Jack Monroe #99 Great Eggspectations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meat-free frauen, do you ever eat protein sources that are not white beans? Every tweet is "replace the chicken/sausages/bacon/full roast dinner with a tin of beans if you're vegan"
I *only* eat white beans, with any kind of herb, doesn’t matter which, and I freeze all the water that they come in.
I am level 7 vegan and even I don’t use bleeping butter bean juice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Ok. I give up. Not knowing how to use up cherry tomatoes? And the most interesting advice is 'make a tomato sauce'?

How about:

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/moonblush-tomatoes

Or make a tomato chutney. Jamie can help:

• Haha
Reactions: 32
would it not be better for her to come up with one idea and link to a recipe on her website? Of course that would actually make sense which not something jack makes a habit of doing

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I *only* eat white beans, with any kind of herb, doesn’t matter which, and I freeze all the water that they come in.
I am level 7 vegan and even I don’t use bleeping butter bean juice.
Vegan. Completed it mate. 😂

No. Now duck off.

So, are we done? Can we all go for a piss and a sandwich now?

(Sorry for the flurry of posting. I'm waiting for a call to pick up MrF from hospital and I am bored, twitchy and in need of distraction)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
#JackMonroesLockdownLarder reminds me of the claim that eskimos have 50 words for snow. She has 50 words for slop. Soup, stew, various curries, tagine, risotto... it’s all slop when she’s cooking it

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Genuine question and with the utmost respect, but what does this mean? Am fully prepared to be shamed as a clueless fool..
It means nothing, it’s just what we joke about when other vegans are holier than thou about stuff

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Babe she adds the wine at the same time as tomato puree. She doesn't even cook off the wine. Another genuinely upsetting recipe 😩😩

View attachment 299517
It is actually upsetting isn't it? I mean, she can knock herself out if she wants to eat sour overly winey flavoured risotto, but I get sad at the thought of people making it and thinking (a) their skills are at fault when it all goes to tit and (b) wasting food or having to eat something grim instead of something lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
as am quite aware that there’s a lot else going on at the moment I'm losing followers by the bucketload

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 17.47.22.png

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.