Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That jumper was revolting when Diana wore it and its appearance hasn’t been improved by time.

Not only is Jack a begging charlatan she also has appalling style.
She doesn't have a style. She plays dressy up all the time. On Monday she's a lumberjack, Tuesday she's a 50's homemaker, Wednesday a butch leather dyke, Thursday Mary Poppins, Friday a Slone Ranger, Saturday a preteen boy, Sunday a mumsy 40 something. Then the week starts all over with another set of dress up clothes.

She has no idea who she is, and she therefore hasn't ever found a style she is comfortable with. She has no sense of self.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
My husband had the telly on last night, and THAT MAN was cooking along with Mary Berry - and it was very sweet. He showed much warmth and reverence, somehow without becoming a nervous wreck. This is exactly why he doesn’t need to ‘have a bit of a break from TV stuff’ because he’s so good at it. It was a lovely bit of heartwarming telly, with added bonus of fond nostalgia. Jack could neverrrrrr 👊🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 48
When I embarked on my current career, I had it in my head that the day I secured my first proper contract I’d treat myself to a Bella Freud jumper. They’re stupidly expensive, and it became this symbol to me. I ended up buying one off eBay (meant the same) and still have it now.
❤

I did this but with an All Saints Leather jacket. I've had it 5 years and it's still wearing well. There's nothing wrong with spending money on things but I've never seen anyone whinge about not having enough whilst still spending so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
If the Diana jumper is a replica/fake wouldn't the manufacturer of the original like to know where she's buying the knock off tit?
It’s funny how she tried rallying the troops to fund the arts by subscribing to the Telegraph but it’s absolutely fine to rip off a designer...?! It makes my heart hurt thinking of how many low income people will be donating to her and she’s buying this stuff with it, the list is never ending and it just keeps getting worse.

I don’t want to sound pompous but as someone who loves clothes I don’t get the gifting thing at all... She’s claimed to be such a connoisseur she’s holding key pieces as investment vehicles, obvs this is a lie but it’s a myth she still perpetuates, so who is buying her anything?? I’m v precious about this stuff (have a literal Apple Note target list, don’t want to buy new as it’s badly made, hate “it” bags or hype shoes, etc etc) so my husband knows to check with me first. I don’t know any woman who would happily have someone spend £300 on an item that they weren’t in active pursuit of?!

Sorry for the long comment and sorry to try and make sense of Jackie this far into it all 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 47
If the Diana jumper is a replica/fake wouldn't the manufacturer of the original like to know where she's buying the knock off tit?
Buying fake/replica stuff is seriously dodgy. At the very least, the original designer misses out. At the worst end of it, you have people in literal slavery sewing Channel and Proda handbags, and drug cartels have been found to profit from designer fakes. The profits from fakes have also been shown to fund terrorist activity. This isn't be being some raging conspiracy loon. Its been well documented and reported on in the Guardian etc.

But in her mind I guess it's just tee hee funny sheep jumper. Little smol pixie like Princess Di. She probably cares as much about people in slavery as she does about the welfare of the pigs used to make bollock sausages.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I don’t want to sound pompous but as someone who loves clothes I don’t get the gifting thing at all... She’s claimed to be such a connoisseur she’s holding key pieces as investment vehicles, obvs this is a lie but it’s a myth she still perpetuates, so who is buying her anything??
didn't she say that when she had a big new job, she treated herself to some Burberry / Viv / whatever? Maybe she bought this one when she secured the Del Monte / Linda collabs?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She doesn't have a style. She plays dressy up all the time. On Monday she's a lumberjack, Tuesday she's a 50's homemaker, Wednesday a butch leather dyke, Thursday Mary Poppins, Friday a Slone Ranger, Saturday a preteen boy, Sunday a mumsy 40 something. Then the week starts all over with another set of dress up clothes.

She has no idea who she is, and she therefore hasn't ever found a style she is comfortable with. She has no sense of self.
So true. There are many people who may have a style that's not to my personal taste, but because it's their actual style, I like it. It's them. With her, everything but the double denim seems like dress up.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
didn't she say that when she had a big new job, she treated herself to some Burberry / Viv / whatever? Maybe she bought this one when she secured the Del Monte / Linda collabs?
Agreed completely it’s clearly that, and Patreon pays the fixed outgoings. She’s vile, weird vicars wife looking 👹

As @Begborrowsteal said she’s in for a nasty surprise when she buys her house and realises how much it all costs 😂 The only thing I think you could get done for £250 would be a day of a handyman’s time (with a bit of change). Imagine the clawing, howling, and guttural wailing to the heavens when she finds out how much her dream kitchen is gonna be 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I don’t want to sound pompous but as someone who loves clothes I don’t get the gifting thing at all... She’s claimed to be such a connoisseur she’s holding key pieces as investment vehicles, obvs this is a lie but it’s a myth she still perpetuates, so who is buying her anything?? I’m v precious about this stuff (have a literal Apple Note target list, don’t want to buy new as it’s badly made, hate “it” bags or hype shoes, etc etc) so my husband knows to check with me first. I don’t know any woman who would happily have someone spend £300 on an item that they weren’t in active pursuit of?!
Louisa. I think whenever they row and Jack guilts her, the end result is her buying Jack a gift. I don’t think Jack is a connoisseur either so the gift is just whatever she’s see most recently and wanted (see impulsive - imagine getting a dyson hairdryer with hair her length, what a waste).

The same when she finally achieves something, I bet she’s all “oh now I can afford to buy that £69 Next Jumper I’ve been hankering after, if only I could afford the £250 sheep one” and her girlfriends are daft enough to fall for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Yes i agree i think she is a chameleon and changes herself to fit in with whatever enviroment she finds herself in?
She just plays a part?
All the worlds a stage....and all the men and women merely players?
No wonder she comes across as theatrical even fake?
She does not understand that if she does not know who she is, but just tries on different persona, that in itself is unstable and dare i say it not very reliable or trustworthy?

I'm quite into tarot cards and i swear everytime i see her i'm reminded of the fool card?

Its not necessarily a bad thing (hey i'm an aquarius sign myself!) but she shows the worst side of it?
Flaky impetuous reckless harphazard lots of scattered energy (air sign) but living in her head (so crafty and self serving?)
This is all just conjecture but thats how i see her? 🤷‍♀️
Plus she definitely lives in a fool's paradise?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The article has been posted and I lasted a paragraph and almost replied on Twitter so I had to close it. Me me me me me me me. Usual tit.

I am going to say it. Starving your son when your parents would have helped you out is child abuse. Plain and simple. If this actually happened.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 81
It’s funny how she tried rallying the troops to fund the arts by subscribing to the Telegraph but it’s absolutely fine to rip off a designer...?! It makes my heart hurt thinking of how many low income people will be donating to her and she’s buying this stuff with it, the list is never ending and it just keeps getting worse.

Sorry for the long comment and sorry to try and make sense of Jackie this far into it all 😂
Never apologise for your posts! I always enjoy reading your insights. None of this would be so confusing if she’d just said, “oh thanks, I treated myself to it”, and left it at that.
I don’t think the jumper is a knockoff/fake though, I think when she said replica it was meant in the same way as replica football shirts, which are official, and just a replica of the original design. <insert “who bleeping knows“ pic here though>

• Heart
Reactions: 37
So true. There are many people who may have a style that's not to my personal taste, but because it's their actual style, I like it. It's them. With her, everything but the double denim seems like dress up.
The double denim thing seems a bit dress up too. She makes such a song and dance about, as if wearing double denim is something really radical. I think she only does it because double denim is so divisive, and we all know how how Jack loves to divide opinion.

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.