Jack Monroe #100 Jack Monroe and The Jimmy Nail Experience - she’s still lying

Who was the mysterious tall man Jack spent all day in heels with and we won’t find out until Xmas?

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @kachoochoo for the centennial thread title! 68 reactions 🎉
Vlad bless these threads and all who sail in her. We are now one hundred. Kombusky all round (but not for Jack, she’s underage).

Recap of thread #99

1. Not content with being Southend’s political correspondent, she also provided forensic commentary (translation: guff) on US election night. Sit the duck down, Cooper, she needs to see Nebraska!
  2. This included claims she watched her own c-section as a prize for spending 30 hours of childbirth in silence.
  3. #JackMonroeslockdownlarderbyJackMonroetheoneandonlyJackMonroewhodoeslockdownlarders is back with a whimper. She’s providing a service in these trying times, so um, send in your queries - but not too many cos she’s BUSY on a train (that’s gross, Jack).
  4. Jack’s Top Tips: Soup, curry, stew, Google’s not for you, get your curry sloppy and make sure the stew is brewed. Also - any herb will do.
  5. Her lip-bustingly large grapes have possibly been been triangulated to ... <whispers> Ocado.
  6. The first rule of being one of her patrons, is You Don’t Talk About Not Receiving Goods That You’ve Paid For Through Patreon. She’s doing everything by herself, ok? Cut her some slack, she’s only 12, as is evident from recent photographs of her.
  7. Looks like her dinosaur nap ran overtime - she was late to her own lockdown larder. Jack, Jack, what do I do with a couple kilos of potatoes? Oh, mate. Don’t set her off, we’ll be here all night.
  8. Lockdown larder isn’t doing any favours for her follower numbers.
  9. Jackbot 2020 overheated and spouted a lot of nonsense #sowhatelseisnew
  10. She blamed her Mediterranean arse.
  11. She’s changed her name. Oh, Attention! You are a tricky mistress and Jack cannot conquer you.
  12. Full Meta Tattle. Novak Nail.
  13. She had a pop at Theresa May then Trump.
  14. More thoughts on the US presidential election. Much forensics. Many embarrassment.
  15. She’s written out the lockdown rules. For the love of liver, Jack, what about your damn Thrifty Shades of Beige postcards?!
  16. Nope, who cares about that? Not her, she’s writing out her nearest and dearests’ schedules and posting it on Twitter, as anyone worried about safety and security would.
  17. Aaaaaand, while she’s on a roll with practising her handwriting, she’s going to show everyone how hard her finger is on the pulse of the US election.
  18. Her recent follows have helped this newest branch of her forensic interest.
  19. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    [*][*][*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*][*][*]
    Special mention to @Veronicaaa for the suggestion of: I got 99 threads but the witch ain’t done (it was very close and deserves a mention 😂❤)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 138
My money was always on you getting the #100 gig. I trust that @Alansbigplate is OK?

P.S. I assumed that Mama B is Louisa's Mum. If she has voluntarily returned to the Twilight Zone, then one can only surmise that she is complicit in all of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Was just posting this as the previous thread closed! -

Allegra used to refer to herself as "Mama", read it a few days ago, need to dig out receipts. Also thought that class wise she would be a "mummy" though.
But this all doesn't answer the question why L is Mama B. Odd.
Louisa can't be Mama B as it's on the list that Louisa is able to care for 'Mama B' post-op. Mama B might be Louisa's mum or something, as she doesn't appear anywhere else on the list.

Reactions: 24
Re: the poll, Who is Jacob Rees-mogg? I only know the haunted coat rack or whatever she called him!

EXCELLENT recap @Pocahontas and I loved the gif from @Montrachet!

thanks to all the Frauen involved in bringing me 100 threads of laughter through this awful time, and an MBE to @Alansbigplate for the gif/face app work. Though, grandpa Joe Jack haunts my dreams.

Now, duck off x

ETA: I should have said 99 threads of laughter, but I’m assuming the 100th will be as good!!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Congrats on the thread title @kachoochoo and of course our Dear Heart @Pocahontas for the great thread and recap.

I never ever thought when I was back on thread one and everyone was just realising what a bleep Jack Monroe was, that we’d get to 100 threads of scampering mischief from our dear heart. Just goes to show what an absolute idiot she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
She's just followed another bunch of US politicians and political commentators. Including Bernie Sanders. Got her finger on the pulse, our Journo Jack!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Screenshot_20201105-094134__01.jpg
Too thick to be able to quote from a previous thread. The 'B' is the initial of L's mothers surname - they don't have the same last name.

We also seem to have another squiggle ready to join the coven!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
A perfect title for thread 100. 😂

I did wonder if Jack was still reading but judging by her comments of the last few days I'd say she is. Hi Jack, sent out those postcards yet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Was just posting this as the previous thread closed! -

Louisa can't be Mama B as it's on the list that Louisa is able to care for 'Mama B' post-op. Mama B might be Louisa's mum or something, as she doesn't appear anywhere else on the list.
I knew I had missed at least one female member of the blended family group. Good grief, there's more social mixing that is acceptable on her schedule during a lockdown in a pandemic than I do normally.

She really doesn't understand what a lockdown means or it's intended purpose. It is all a game to her. Well if her very ill mother, or post operative mama B, contracts covid because of her pushing the rules to the limit the blame lies at the doorstep of the crappy bungalow.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Couldn't post before the last thread closed but I see the Tory 'mama' goblin gobby gobshite of sarfend strikes again. She revels in her middle class status, has a mama and a daddy (fancy) and likes to look down on the lower classes from her crappy bungalow with stairs. I hope some of her followers take umbridge with the public transport gross (another Americanism) comment. Many people are reliant on buses and trains and there is nothing wrong with that. It's also better for the environment.

Jack left a couple of things off her list:
Do not take first class sleepers up to Edinburgh like an obnoxious wanker.
Deliver on your Patreon pledges and wear a mask when visiting the PO.
Stop being a bleep please.

P.s also think the note said post op and agree it could be Louisa's mum. Unless she has been given a silly nickname by Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I wanted to comment on previous thread but it’s closed! 🤣

previous poll was nearly 400 at last look. So the cabal is growing like a scoby. Be interesting to see how many this gets.

question are 12 year olds allowed to ferment? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I couldn’t do a full grunk of yesterday’s Cack-fest, but luckily did see the list of stupidity. Thankyou, Jack, for supplying us with pure gold for the 100th thread. (Had to defy autocarrot to write that)

What THE duck.

Support bubbles don’t crisscross in every possible direction you absolute bleeping moron!

My mum has bubbled with her MIL, because that’s the right thing to do, and that means I can’t bubble with my mum and stepdad. I work from home and have a husband, therefore I don’t NEED childcare. I WANT childcare, but I don’t need it. Therefore, I won’t be having it. My kids will see my mum during dog walks to a park within waking distance of our two houses. No cuddles, which they’re old enough to understand the reason behind. That’s that.

Why isn’t her dad supporting her mum??? I thought he was retired?

We have formed a support bubble with a person who has zero childcare options, and is a genuinely lone parent. Key thing is though, that our kids are in the same class, so any chance of infection is IMO the same as them going to school together every day. That person has no other support bubble. Otherwise I wouldn’t do it, because again you’re stretching the potential rate of spread. Which is the whole point of this bastarding lockdown.

And another thing!!! Re the US election, Jack, we don’t need your 0.5 of a GCSE knowledge of the swing states and flipped states, thanks. Anyone interested can access this information online. Anyone who has a “forensic political knowledge” won’t need to write down Michigan or Wisconsin in big stupid letters with highlighter. I managed to have a conversation about them yesterday without having written it all down like a teenager.

Your bubble is bullshit. Get a forensic knowledge of how viruses spread will you, you bleeping twerp!!

Oh, and may I please ask the ladies and gentleman of the jury (I still have court hope), to strike any sympathy I had for Louisa off the record. Stupid is as stupid does. Mug.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
I'm sat in jury service waiting for a court trial to start and there is waaaaay too much cringe worthy stuff to comment on (the GCSE revision notes! The carefully placed sticker over L! The 5 year old's grasp of American politics!) but 'church for private prayer'...say WHAT now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
The one hundredth thread! What a time to be alive.

Who else was on thread #1? My first post was about the Kickstarter, not much has changed!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Hmmm if Louisa's mum has had an op then L is probably quite vulnerable and stressed - Jack saw her chance and manipulated her way back in there. The cringey, bossy inclusion of L's family (nothing to do with Jack) on the list is just another manipulation tactic to force L back into her 'household'. Geez my eyes are rolling so hard they're gonna get stuck.

I have zero sympathy for Louisa in this situation though. It will all crash and burn again, especially if L moves back into the BUNGALOW.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Hmmm if Louisa's mum has had an op then L is probably quite vulnerable and stressed - Jack saw her chance and manipulated her way back in there. The cringey, bossy inclusion of L's family (nothing to do with Jack) on the list is just another manipulation tactic to force L back into her 'household'. Geez my eyes are rolling so hard they're gonna get stuck.
it's super controlling isn't it? I might try writing up covid rules for Mr Blurst, stick it on the fridge and see how he reacts to it. I think it might involve telling me to kindly duck off

Also why does she need to specify home 😂. I'm sure Louisa is super grateful that Jack has confirmed that she is in fact allowed to go back to her own home 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.