Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
IMG_20201222_131132.jpg

Okay lads, I'm going in.

Consulting the recipe, I have laid out my bread slices and chosen not to butter them a) to avoid sloppiness (!!) and b) because what do you think I am, the trillionaire daughter of a baron? No butter for me, thankspaceyou.

IMG_20201222_131314.jpg

This is the yield from two stale leftover mince pies. In a rare miracle for a JM recipe, sloppy is not the right word, but I have my instructions and must maraud onwards.

IMG_20201222_131527.jpg

I'm using some extra mature cheddar because it's what I have in and because all cheese is the same anyway.

IMG_20201222_131645.jpg

I don't own a toastie maker and my grill is currently out of service, so I'm doing this the American grilled cheese way (maverick, y'all).

Jack's instructions don't mention buttering the outside (butter? on a toastie?), just oiling the toastie maker if that's what you're using, so I've just thrown a bit of sunflower oil into the pan.

IMG_20201222_132026.jpg

It actually looks pretty nice! Maybe it won't be so bad?

... Fraus, it's appalling. The mince pie taste hits you first, which is momentarily quite appealing, but then the shock of the cheese rolls through you like that saliva-y wetness in the mouth you get just before you vomit.

It's somehow both too dry for a toastie and distressingly squishy with hot fruit. I managed two bites before I threw it away and then immediately took out the bin because I didn't want to look at it and be reminded.

I have since eaten a normal toastie (buttery and delicious), but a ghostly mouthfeel is lingering.

I dedicate this abomination to you all. 💖

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 151

MancBee

VIP Member
I've been lurking rather than contributing, heavy cloud looming and all that. You lot have helped keep my spirits where they should be, thank you all for that. You should be prescribed by the lady doctor, (along with red lipstick obvs) because you are doing as much for me as the little blue pills. 🤗🤗🤗

I am doing ok, but yesterdays announcement floored me. Manchester has been in various stages of lockdown since March, except for a few weeks in July. I am reaching my limit.

Jack's antics have given me anger and humour (thanks to you lot) in equal measure. To quote my mum, God rest her, "that Jack, she's a one". Well my mum never said Jack as she never heard of her, but you know what I mean.

Just posting this for any parents with young children to entertain before Christmas. 'Where's Wally' with a dash of 'I Saw What You Did' thrown in. 👀

Kirsty Strickland on Twitter: "i’d like to see the working behind this tbh https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter

Noticed that there is a bee at ten o'clock, just to say it isn't me. I don't do Twitter.

I am pretty certain Kirsty reads here, along with quite a few other journalists. Keep up the pressure Kirsty.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 106

Ellabella

VIP Member
I don't know about you, but whenever I'm feeling "gruesome" there's nothing I like to do more than portion out several kilos of raw fish into individual freezer bags.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 92

Pocahontas

VIP Member
  1. ‘Laying about sick’, there was a brief introduction to Toothbrush Jack.
  2. Despite spending three days in a ‘slightly hallucinogenic fever’, she rallied and posted individual recipes for that dreaded Christmas dinner. ‘For you.’
  3. It’s amazing what someone in bed with covid and a ‘temperature fluctuating between 103 and 106’ can do.
  4. That hallowed moment arrived. The results of @Switchstreetz ’s Sloppies were announced. Nice work, Switch. Expect a bunch of shop-soiled celery to arrive sometime after Christmas.
  5. She asked for guidance in shared parenting agreements in Tier 4.
  6. ‘So who wants a one-tray Christmas menu for one or two people then?’ No-one, Jack.
  7. But she was ‘just trying to be helpful’. Nope. Still no-one.
  8. ‘Me again.’ Please engage with me, I have the corona.
  9. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88

Emmapism

VIP Member
So do we reckon that Louisa is the one who tested positive but then JM couldn't let her have anything and had to invent her own horrible case of Corona? Because reader, I do.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85

discokebab

Sorry, on Das Grunk, but I've come from the past to say the Sloppies were magnificent, and as a Foodbank Volunteer Frau I just wanted to say a wholehearted thankSPACEyou for the donations. Cash donations help us pay for fuel for the vans, can enable us to buy in bulk stuff people don't donate and all sorts of other odds and sods. One happy lil Frau.

Also this is a small hill to die on but JM listed a mandarin cheesecake from Iceland in her Covid Nostalgia Haze. Worked at Iceland for 10 years, we never sold one. Closest was a clementine cheesecake sold only at Christmas around the 2013 mark. Through the year we generally only sold three kinds of cheesecake - strawberry, a foresty-fruits type one and a millionaire one. I'm boring myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
To avoid confusion, Mel Donte® (the number one fruit tin for Vladimir Putin) sponsor Slopbot and manufacture Melicious™ tinned fruit products. Del Monte sponsor Jack who is malicious. I hope this helps.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

ReginaPhalangee

VIP Member
Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve to you all. Have been trying to catch up so was grateful for a few slow thread days. I’ve been (like a lot of people I’m sure) teetering between the excitement of Christmas as I have little ones so want it to be magical, and also feeling like I may burst into tears at any moment because our families are all in another country and my (dear) heart misses them so much. But everything is covered in snow today and more is currently falling so I’m choosing to take that as Christmas magic.
I’m rambling (sorry) but just wanted to send huge love and hugs to all you bullying ninnies. I’m so glad I joined this site as the humour and kindness on these threads have been such a lovely distraction this year, especially when its all got a bit much and I’ve needed to be reminded of perspective and to appreciate what I do have. I can’t wait to see what the next 120+ threads bring and although we are strangers it doesn’t always feel that way.
Now the emotional dump is out the way, you can all fuck off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
I just re-read my favourite moment of the year. Thanks to @kachoochoo for the screenshots.

For anyone who missed it the first time round:

17th September 2020: The Accidental For Sale Sign.

Screenshot_20200917-140405_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200917-140412_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200917-140418_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200917-140430_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200917-140450_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200917-140459_Twitter.jpg

😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 81

FlashBoof

VIP Member
I have tried so so hard not to play the blame game with COVID spread because it does seem a bit pointless, after all, there are always going to be stupid people that don’t care about others but today has really REALLY set me back. Jack and her “Bubble Buddy” swanning around without a care and both are clearly of higher than average intelligence. God knows how many people down there with it now.

I am/was supposed to be having a family Christmas here and then departing to pastures anew on the 28th Dec. I have bought a property and, quite literally spent the last year planning meticulously (even around this fucking godawful virus) to base myself financially and physically in the EU. The only reason it has taken a year and didn’t happen in the summer is because of this virus. If I am not in my country of choice by the 31st, I am screwed in just about every way you can possibly be.

I can’t even think about that pair of self centred, selfish cunts and all their ilk, that have managed to turn us into the pariahs of the world, without wanting to do serious harm. Yes, I know it’s not Jack and Louisa’s fault exactly but I am guessing you can all imagine how I am feeling about them right now. I despise the Fox bloke, and the rest of the anti mask wankers but if you ask me, little miss colour coded chart and the actual head of C4 news are worse. Playing lip service to responsibility whilst flouting at the merest whiff of an excuse.

PS - Does anyone have a boat for hire that can get me out of here before the 31st? You can just drop me off on the European mainland coastline somewhere and I will make it worth your while! 😔😤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 81

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
So sorry you are bored out of your tree Jack.

I imagine the NHS workers in overloaded hospitals would like to be bored out of their tree.

I imagine school leaders planning for testing centres would like to be bored out of their tree.

I imagine supermarket workers and delivery drivers, rushed off their feet would like to be bored out of their tree.

Don’t worry though. Knit another beige square. Look at sponserbot. Post some shit. Feel loved.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 80

MancBee

VIP Member
That is £30 worth of reusable bags in that photo. She says this is only half the delivery, so £60 of food bags....so poor.

She said she found it on her doorstep while she was doing her "daily furtive sweep of parcels on her doorstep".
Firstly, who does a daily sweep of parcels off the doorstep?
Secondly, why doesn't the post/delivery person ring her bell, or knock?
Thirdly, why did she not answer the door when the delivery arrived? She is still isolating so is at home.
Fourthly, why would the delivery person leave a parcel full of perishable food on the doorstep?
Fifthly, If a box was left on the doorstep in my neighbourhood, it would be stolen. She lives in an upmarket area for sure.
Sixthly, why have I spent more that 5 minutes thinking about this performative lie.

She was at home to receive the parcel, no furtive (why?) sweeping of the step, no "finding a box" no universe doing nice things, just payment in kind and should be declared as taxable gifts.

She is on Twitter asking for recipe suggestions, she is a food writer, surely it should be the other way around (though I dread to think what she would come up with)

She said she is going to give some to her relatively rich parents. Well what a lovely gesture, shame it isn't donated to people who can not afford food, not gifted to her wealthy relatives. After all, she won't eat it, what with her being 90% vegan and all. Though I would suggest she just donates it as is, not messed about in some diabolical slop.

ETA, oh my God, I have just seen the toes in the photo of fish bags, which were obviously on the floor to be photographed. How hygenic is it to put food on the floor just to take a picture of it. The toes are disgusting, there is no need for them to look like that, no need at all.

Sorry for long post, but needed to get it off my chest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Guys in answer to the question....has she gone viral yet?

I actually have today on TikTok 😱 13.5k likes and nearly 70,000 views on a TikTok I made about Taylor Swift. Even little me who isn’t in the slightest famous went viral before Jack ever did 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
I love it every time those piano vids come up, particularly the draping herself over the piano which she clearly thinks is some sort of poignant display of artistry. Her hands are so shaky as well, she looks like she might actually be three snakes in disguise just learning to co-ordinate a human body. It's a lovely vintage of fermented cringe. Delicious.

• Haha
Reactions: 77