Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's quiet because she's almost certainly on another sock account.

Marcus has a documentary tonight. She won't be able to help herself and will be tweeting all night.

Reactions: 37
This isn’t just Rona. It’s MUTANT Rona.

And I do hope the silence is because she is resting in bed to give herself the best chance of recovery. The cynical part of me knows as well as she does that there’s nothing like a couple of days of no posts (after some snarking) to throw the squiggles into a frenzy of worry.
Came here to write exactly that!! The totally planned radio silence to worry the squiggles and also us, that we will feel bad for doubting her. Sounds cruel? Ah well, too many lies before..sorry for the suspicious mind on my side...

I will NOT watch her singing, I am not bloody Simon Cowell (triangle) and I am here for the food and the £20 sh(l)op.

Disclaimer: If she is genuinely unwell, I wish her a fast ans full recovery but there has beem too much tweeting for someone with such a high temperature. She seemed to have got much more done compared to pre-'rona. The mind boggles.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She's very quiet - probably triangulating us 😄 but hopefully just chilling and resting up if she actually does have covid.

I shouldn't joke or I'm gonna give us nightmares about her turning up at our door on Xmas day to forcibly bubble us into the crappy bungalow and make us eat poor Terry. 🤣

(Be like that clockwork orange scene... "food alright? TRY THE KOMBUCHA" )

Trying to decide if it's weird that serial oversharer JM didn't post anything celebrating BBs birthday, or if it's a sign of progress and not compulsively blurting out everything online...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
She's quiet because she's almost certainly on another sock account.

Marcus has a documentary tonight. She won't be able to help herself and will be tweeting all night.
Sock account? Surely not!?

Will have a look tonight. You’re right, she won’t be able to resist bigging up her contribution to MR’s FareShare campaign.

Reactions: 21
I amusing myself with the thought that she actually has a 'mutant' strain of the virus and one of the side effects of it will be to cure her of everything else she claims to have.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
That is the wrong recipe!!!! We know that the only right recipe is the Salad Bag Pesto where you waste a bag of nuts (expensive) to not let go of cheap salad that has gone nearly off.
You forgot to add, 'while you feed the fresh salad and veg from the Oddbox to the rabbit..'

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I've been lurking rather than contributing, heavy cloud looming and all that. You lot have helped keep my spirits where they should be, thank you all for that. You should be prescribed by the lady doctor, (along with red lipstick obvs) because you are doing as much for me as the little blue pills. 🤗🤗🤗

I am doing ok, but yesterdays announcement floored me. Manchester has been in various stages of lockdown since March, except for a few weeks in July. I am reaching my limit.

Jack's antics have given me anger and humour (thanks to you lot) in equal measure. To quote my mum, God rest her, "that Jack, she's a one". Well my mum never said Jack as she never heard of her, but you know what I mean.

Noticed that there is a bee at ten o'clock, just to say it isn't me. I don't do Twitter.

I am pretty certain Kirsty reads here, along with quite a few other journalists. Keep up the pressure Kirsty.
Sending you lots of love Manc ❤ We had a bombshell in Scotland too and it’s left me with a lot of fear and uncertainty and those particular beauties were delivered by that pesky black dog.

I’m at work today and have stopped for my (non-sloppy) lunch and a browse of my favourite thread and it’s cheered me up so I hope it works for you too. You’re my favourite Mancunian (you don’t win all the awards Marcus 😉) and I hope you feel better soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 59
She’s going to be like a pig in tit on Twitter later when news filters through about Asda having bags of potatoes and other vegetables for 20p.

Anyone who dares bring Aldi or Lidl into the equation are going to have this fact thrown right back in their pretty little faces. I’m surprised she’s not tweet vomiting it right this second.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Quick hello to say I luffs you all and missed you over the weekend, especially what seems to be the “inaugural” Sloppies. I’ve been grunkaing and reading. Looking forward to seeing the Sloppies on the laptop in full- saving it as a “treat” for after completing some dull chores.
Much love to those having a visit from the dark dog. I’ve had a curveball this weekend with the plans changing. I’m disappointed but coping. I know for a lot of people it’s much worse than that and will really affect them as they were so looking forward to something nice, and spending time with loved ones. If nothing else, hopefully we can offer a few laughs and hoots for you here.
I just nipped out for a few bits from Mr T’s and bought quite a lot as the fresh veg was so cheap and appealing. Not a googly eye or a golden cast of lard juice in sight!
Edit 🥕 my old friend

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I just re-read my favourite moment of the year. Thanks to @kachoochoo for the screenshots.

For anyone who missed it the first time round:

17th September 2020: The Accidental For Sale Sign.

Screenshot_20200917-140405_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200917-140412_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200917-140418_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200917-140430_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200917-140450_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200917-140459_Twitter.jpg

😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 81
I don’t think I can remember the last time this thread was so slow. Very grateful though as have been catching up on the jolly coronavirus thread after Saturdays announcement! Hope you’re all well fraus and using your downtime to crucify sausages, blend slop and force feed the vegans vegetable peelings

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.