Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not even an ickle tiny smol pixie sized one
They literally show him flicking through his GQ interview
#thread title Not even an ickle tiny smol pixie sized one

Nooo, nothing good for her, it would just make for cringe conversations at Del Monte and/or their ad agency tbh. <Triangulation emoji I can never find> but in my younger years I had an awful job at one of the big ad agencies & would do these things, there was always one massive lump of tit you had to try and cover up, tattle will be hers šŸ˜‚

This however is assuming anyone at Del Monte is capable of basic campaign measurement, which guessing by their choice in ambassador is..... very wishful thinking....

Sorry this is probably a really boring answer lol and only my experience in media & fashion but honestly itā€™s because marketing teams still largely operate in a silo from commercial & data teams? And where theyā€™re ā€œinvesting in dataā€ itā€™s bare bones & overstretched supporting huge commercial decisions rather than small campaign level stuff, which whilst sheā€™s probably getting paid Ā£x0,000s is a drop in the ocean for Del Monteā€™s total marketing spend. And then wrt to social data you either need to buy licenses to expensive products that can do this work for you (you then need analysts or marketeers au fait with this, who are more expensive) or a super expensive analyst who knows Python themselves but is limited to a sample of last 3k tweets. Most big legacy brands are not truly about that data life so will waste a fortune on influencer marketing this way šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Marketing fraus are better placed to spill this tea tho x

ETA; duck sorry this combined into a mega boring comment šŸ˜“
Not boring at all, so if I understand this correctly if we keep mentioning del Monte, they will search for mentions, and it will highlight tattle and they will all go šŸ™€šŸ˜±

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
THAT MAN brought me here all those months ago.

I briefly followed Jack for around a month beforehand, and I remember unfollowing as the constant tweets were too much for me (and Iā€™ve never unfollowed someone for that). Anyway, when the THAT MAN thing came up, I was wondering why when reading the replies I was the only person who thought it was out of line and that she was behaving like a spoiled child. And discovered the LimeGoss article, and here we are today.

Whenever I see my profile picture and the original black eye one, I cant help but laugh. Letā€™s not forget despite being immunocompromised she still went to hospital for an MRI scan and live tweeted it to try and somehow prove it was real. Funny sheā€™s never done it with her covid test and thatā€™s how I know she doesnā€™t have it - sheā€™d be bouncing off the walls with 3k likes and comments for a positive corona result tweet.

The funniest by far was the black eye/Edwina letter (does anyone have that for me to read again?), but by far the most sinister and disturbing was the poor kitten.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I know it's probably not her biggest moment but i hated her pile on on DW. It was totally unwarranted she just wanted to jump on a bandwagon and she wasnt even correct in her assumption. The bloke was dealing with some real tit due to some poorly thought out stuff he did in his past. You'd think she empathise... Nope she decided to be horrible.

Ps I am not even a DW fan. I just really felt for the bloke.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Doing a Jack Monroe (is paid to promote Del Monte) and forgotten how to google so Iā€™ll just ask ask the Internet....
Am sure I recall reading something she had written about buying SBā€™s Xmas presents from the charity shop one year when he was still quite little. I think it was something like a cowboy hat and a puzzle. She said he would get lots of other gifts from family. I think I thought she was a bit bonkers and tit with money. Not sure why that came back to me today.

Exactly this. Sheā€™s a Jack campaigner.
She does Jack

Reactions: 19
I still remember her asking for advice on cutting her brotherā€™s hair during lockdown and then going tonto because people had the audacity to suggest that it wasnā€™t really in the spirit of remaining isolated at home. Surprising, really, considering sheā€™s ā€œpractically ~neurotic~ā€œ about it.
Lol when she tried to slither out of the awkward spot she'd put herself in by angrily claiming that she hadn't said she was going to do it NOW! Despite a few replies earlier to someone she'd said it'll be fine, they'll "mask up and do it in the garden". What a tool šŸ˜‚.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I've only just shown mr kcc her xmas dinner.

(I know I mention him quite a bit, but rest assured I'm not in France and I'm not racist. although he is a bit of an old boy šŸ„“)

anyhoo, he said it doesn't look that bad, so I'm launching him out of the window.

this was even after I'd told him "it's blended raw onion and that carrot is at a right angle!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Doing a Jack Monroe (is paid to promote Del Monte) and forgotten how to google so Iā€™ll just ask ask the Internet....
Am sure I recall reading something she had written about buying SBā€™s Xmas presents from the charity shop one year when he was still quite little. I think it was something like a cowboy hat and a puzzle. She said he would get lots of other gifts from family. I think I thought she was a bit bonkers and tit with money. Not sure why that came back to me today.

She does Jack
...you missed out the ā€˜allā€™ at the end of that sentence, dear Frau šŸ˜‰

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I've only just shown mr kcc her xmas dinner.

(I know I mention him quite a bit, but rest assured I'm not in France and I'm not racist. although he is a bit of an old boy šŸ„“)

anyhoo, he said it doesn't look that bad, so I'm launching him out of the window.

this was even after I'd told him "it's blended raw onion and that carrot is at a right angle!"
We had a laugh about this with the kids. Eldest teen declared ā€˜it all looks titā€™. Middle child (v into cooking, loves baking, Nadia, Nikki Lily and THAT MAN) was bemused by the random pairing of grapefruit and prawns, and ickle smol lil one said ā€˜why is there a picture of a horse poo in custard, Daddy?ā€™ before proceeding to laugh so hard they farted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I know it's probably not her biggest moment but i hated her pile on on DW. It was totally unwarranted she just wanted to jump on a bandwagon and she wasnt even correct in her assumption. The bloke was dealing with some real tit due to some poorly thought out stuff he did in his past. You'd think she empathise... Nope she decided to be horrible.

Ps I am not even a DW fan. I just really felt for the bloke.
This is Jack all over it's never about the issues she says it's about. It's about finding excuses to go after individuals and getting pile ons going.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I explained the Xmas menu to my husband who's cooking and he went all quiet. Not sure he's ready to tackle it.

There's always next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
To avoid confusion, Mel DonteĀ® (the number one fruit tin for Vladimir Putin) sponsor Slopbot and manufacture Meliciousā„¢ tinned fruit products. Del Monte sponsor Jack who is malicious. I hope this helps.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Going to the supermarket is a whole new experience as I now always have a look at Del Monte and without fail always have a supressed laughter and giggle about Mel Donte. But it has not made me buy their stuff. Sorry but not sorry, too expensive.
Itā€™s too funny when youā€™re reminded of these threads in real life. I had a similar suppressed laughter moment when Eamonn Holmes came up in conversation with a friend!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Itā€™s too funny when youā€™re reminded of these threads in real life. I had a similar suppressed laughter moment when Eamonn Holmes came up in conversation with a friend!
I think of ā€˜Easter Island Eamonnā€™ whenever I see him now.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I explained the Xmas menu to my husband who's cooking and he went all quiet. Not sure he's ready to tackle it.

There's always next year.
There might not be next year, if you cook that Xmas menu this year šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.