Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What would I have on my flaccid yorkshite pud?

Probably gravy to try and obscure the taste and consistency of a fucked up yorkshire.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She's on Instagram waxing lyrical about vegan bacon and how we all should try and make small changes in our diets for the greater good. She is driving me insane with her "look how good a 90% vegan I really am, it's only because I'm so ill I can't do this all the time". Desperately trying to get the viggles off her back. It's pathetic.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
she's also claiming SB was 'fooled' by it. what an absolute load of tit the poor kid eats pork products for breakfast lunch and dinner i think his tastebuds would probably notice the difference

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
Take some money out of your jumper budget babes - you can have all the vegan bacon you want!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Can't imagine the viggles are going to be happy that their reasonable complaints are suddenly being described as "weeks of outrageous abuse, publicly and privately, libel, defamation, shocking allegations, slander, harassment", great stuff Jack.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Thank to all who answered my question re the vaccine. I'm sorry you have to wait for yours @Icing _on_ the_cake, I am also asthmatic but would not class it as severe, I think it very much depends on your location. I was also thinking it's the one ailment I didn't see on Jack's list - until last night 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 25
😂😂😂, why’s she on the vegan bandwagon , she’ll never win the Viggles over.
if you want to strike the right balance perhaps start off by not buying crappy low welfare meat and then make a time machine, go back 6 months and don't torture a disabled kitten for twitter likes????

• Heart
Reactions: 71
The top tweet is infuriating. There are plenty of vegan (and otherwise) self-made food writers, youtubers, bloggers etc, who have experienced - and sometimes are still living in - actual poverty. Jack is not one of them.

They may not be well known, just known to their followers. The reason for this is that actual working class people lack the connections of middle class people, who are the ones in power (at publishing companies, media etc). And when they do make connections, the middle class people often don't trust them. Plus people who are actually poor have lots of real-life things to worry about and can't entirely focus on promoting themselves.

The reason why Jack is well known is because she didn't experience destitution, and because she is middle class.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.