Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going back to something I wrote yesterday because I was not happy with my wording and it was hard to describe. I'm worried it might have seemed offensive.

Let's make an inventory of every display of narcissistic grandiosity in that article:

1. "I first spoke in Parliament of my own experiences of poverty in modern Britain eight years ago, first to Iain Duncan Smith, and then to Frank Field and Baroness Jenkin."
  2. "Far more comforting for some to believe that I, in my 2012 iteration as a single mother on benefits, tattooed, gay, and unemployed, was feckless, workshy, grabby and irresponsible, rather than unlucky." (included because of the list of her oppression points, and because she thinks she's THAT important that people care about her in that way)
  3. "Nine years on, I have pulled myself up by my metaphorical bootstraps."
  4. "A self-employed business woman, photographer, author, recipe developer and consultant, writer, columnist and presenter, I juggle as many hats as I need to keep the bailiffs from the door. "
  5. "But I’m quite literally one in a million."
  6. "Of the approximately 4.1 million children currently living in poverty in the UK, not many of them will end up sitting in the green rooms of television studios giggling with Sir Mo Farah"
  7. "while their parent tackles the rise in food bank use on a bright red breakfast sofa."
  8. "It’s a life of two halves, presenting awards at the Groucho Club on a Saturday night,"
  9. "and volunteering at the local food bank that I quite literally owe my life to on a Sunday morning"
  10. "One foot in the revolving door of Portcullis House"
  11. "in endless beseeching meetings with various earnest Members of the Opposition,"
  12. "I’d challenge anyone to walk everywhere, in your only pair of flappy broken boots (...)" (rendition of The Poverty follows. The boast is that she's just so hard done by, she'd challenge ANYONE to survive what she did. She is the toughest and poorest girl of all)
  13. "just because Mummy and Daddy are still married"
  14. "or you went to a grammar school" (this and #13 are subtle, sneering boasts of her middle-class background)
  15. "Hundreds of teachers have written to tell me of the snacks they keep in their desk drawer"
  16. "In 2011, I was preparing to transfer from the Fire Control Room to the fireground."
  17. "I could bench press my own body weight."
  18. "I ran half marathons."
  19. "Went to the gym at 6am before work, and after dinner for good measure."
  20. "Did the bleep test on my lunch break for fun."
  21. "Kept a dumbbell under my desk to casually work out with in quiet periods,"
  22. "and did the ironing sitting on a massive yoga ball."
  23. "I’d be fine, I’ve always worked, I’ll find a new job easy." (this is a quote from someone else but is included because she clearly believed it)
  24. "(no longer) proud to have served in Essex County Fire And Rescue Service."

For #2, by oppression points, I mean that she is listing all of these characteristics as though they make her special and as though anyone actually cares. It brings to mind her rebuttal to Richard Littlejohn, when she remarked that he didn't mention her being lesbian. It was as though she WANTED him to have said it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I can only imagine this outburst has occurred due to outside influences - Linda M giving feedback?
Something‘s definitely happened behind the scenes hasn’t it. I think it could be something from LM, but there’s so many other options too, Mel Donte, her publishers, etc, etc.
Nice to see the smol robots read here! 👋 Hi guys! As you can see, we’re all big fans of your work 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Nobody on here is angry. We're sad that so many fall for *gestures broadly* this.......and are conned out of money but that's it.

We're quite a jolly bunch really. But again, she's deliberately accusing vegan instagrammers, plus Tattle plus whoever else of everything under the sun.

Rinse those beans and repeat 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I reverse image searched this and its a photo pulled from something called MOB kitchen. It's not her own photo.

Edit: I do apologise, I'm on a grunk and a couple of people have already mentioned this.
Mob Kitchen are aware.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Viggle storm incoming...

Something‘s definitely happened behind the scenes hasn’t it. I think it could be something from LM, but there’s so many other options too, Mel Donte, her publishers, etc, etc.
Nice to see the smol robots read here! 👋 Hi guys! As you can see, we’re all big fans of your work 🥰
There's something going on. All of this 90% display is not for the viggles, but to disprove the viggle's complaints to Linda McCartney.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
She’s replied to one of the viggle posts on LM’s Instagram
How professional of her, I'm sure the people behind the LMcC social media will be THRILLED to have her reigniting this after things had calmed down for them (somewhat).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
It’s really cheap to eat vegan if you eat what vegan cultures have eaten for hundreds of years. Plenty of junk/ processed food is already vegan- I’ve been following the angry viggle and her diet is very very kid friendly and easy, if not especially healthy (she’s not claiming to be). Meat substitute processed foods are expensive, often a lot more than the meat version (LM sausage roll vs pork sausage roll). Jack speaks such bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.