Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s like Beetlejuice
But you only have to type Jack Monroe once on Twitter and she appears

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I don't know about you, but whenever I'm feeling "gruesome" there's nothing I like to do more than portion out several kilos of raw fish into individual freezer bags.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 92
That is £30 worth of reusable bags in that photo. She says this is only half the delivery, so £60 of food bags....so poor.

She said she found it on her doorstep while she was doing her "daily furtive sweep of parcels on her doorstep".
Firstly, who does a daily sweep of parcels off the doorstep?
Secondly, why doesn't the post/delivery person ring her bell, or knock?
Thirdly, why did she not answer the door when the delivery arrived? She is still isolating so is at home.
Fourthly, why would the delivery person leave a parcel full of perishable food on the doorstep?
Fifthly, If a box was left on the doorstep in my neighbourhood, it would be stolen. She lives in an upmarket area for sure.
Sixthly, why have I spent more that 5 minutes thinking about this performative lie.

She was at home to receive the parcel, no furtive (why?) sweeping of the step, no "finding a box" no universe doing nice things, just payment in kind and should be declared as taxable gifts.

She is on Twitter asking for recipe suggestions, she is a food writer, surely it should be the other way around (though I dread to think what she would come up with)

She said she is going to give some to her relatively rich parents. Well what a lovely gesture, shame it isn't donated to people who can not afford food, not gifted to her wealthy relatives. After all, she won't eat it, what with her being 90% vegan and all. Though I would suggest she just donates it as is, not messed about in some diabolical slop.

ETA, oh my God, I have just seen the toes in the photo of fish bags, which were obviously on the floor to be photographed. How hygenic is it to put food on the floor just to take a picture of it. The toes are disgusting, there is no need for them to look like that, no need at all.

Sorry for long post, but needed to get it off my chest.
She will have been told it was coming, it will have been packed in woolcool insulation (like hello fresh or gousto use) so will keep cool for many hours.

I've no idea why she's asking for recipes, she has enough recipe books to get inspiration from.

Reactions: 29
Do you think the fish table is going to be printed as postcards (either sans feet or with)? (Not saying they will actually be sent out to her Patreons, that's a whole other step)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Another bit of irony is her making a show of caring about plastics, while enjoying a bumper haul of fish. Does she not know that 8% of the plastics in the oceans come from lost fishing equipment?

Surely you wouldn’t send fresh/frozen food unsolicited, you would inform the recipient, or it might sit on the doorstep for days
There's no way she didn't know this fish was coming ahead of time. Jack might be oblivious to food hygiene but others are not, and definitely not fish companies. Fish go off very, very quickly, they actually go off before they start to smell, making you very ill if you eat it. I dread to think how long it would have took her to bag them up and take pictures of them arranged on the floor.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I just read Louisa’s account. For covid I actually really like that people share what they’ve gone through. This doesn’t seem like attention seeking at all and honestly she really doesn’t seem the type.

Poor lady had some really scary moments it sounds like. A far cry from you know who.

I hope she’s over the worst of it. Though she wasn’t hospitalized, it sounds brutal and scary.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Maybe, they have a surplus due to the sudden closure of pubs, restaurants etc? 🤔 and she has a huge following
Looks like it's mostly day boat fish. So that would have been landed in the early hours of yesterday morning, then processed, packed and sent out - suppliers/markets get them the same day, mail order clients get them the following day. However, depending upon which supplier she used (probably the one in Thorpe Bay), they most likely dropped them round direct rather than by courier, thus giving her time to put a swift Prime order in for all the silicon food bags.

Most of the fish she's got is very delicate, absolutely destroyed in terms of texture and taste by being shoved into domestic freezers, but when it's that fresh, all you need do with it is grill it lightly. No need (although I'm sure she will) to stew it for a few days from frozen with any random spices and a tin of Del Monte fruit to hide the taste. Well, the ones she doesn't just feed to the cat, at any rate.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Just read Louisa's Covid thread, it sounds like she probably chose to stay in her own flat after she decided she had a cold to be on the safe side. Obvs Jack got daily updates because Louisa wasn't there and she likes control and then used those updates (temp at 104 etc) to craft her own "Rona" narrative.

We all know Jackie was just home alone, bored with her child and needed a new drama.

Reactions: 44
I don't know about you, but whenever I'm feeling "gruesome" there's nothing I like to do more than portion out several kilos of raw fish into individual freezer bags.
Me too. And also just like Jack, whenever I'm suffering with a SEVERE migraine I like to have my picture taken whilst lounging in bed with a beatific smile on my face. Certainly not lie in a completely dark and silent room for an entire day while wishing for the sweet embrace of sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Please don't kick me out of the canal (I changed my username, I'm not a new convert) but I actually did find Jack's "so do I" response mildly amusing. I like self depreciating humour

I'll duck off now x
So did I. Off to throw myself at the mercy of the Brambly mice.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.