Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AAF50705-5C22-47D8-A991-C8AA52EFFC4C.jpeg

Ok, so 10 days from today is 2nd Jan. Nice of the squiggles to set her up for the next (pre-move/prevent-move) maelstrom of imagined symptoms early in the New Year. 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
As my learned frauen have said, she must have been expecting this ‘surprise’ fish delivery.

Who would just abandon perishable food items in a porch on the off chance that the recipient would be in. I know she’s publicised her ‘rona journey isolation hell (*dry-heave 🤢) but she might not have been there.

My BS detection doth twichen.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Well it’s finally happened...😆 (apologies if this has been mentioned already, I’m a few pages behind)

6F43DF08-60E5-41B4-B21B-7E8B80F49C72.png
73B959A6-85C0-40F2-9480-AF6B072D01D0.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
This woman was not as terribly ill as she proclaimed earlier this week, if she was there’s no way in hell she’d be able to anticipate the arrival of the fish, arrange the photo shoot and post .

She’s a liar and gives no fucks when goodies appear at her door

• Angry
Reactions: 59
But what was this about? Is she referring to SB as her housemate here?!

Hoping for a chaos tbh. We're isolating until we hear results from our childcare bubble's covid test that he had this morning and I need entertainment.
Could it be that Louisa WAS’NT the BB/housemate after all?!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
That is £30 worth of reusable bags in that photo. She says this is only half the delivery, so £60 of food bags....so poor.

She said she found it on her doorstep while she was doing her "daily furtive sweep of parcels on her doorstep".
Firstly, who does a daily sweep of parcels off the doorstep?
Secondly, why doesn't the post/delivery person ring her bell, or knock?
Thirdly, why did she not answer the door when the delivery arrived? She is still isolating so is at home.
Fourthly, why would the delivery person leave a parcel full of perishable food on the doorstep?
Fifthly, If a box was left on the doorstep in my neighbourhood, it would be stolen. She lives in an upmarket area for sure.
Sixthly, why have I spent more that 5 minutes thinking about this performative lie.

She was at home to receive the parcel, no furtive (why?) sweeping of the step, no "finding a box" no universe doing nice things, just payment in kind and should be declared as taxable gifts.

She is on Twitter asking for recipe suggestions, she is a food writer, surely it should be the other way around (though I dread to think what she would come up with)

She said she is going to give some to her relatively rich parents. Well what a lovely gesture, shame it isn't donated to people who can not afford food, not gifted to her wealthy relatives. After all, she won't eat it, what with her being 90% vegan and all. Though I would suggest she just donates it as is, not messed about in some diabolical slop.

ETA, oh my God, I have just seen the toes in the photo of fish bags, which were obviously on the floor to be photographed. How hygenic is it to put food on the floor just to take a picture of it. The toes are disgusting, there is no need for them to look like that, no need at all.

Sorry for long post, but needed to get it off my chest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
Could it be that Louisa WAS’NT the BB/housemate after all?!
Louisa Compton is definitely the housemate.

Name behind mask.
Cycling to the house (public Strava).
Vegetarian.
Doesn't cook.
Cycling leggings seen in one photo.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I've come to cook with you again.

( To the tune of The sound of silence).
Pillowy eggs need softly beating
And anchoïade they'll soon be meeting
Bunged in a curry, in a crappy bungalow
In Smeg they go
It was the slop...of southend

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Normally i would agree but i do find it quite interesting to hear people's covid experiences as they are all quite different!

i find it interesting that jack is trivialising it by only calling it the 'rona (so annoying, plz stop). It's almost as if she can't bring herself to type covid-19 as it sounds so serious and she's lying.
Great to read this as this was exactly my (forensic) analysis. She, who exaggerates everything would have jumped at spelling it all out to underline the seriousness. Why the thermometer pic but no test result pic?
Also humour and hence a playful 'rona is not her forte...so..I don't buy it!!!

Reactions: 21
On a catch up. What a waste of beautiful fish! The scallops in particular. Oh I'm retching thinking what she'll do to them. Somebody hold me 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
On a catch up. What a waste of beautiful fish! The scallops in particular. Oh I'm retching thinking what she'll do to them. Somebody hold me 😭
I’m the same. The sea bass, the scallops - they died in vain!

Won’t begrudge her the kippers though - the smell of kippers cooking lingers for ages. She’ll have to light a #grifted Jo Malone candle to get rid if the whiff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
By the way - the #YesWeCAN hashtag is a failure. As predicted, it is widely used on posts about American politics, but also on everything from food deliveries to the conflict in Western Sahara.

Do we think Jack/Del Monte realise that hashtags are not case-sensitive?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Thoughts and prayers to all of you affected by the fate of the scallops. They’re up there with Terry and Viv now, they don’t know what torture she’s going to inflict on them. They’re at peace 🙏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Thoughts and prayers to all of you affected by the fate of the scallops. They’re up there with Terry and Viv now, they don’t know what torture she’s going to inflict on them. They’re at peace 🙏🏻
We all know they are going to end up mixed in with some kind of tinned fruit. #prayforthescallops

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
That is £30 worth of reusable bags in that photo. She says this is only half the delivery, so £60 of food bags....so poor.

She said she found it on her doorstep while she was doing her "daily furtive sweep of parcels on her doorstep".
Firstly, who does a daily sweep of parcels off the doorstep?
Secondly, why doesn't the post/delivery person ring her bell, or knock?
Thirdly, why did she not answer the door when the delivery arrived? She is still isolating so is at home.
Fourthly, why would the delivery person leave a parcel full of perishable food on the doorstep?
Fifthly, If a box was left on the doorstep in my neighbourhood, it would be stolen. She lives in an upmarket area for sure.
Sixthly, why have I spent more that 5 minutes thinking about this performative lie.

She was at home to receive the parcel, no furtive (why?) sweeping of the step, no "finding a box" no universe doing nice things, just payment in kind and should be declared as taxable gifts.

She is on Twitter asking for recipe suggestions, she is a food writer, surely it should be the other way around (though I dread to think what she would come up with)

She said she is going to give some to her relatively rich parents. Well what a lovely gesture, shame it isn't donated to people who can not afford food, not gifted to her wealthy relatives. After all, she won't eat it, what with her being 90% vegan and all. Though I would suggest she just donates it as is, not messed about in some diabolical slop.

ETA, oh my God, I have just seen the toes in the photo of fish bags, which were obviously on the floor to be photographed. How hygenic is it to put food on the floor just to take a picture of it. The toes are disgusting, there is no need for them to look like that, no need at all.

Sorry for long post, but needed to get it off my chest.
She’s standing on a chair, a Sherlock of a tattler mentioned it upthread .

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.