Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t you mean.... I KNOW that was the award he was getting, I was part of the committee in the background that chose him, don’t tell me what I meant, thankyou!
She reminds me of Peppa pig as in she is the precocious child that most adults unrelated to them happily wave them off when it's time to go home. She's always done it, knows it, been there, seen it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Brilliant that she has already completed in a week Covid and leveled up to long Covid.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yeah, I was going to ask, at what stage does 'normal' COVID become long COVID? People were recommending long COVID resources to her, like, the day after she'd tested positive.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
She's managed to sit on her hands for a full day. We now await the dramatic posts about how terribly terribly ill she's been while simultaneously putting together some horrific Christmas dinner for 2 people. Saint Jack, single handedly saving Christmas 🙏

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Yeah, I was going to ask, at what stage does 'normal' COVID become long COVID? People were recommending long COVID resources to her, like, the day after she's tested positive.
That's because with the amount she was tweeting it felt like she had had it for 4 months already (also, followers online, not just JM's, will say anything as a way to relate to people online. If a Z-list celebrity posts about their pet lizard, guaranteed one of their followers will give them some recommendations for guinea pig toys)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I don’t think she will be able to sit on her hands today given the news.

Cue politico Jack.

With long covid.

Cooking a one tray Christmas dinner.

With a temperature equal to that of one thousand suns.

And a floof sitting on her knee.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
She's managed to sit on her hands for a full day. We now await the dramatic posts about how terribly terribly ill she's been while simultaneously putting together some horrific Christmas dinner for 2 people. Saint Jack, single handedly saving Christmas 🙏
You say she's managed to sit on her hands for a day, but we all know she's been playing with 🧦 👀.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
People who catch COVID and tweet about it got loads of followers earlier in the year. Jack missed her chance really though as we all know someone whose had it now. I’m sure she will start mentioning she has the new strain though, to stay relevant.
This isn’t just Rona. It’s MUTANT Rona.

And I do hope the silence is because she is resting in bed to give herself the best chance of recovery. The cynical part of me knows as well as she does that there’s nothing like a couple of days of no posts (after some snarking) to throw the squiggles into a frenzy of worry.

Reactions: 22
It's like a storm building, the Twister is going backwards, ready to be unleashed with more tweets/chaos nonsense than ever

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Why would you get a piano in a rented house? They’re a pain to move.
Child plays well and we just have a weighted electronic one, does the job admirably.

Reactions: 27
I've been lurking rather than contributing, heavy cloud looming and all that. You lot have helped keep my spirits where they should be, thank you all for that. You should be prescribed by the lady doctor, (along with red lipstick obvs) because you are doing as much for me as the little blue pills. 🤗🤗🤗

I am doing ok, but yesterdays announcement floored me. Manchester has been in various stages of lockdown since March, except for a few weeks in July. I am reaching my limit.

Jack's antics have given me anger and humour (thanks to you lot) in equal measure. To quote my mum, God rest her, "that Jack, she's a one". Well my mum never said Jack as she never heard of her, but you know what I mean.

Just posting this for any parents with young children to entertain before Christmas. 'Where's Wally' with a dash of 'I Saw What You Did' thrown in. 👀

Kirsty Strickland on Twitter: "i’d like to see the working behind this tbh https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter

Noticed that there is a bee at ten o'clock, just to say it isn't me. I don't do Twitter.

I am pretty certain Kirsty reads here, along with quite a few other journalists. Keep up the pressure Kirsty.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 106
I really hope she is taking time out to get better. That or BB has confiscated her devices to prevent the manic tweeting.

Suspect that she has SEVERE ‘rona innit meaning she’s consulting some of the many healthcare professionals she has on speed dial.

Reactions: 21
Agghhh the piano video!!! I just can’t imagine recording that and thinking.... yeah, that’s worth sharing with the world. What did the poor piano do to deserve that level of abuse?!
It's no wonder her fingers are sore if she hits the keys that hard

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I would absolutely love it if the squiggles persuaded Jack it would be a good idea to do a YouTube Christmas medley on Christmas Day. Just something great for us to pull apart piece by piece and look at the ‘shy don’t look at me’ pose she did in the video again. So whiny. So pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I've been lurking rather than contributing, heavy cloud looming and all that. You lot have helped keep my spirits where they should be, thank you all for that. You should be prescribed by the lady doctor, (along with red lipstick obvs) because you are doing as much for me as the little blue pills. 🤗🤗🤗

I am doing ok, but yesterdays announcement floored me. Manchester has been in various stages of lockdown since March, except for a few weeks in July. I am reaching my limit.

Jack's antics have given me anger and humour (thanks to you lot) in equal measure. To quote my mum, God rest her, "that Jack, she's a one". Well my mum never said Jack as she never heard of her, but you know what I mean.

Noticed that there is a bee at ten o'clock, just to say it isn't me. I don't do Twitter.

I am pretty certain Kirsty reads here, along with quite a few other journalists. Keep up the pressure Kirsty.
The bee isn't me either.

Have a big hug. I'm in tier 2, but my sisters etc are tier 3.all I want to do is to see them properly, it's just been so long.

And as for those idiots cramming into the London trains to spread the new mutation amongst us all, thanks a lot for nothing. Where I live, and my sisters have worked so hard to get the rate down.

I live in a very popular tourist city that has been full of folk this last weekend, not locals but people from as far away as Birmingham and London who want to come and have a nice time (by that I mean get drunk).

Right, rant over and back to the slop

Made me think of good old Les
It takes real skill to play that badly! He was a very accomplished jazz pianist was our les.

We went to see him record a radio show, and he played the piano, first of all very well and we thought we wouldn't hear him in all his glory, then he started to slip in the odd wrong note whilst grinning at us. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe

This is how I imagine Beethoven sat at his piano
Something that puzzles me, I have a few friends that play the piano, one professionally and they all use both hands to play, am I missing something here, are they wrong and jack right? Was she perchance taught by someone who only had the use of their right arm?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Hope she feels well soon. I am glad she is being quiet. She needs to rest and get well. Nobody will die without her mince pie mashup recipie and no one will miss her innane tweets about what's best type of Brussel sprout Christmas dinner accompaniment.
Perhaps after this she will turn over a new leaf and start actually producing decent food and content. ( Then again perhaps not)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Jack liked these posts, dear god will she ever stop. I've got a friend like this, I posted on fb about not being able to get a vegan hot chocolate at Costa and I was told soya milk is bad for thyroid🙄 I don't even have anything wrong with my thyroid🤷‍♀️

Anyway Jack has never seen a rheumatologist or has ever been on those medications, she just likes to think she is, same that she tells everyone she is a full time single mum(mom). She will be lying low to ensure everyone is worried and will give her even more attention. Will the next post be like the glittery black eye, live from her bed in hospital?

View attachment 354867View attachment 354868

They have very limited (duck all) knowledge there. If she were (and she isn't) taking those, she'd be assessed at moderate risk back in April/May (so gallivanting across the UK would have been a no-no), but the advice was 'Meh, try not to get it'. And more to the point, as oral steroids aren't commonly prescribed for RA for more than a couple of days (and she certainly doesn't have an 'I'm taking oral steroids' face, nor was she eligible for food parcels as somebody who is, the injectable ones are not only a significantly lower risk profile (as they're either intra articular - and by duck, would we have heard about those - or a depot in the arse muscle, so last longer/have fewer side effects), they're being used as a TREATMENT in ITU.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.