Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this is the wrong thread, but I don’t want to jump on the F&D one to ask a question; only to disappear again, as I can’t keep track of both...

Can someone who makes fantastic Yorkies PLEASE give me their recipe? Everything I’ve tried turns out really really stodgy. Last attempt, weighing eggs and using same of flour and milk were like muffins (our foxes ate them, after a quick game of kicky-pudding). Mary Berry has so many eggs I know it will be a disaster. Jamie’s didn’t work either. Yes, I AM the common denominator.
Thankspaceyou.
This never fails me. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/best-yorkshire-puddings

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wonder if SB's Dad became single around about the same time a certain someone was asking about a 10 year age gap between siblings iykwim....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I know this is the wrong thread, but I don’t want to jump on the F&D one to ask a question; only to disappear again, as I can’t keep track of both...

Can someone who makes fantastic Yorkies PLEASE give me their recipe? Everything I’ve tried turns out really really stodgy. Last attempt, weighing eggs and using same of flour and milk were like muffins (our foxes ate them, after a quick game of kicky-pudding). Mary Berry has so many eggs I know it will be a disaster. Jamie’s didn’t work either. Yes, I AM the common denominator.
Thankspaceyou.
Jack hasn’t got Covid, just to keep on topic.

How I make Yorkshire puddings:
Get a teacup to measure ingredients, and a Pyrex jug if you have (easier to pour batter), then equal amounts flour, eggs and whole milk into your jug with generous pinch of salt and black pepper. Whisk. Leave.
Put a teaspoon of goose fat into each hole of a twelve hole muffin tin/tray thingy. Put it in at 220. When the fat is spitting like a mofo, grab the tray out of quickly, pour over, go go go! Don’t worry about bits going onto the tray edges etc because doing perfect ladle fills will lose you heat, and they’ll puff up and connect together anyway so no worries. You pour like you’re Jackson Pollock on acid and sling them back in the oven at lighting speed. Do not open the door again until they’ve been puffed up in there for ages. Also the oven door makes everything look darker and browner so don’t be tempted to get them out until they’ve been in the same shape for a good ten minutes plus. 🧑‍🍳😘
ETA when I’m saying equal amounts I mean equal in the cup. So level with top of the cup for each of eggs, flour and milk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Marvellous, will give them a go tomorrow

Or this is supposed to be good if you want to ruin your life https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2019/11/07/perfect-yorkshire-pudding-recipe/
... and duck right off;):love:

Edit: also thank you @PoorPatrol - I’m obviously doing something wrong with that method - might be my dodgy oven’s not quite hot enough (hotter than 190 though!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh she is just the worst. I take it BB isn't there otherwise they surely would have taken the phone from her by now?

Didn’t she say something like “the adults in the house” on like, Tuesday? BB better not have moved between houses with Covid!

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Why are her followers paging the Long Covid Twitter.. she's had it less than a week ffs 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Do we reckon she actually really all on her own? I hope she’s not alone with SB, and it would explain the manic tweeting...

Ha, she’s going to have to eat her own Christmas cooking!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m not getting as much attention from the blue tickers with my covid lie, so lets throw in the arthritis I don’t have, those suckers will HAVE to give me lots of attention and dopamine hits. Don’t you know i singlehandedly saved Christmas 2020 with my £23 dinner?!

Oh and for engagement I can reply and tell everyone I’ve tried it. no squiggle will ever defeat me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.