Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not the whole point though: there is very much an undercurrent of calling Claire a dick, evil and a bigot, simply because those commenting do not agree with all of her beliefs.
I'm with you. Her position on certain issues is not illegitimate. And as for evil. We do need to keep a bit of perspective.

Mod edit: All, this is where we draw the line on this conversation before it veers into an off topic argument.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Again not squiggling for similar reasons, but Jack's most recent faved tweet is verging on self-awareness:

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 14.17.11.png

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I thought ads on Instagram need to be obvious? Not #ad plonked on the end of a load of waffle. Also, of course Mel Donte pipped the rest to the post... it’s their advert 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Let me know what you would have on yours.

Have on your what?
You're right it's a yorkshire pud!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If I served my partner that for dessert he would leave me immediately. On Valentine’s Day of all days.

obviously if I was doing a del Monte collab I would do something luxurious.
Fruit fondue with chocolate sauce or salted caramel
Tarte tatin
Actually show the lemonade peach syrup thing as a mocktail- this could be both visually pleasing and avoid food waste.

But no, jack is just throwing a tin of fruit cocktail into a shite Yorkshire pudding thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
A bowl of beans, huge carrot chunks and jackfruit sprinkled with salad dust for dinner and a flat yorkshire pudding filled with canned fruit cocktail for dessert. Just normal professional food writer things.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
So she’s dollopped a load of tinned fruit on something. The something looks like some kind of dry batter, which has split, but she doesn’t tell us what it is. There’s also no recipe.
WTF is the point?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Wouldn’t you serve that with custard or ice cream or something? She’s not pretending to be vegan so on a pavlova? A pear tarte tatin or Eve’s pudding, grilled peach halves with mascarpone and honey and nuts? Literally anything else? Even her tit trifle was better than that.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Wouldn’t you serve that with custard or ice cream or something? She’s not pretending to be vegan so on a pavlova? A pear tarte tatin or Eve’s pudding, grilled peach halves with mascarpone and honey and nuts? Literally anything else? Even her tit trifle was better than that.
Yes! Zhuzh it up just a little, Jack, ffs!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
On insta stories, Jack's saying she's giving up the cooking bacon she was so zealous about for so long, and changing to some vegan bacon. She's shilling for one particular brand because she's suddenly rediscovered her 'morals'. Too little, too late for Linda McCartney (RIP in peace).

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 14.51.08.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.