All washed down with bottled bin juice.
  4. The mystery of what was baking in the oven was finally revealed. Worth the wait, I’m sure you’ll agree.
  5. Hear ye, she’s renouncing the cooking bacon.
  6. She was angry, and also ‘fragile round the edges’.
  7. Come onnn, just cancel her already (since deleted).
  8. She also gave it some to a lesser followed viggle on the Linda McCartney Instagram page. Please leave her alone.
  9. But look, here’s dinner.
  10. New to Jack? Check out the wiki at the top of the page.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
Woo! My first thread title. I’m so honoured ☺(unfortunately have to share that with the dear viggle who coined it)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
That veggie bacon is for former meat eaters who miss the real stuff. It looks disgusting to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
At least veggie sausages kind of make sense because it’s the shape. I don’t get veggie bacon at all

Reactions: 26
The only problem with threatening libel is that it ain’t libel if it’s true... and the Viggles are only repeating what Jack said in posts on her social media and just because she’s now deleted many of them, doesn’t mean they weren’t posted, or that receipts aren’t out there.

If Jack were a sensible person, this would be a wake up call and going forward, she would not make the same mistakes again. However, back in reality Jack is... well... Jack I seriously doubt that any changes to her behaviour or social media use will be made.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I tried fake bacon in the 90s it was disgusting. I also tried fake chicken nuggets which were grim. Somebody did pass comment that perhaps because I hated bacon and chicken when I tried them, it would make sense that I would hate the fakes.🤷🏼‍♀️
Isn’t the hummus with meat on more of a Muslim thing and isn’t it ground lamb?
Like hummus with fake bacon is a new level of intersectional cultural appropriation my head hurts now. Bacon isn’t even taste the same it’s a very bacon flavour. Garlic bacon?
@waffle maker do you know what I mean about ground lamb hummus or am I imagining

Edit- made no bloody sense

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Congratulations to @Adayinthelife for the thread title! 🎉 and to @Walkdengirl and @Thank(space)you for the nomination. Your collective prize: a bottle each of Jack’s bubble bath (do not apply it to bare skin).
Congratulations all round! And brilliant recap as always @Pocahontas !

Jack’s “ongoing long term #ad partnership“ with Del Monte is getting to me.
I’ve got Man On The Moon by REM stuck in my head, but it‘s going “if you believe, they put a flan on the prune”. I’m sure this is NOT what Michael Stipe would have wanted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

Recap of last thread

1. She’s telling her story AGAIN. This time in The House.
  2. Who’s that behind the door? Louisa Compton’s jacket in da bungalow.
  3. She cooked some jackfruit with some ‘sneaky greens’ dust. Beautiful. All washed down with bottled bin juice.
  4. The mystery of what was baking in the oven was finally revealed. Worth the wait, I’m sure you’ll agree.
  5. Hear ye, she’s renouncing the cooking bacon.
  6. She was angry, and also ‘fragile round the edges’.
  7. Come onnn, just cancel her already (since deleted).
  8. She also gave it some to a lesser followed viggle on the Linda McCartney Instagram page. Please leave her alone.
  9. But look, here’s dinner.
  10. New to Jack! Check out the wiki at the top of the page.
I'm so happy this is the thread title. I regret to inform you that due to my SEVERELY OUCHY PSORIASIS which is worse than anyone else's, ever, I cannot partake in use of the prize. Instead, I will sell it along with my used light bulbs (lamps?!) to raise money for my forever home because I'm POOR.

*rattles tip jar*

Now duck off 🤍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
“Christ, cats on Eastenders. How long ago was that? Was that pre-pandemic? Feels like that long ago.”
Soz @Boyo I don’t know if cross posting is a thing but this was about the 95/96 season (not sure why I used a football analogy there) The Drama channel is showing 1996 episodes at the moment and Arthur has just died 😭

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I'm not even a vegetarian and I've had veggie bacon. that squiggle's just out to stir

• Heart
Reactions: 37
A reductarian?!!! Wtf??? Omg Jack is going to appropriate that now aren’t they?
(not a vegan, not veggie, am consciously trying to reduce meat consumption and eat more ‘ethically’, def not a reductarian)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The thing is, she's saying she can't please everyone, whilst at the same time now trying desperately to please vegans, with her recent rediscovery of 100% vegan ingredients. It's tragic and so transparent.

Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.