Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wildly successful according to who? You, AGAIN.

Nobody cares it's vegan. You burned that bridge and covered it in cheap bacon bits hun.

This is really really sad now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
The first one she may as well be saying 'Look I've got black friends so I must be part of BLM'
ffs. She's been promising for nearly a year to 'hand over my SM to BAME chefs and writers' when this is clearly bullshit.
Someone has had a word with her...

Reactions: 29
I read that spice tin as "Glove Salt"...no doubt made from one of our dear departed feathery chums

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
So she attempts to give her book a plug then says sod that lets do something totally different? Not exactly selling GFFBD is it?

Is there much nutritional value or point in her sneaky greens approach? Lettuce and gone off salad being turned into dust 🙄
Sneaky greens looks like grass clippings, raked up after mowing. (No Jack, don't feed your son grass)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ferran Adrià and Heston Blumenthal have never experimented with dried yellow sticker lettuce powder for a reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
"I was in hospital with a suspected heart attack. Chronic sinusitis and a recurrence of my childhood asthma followed – not helped by the draughty, damp, flats that my paltry housing benefit stretched to. My arthritis made itself known at the tender age of 25. I’m on anti-anxiety medication, beta blockers, antidepressants, steroids for the arthritis, and sleeping pills.

I don’t run any more. I’d fail the fire service assessments these days, a liability with my walking stick and inability to pick myself off the floor if I crouch down in the supermarket to get the cheap tomatoes from the bottom shelf."

A few things notable here. Have chronic sinusitis, suspected heart attack, and asthma been added to her ailments list?

I grunka'ed thread #31 a day or two ago, and saw she made a claim of her son having to help her up off of the supermarket floor, due to her (claimed) arthritis. Here she just HAD to add in that she was making a beeline for the cheap tomatoes. She just cannot resist the poverty pleading, even after 9 years of fame and fortune - and mere paragraphs after boasting of her success.

Her claims of needing a walking stick are at odds with her jumping around the studio in DKL, and with her lies about kicking the shins of random men.
Omg the first part I thought u had written as a parody !!! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
In the Owen Jones podcast she says her and her best mate would go to the food bank with their kids and hide the boxes from the food bank in their prams with a baby blanket or something over it to cover it up. So people both did and did not know about it. Schrodinger's Jack strikes again!

She could also absolutely not ever even once bench press her own bodyweight as fellow forensic powerlifting friend @discokebab will attest. If she did I want to see evidence of it, after which I will retire Slopbot, delete all the photos I've saved for making stupid photoshops of her stupid face and write a song about how impressively strong she is. I will also get the train to Southend and personally leave a medal carved out of butter on her doorstep.
but why would a 3 year old without special needs be in a pram? Why did the food come on boxes, surely supermarket bags would have been better?

Reactions: 33
People are, of course, entitled to their beliefs. She may believe brown sloppy food is the best; I do not.

Please forensic fraus, google dehydrated lettuce and chard powder nutrition? Lettuce is basically water and chlorophyl.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
"I was in hospital with a suspected heart attack. Chronic sinusitis and a recurrence of my childhood asthma followed – not helped by the draughty, damp, flats that my paltry housing benefit stretched to. My arthritis made itself known at the tender age of 25. I’m on anti-anxiety medication, beta blockers, antidepressants, steroids for the arthritis, and sleeping pills.

I don’t run any more. I’d fail the fire service assessments these days, a liability with my walking stick and inability to pick myself off the floor if I crouch down in the supermarket to get the cheap tomatoes from the bottom shelf."

A few things notable here. Have chronic sinusitis, suspected heart attack, and asthma been added to her ailments list?

I grunka'ed thread #31 a day or two ago, and saw she made a claim of her son having to help her up off of the supermarket floor, due to her (claimed) arthritis. Here she just HAD to add in that she was making a beeline for the cheap tomatoes. She just cannot resist the poverty pleading, even after 9 years of fame and fortune - and mere paragraphs after boasting of her success.

Her claims of needing a walking stick are at odds with her jumping around the studio in DKL, and with her lies about kicking the shins of random men.
Her walking stick claims are also at odds with her pretend trips (x2) to Asda every Sunday carrying her yellow sticker food in a rucksack 😡

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
As soon as I saw grains of paradise I thought she was all up in Zoe’s Ghana kitchen niche.
Nigella passed the mic to Zoe on her Instagram to widen the audience for black voices which is when I started following her, no doubt Jack was wild with jealousy (about Nigella not me)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
but why would a 3 year old without special needs be in a pram? Why did the food come on boxes, surely supermarket bags would have been better?
3 year olds get tired and also when you have your hands full doing things it’s sometimes easier to strap them in. Baby kicked my 3 year old out of the pram so she had to go cold turkey so that’s one bit she might not have lied about.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Fraus and Herren who have had the jab already, did any of you ask which vaccine you were given? I'm not bothered which one I get but I am just genuinely nosey.
They tell you after they go through all the questions, and before you get the needle. I had the Astra Zenica Oxford one, it isn't a choice though.

I agree with others that the atmosphere was one of elation, happiness and of relief. The volunteers both outside in the cold, and those assisting inside were exceptional. The vaccine centre I went to was in an area with a high BAME population and I was so pleased to see that the BAME community were there as both volunteers and patients.

It gave me a feeling of hope for the future, something that I haven't had for some time. Not a silver bullet, but at least hope that everything will improve.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
3 year olds get tired and also when you have your hands full doing things it’s sometimes easier to strap them in. Baby kicked my 3 year old out of the pram so she had to go cold turkey so that’s one bit she might not have lied about.
I can also see her preferring a pram because she’s BUSY and 3 year olds like to meander.

And to be slightly fair to her (I shudder) it appears to be genuinely true she can’t drive so for shopping a pram would be useful and much easier and safer than corralling a 3 year old with hands full of bags.

Reactions: 29
Long time lurker, first time poster. I follow several food gurus (and Jack) on Insta and just gasped when I saw her latest story- this section being incredibly similar to one posted by an expert 19 hours earlier. The difference being that the expert has finally chopped onions, celery, carrots slowly softening while Jack is frantically, wildly, pounding away at veg that had barely seen the sharp end of a knife:

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.