Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack has liked this. That would make me believe that people HAVE said she’s difficult to work with.

4AD50F1F-048F-4BDE-AC6A-FDF86EF00149.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Was just thinking about the Del Monte Fareshare donation and how it's actually really tasteless and actually disgusting of her to profit from her association with food poverty campaigning by linking it to her paid job flogging expensive tinned fruit on behalf of a huge multinational corporation.

What a sell-out.

And burying #ad in a reply to a tweet thread so it loses prominence. Just pathetic.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Why would you strategically place a toy in a cats paws for Twitter likes? She’s slumped to new depths for a few dopamine hits tonight.

Never mind, a famous blue ticker like Sara Cox tweeting her is going to put her on a Twitter high, cumulating in a bleeping massive comedown.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I've just found a couple of stale mince pies under a bunch of other things in a cupboard. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I might try the mince pie cheese toasties for lunch tomorrow.
Truly, no other set of threads has the power to make me so question whether I've strayed through the fabric of some dreadful alternate reality

• Haha
Reactions: 38
So sorry you are bored out of your tree Jack.

I imagine the NHS workers in overloaded hospitals would like to be bored out of their tree.

I imagine school leaders planning for testing centres would like to be bored out of their tree.

I imagine supermarket workers and delivery drivers, rushed off their feet would like to be bored out of their tree.

Don’t worry though. Knit another beige square. Look at sponserbot. Post some tit. Feel loved.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 80
It’s great that Del Monte have donated tins of fruit to fareshare just as Dover becomes gridlocked and the news highlights we import 70% of our citrus fruit. I’m not sure whether they’re maverick marketing mavens or oblivious.

Reactions: 25
I have tried so so hard not to play the blame game with COVID spread because it does seem a bit pointless, after all, there are always going to be stupid people that don’t care about others but today has really REALLY set me back. Jack and her “Bubble Buddy” swanning around without a care and both are clearly of higher than average intelligence. God knows how many people down there with it now.

I am/was supposed to be having a family Christmas here and then departing to pastures anew on the 28th Dec. I have bought a property and, quite literally spent the last year planning meticulously (even around this bleeping godawful virus) to base myself financially and physically in the EU. The only reason it has taken a year and didn’t happen in the summer is because of this virus. If I am not in my country of choice by the 31st, I am screwed in just about every way you can possibly be.

I can’t even think about that pair of self centred, selfish cunts and all their ilk, that have managed to turn us into the pariahs of the world, without wanting to do serious harm. Yes, I know it’s not Jack and Louisa’s fault exactly but I am guessing you can all imagine how I am feeling about them right now. I despise the Fox bloke, and the rest of the anti mask wankers but if you ask me, little miss colour coded chart and the actual head of C4 news are worse. Playing lip service to responsibility whilst flouting at the merest whiff of an excuse.

PS - Does anyone have a boat for hire that can get me out of here before the 31st? You can just drop me off on the European mainland coastline somewhere and I will make it worth your while! 😔😤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 81
Has she fallen out with Marcus then? She hasn't acknowledged him at all this evening.

ETA: I was wrong. She's liked one of his tweets.

She's also liked tweets about SAD and unmedicated ADHD :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
View attachment 356011
It’s the bags having pockets advice all over again.
I’m pretty sure when this person says “keeping under foil” they don’t mean in the fridge...... which to be fair I have done over the years, however to just say this this fine when there is a risk of food poisoning from a “food expert” is slightly irresponsible!

Reactions: 38
It’s too funny when you’re reminded of these threads in real life. I had a similar suppressed laughter moment when Eamonn Holmes came up in conversation with a friend!
And it doesn't stop there! For a bloody foreigner and non-native speaker like me who last lived in the UK about in the year 1890, the whole Unabridged Cambridge Coven Dictionary is one slippery slope. I am constantly in danger of using its terminology in phone and written conversations with British friends. Some work but if you tell someone you are "on a grunka" meaning you have been trying to catch up reading something, people might be a bit irritated.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Jack has liked this. That would make me believe that people HAVE said she’s difficult to work with.

View attachment 355957
If there is one thing we can be certain of beyond any shred of doubt, it's that Jack is difficult to work with and this has been commented on. What you see on screen is bad enough, God knows what it takes to actually drag her to that point. She's never prepared, leaves the other presenter(s) to do all the work, there's a illness/ouchy the night before every single time and everything she serves up looks bleeping horrible. If she was coming up with decent food or good advice, her lack of skill in other areas might be forgivable but she offers nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.