Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so happy this is the thread title. I regret to inform you that due to my SEVERELY OUCHY PSORIASIS which is worse than anyone else's, ever, I cannot partake in use of the prize. Instead, I will sell it along with my used light bulbs (lamps?!) to raise money for my forever home because I'm POOR.

*rattles tip jar*

Now duck off 🤍

Argh - HELP!

Having a bastarding flare right now.

1. I've got lumps of scalp bringing out my hair in clumps. Gave up on T Gel and Alphosyl isn't doing it for me.

2. Flexural Psoriasis. In the WORST EVER places (you know where I mean), plus inside my ears, it's feeling red raw and like it's splitting. It's definitely not infected, as I've already done the Hibiscrub baths. I'm also reluctant to use up my last few drops of Dovobet on such areas due to the risk of thinning - and it's already going on the bog standard itchy, burning patches on my legs, feet, back, arms, etc.

Already on Cosentyx for the PsA; the hospital deals with joints and tendons, etc, not skin. And I haven't been able to get joy from a pharmacist, never mind through to the GP for the best part of a year now.

If I do by some miracle, manage to get through to the GP, what sort of things should I be asking about? They don't tend to offer if you don't ask.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
PSA: vegans are not contractually obliged to eat jackfruit or vegan cheese.
She is right to change her labelling to reductionism or whatever it is. I think there does need to be a distinction between actual vegans, who are doing it because we don't like eating animals and their by products, nor inflicting harm on animals, and the people who choose to have a more plant based lifestyle to help the environment and be healthier. The latter are the ones all the meat/dairy replacements are being aimed at, and there's nothing wrong with that. I know many people now who are meat eaters, but will have a couple of veggie days a week. Brilliant!

Jack, however, does not understand this. She doesn't want to be vegan or veggie in any way. She has sneered at the lifestyle choice for years. So this is why the backlash is baffling to her. So hopefully, her moving away from the vegan label is going to do her a favour.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Every time I begin to show the slightest crumb of sympathy for her, she knocks it out of the park with the lying, grifting and general high-school level nastiness, so after all I just end up disliking her more. No, Jack, you're not 'messy', nor are you a cute, innocent little pixie who ~makes mistakes, tee-hee~, you're an incompetent narcissist who only retains a fanbase because they're too delusional to do their research ...
/rant (sorry!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 57
She's tying herself up in knots trying to keep her fingers in all the delicious cash pies. She never ever needed to enter the Vegan cooking market, but guess what, there was money to be made

• Heart
Reactions: 57
She's tying herself up in knots trying to keep her fingers in all the delicious cash pies. She never ever needed to enter the Vegan cooking market, but guess what, there was money to be made
Exactly this. Add in the fact that she exists on twitter so is all about the instant, knee-jerk, crowd pleasing, rabble rousing, pile on inducing responses.

She does not think beyond the next dopamine hit and will get it by whatever means necessary.

This is why she is so superficial, incoherent and contradictory.

She has no depth whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Turn her off now 😂
Make peas not war, Jack.

For the prize winning frauen who are sadly unable to use their bubble bath, I’m afraid it’s non-returnable. I have heard it’s good for keeping weeds back and unblocking drains.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Not that I'd bother with a fake meat product (mainly because they take five times the work to make vaguely palatable compared to actual vegetables - the 2 hours of constantly meddling with Quorn Ragu to make it not taste of clinically depressed cotton wool swabs comes to mind here), but if I wanted something that was sweet, salty, crispy and savoury, I'd

Slice Aubergine lengthwise in 3mm/quarter inch slices.

Marinade it with a mixture of dark soy and standard soy, a tiny amount of smoked paprika and chipotle and some brown sugar mixed with avocado oil (as the smell of that is incredibly close to that of bacon) and then cook under a grill or medium-high pan on one side until crispy.

Put slices in a crusty roll (none of that crappy softy softy soft soft white bread shite she keeps going on about) with ketchup/chilli sauce, sliced tomato and some lettuce and possibly avocado slices if I felt like it.
Place your bets as to how long it is before mackie steals this, or parts thereof

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Even more proof she doesn't know her vegan Mediterranean arse from her vegan elbow: the vegan Mexicana is dreadful. It's passable in its solid state but when it's melted it's like liquid plastic and goes glutinous and sticky, immediately ruining the texture of anything you add it to.

I also couldn't let her wish for a 'tell-all six fig book deal' go unheeded.

six fig book deal.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 132
Exactly! This is why it’s all so wild. She chose to take a paid partnership, and couldn’t even be bothered to even pretend to be vegan for a month. Not saying that would have been a good idea, but it just shows how arrogant she is that she thought suddenly saying too much about veganism too late would be enough.

ETA. Forgot to add my point, which is that somehow she’s become victim in this, then you remember she’s howling and clawing over a job that she happily accepted and would have been well paid for.

I have a feeling she might try to say something to try and guilt trip us more. I hope I‘m wrong, but she’s lashing out everywhere. If she dials up the pity party, everyone just remember your reasons to not feel sorry for her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
just putting this here for my own peace of mind, if nothing else cos its getting too confusing

"chemical flavour bacon" squiggle is different to "my dear lady" (🤢) squiggle.

and, it was indeed vegan mexicana cheese in tonight's tea

20210214_224437.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Exactly this. Add in the fact that she exists on twitter so is all about the instant, knee-jerk, crowd pleasing, rabble rousing, pile on inducing responses.

She does not think beyond the next dopamine hit and will get it by whatever means necessary.

This is why she is so superficial, incoherent and contradictory.

She has no depth whatsoever.
Depth of a saucer

• Haha
In about a week it will be apparent what set her off today.
We have not had a good narc khaos in a week or two. When is full moon?

ETA- can’t wait til she deploys the Coop

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.