Jack Monroe #100 Jack Monroe and The Jimmy Nail Experience - she’s still lying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s gone from not affording butter to ABOMINABLE amounts of butter
It's so infuriating. Obviously she mentioned not affording butter but by talking about it at length now she is absolutely parading it around and rubbing her followers' faces in it.

Imagining for a second she really hadn't been able to afford butter, but had a change in fortune that meant she suddenly had a bit more financial flexibility (you could always afford the bleeping butter, Jack) why on earth would you make such a big song and dance over it when you KNEW there are followers who are still in financially very precarious positions!? It's almost gleeful, very childish, 'na na nana na'-ing. Really vindictive and spiteful. Many of her squigs are genuinely sweet and won't point out her sudden butter wealth, but no way will it have gone unnoticed by all of them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Imagine being taught to cook by Jack who apparently can't even stick a potato in the oven for an hour without bleeping it up. I'd sooner study at the Mary Mallon School of Cookery.
Lest we forget, this is the same woman who claims to be too knowledgeable to have ever needed cooking classes herself.

Did anyone catch the top tweet?View attachment 302038
Knowing as we do that her claimed reading speed is so fast as to complete a book a night, does that mean then that reading parts of a book for her is whatever she can manage in a quick flick through whilst standing at the book shop shelf? She couldn’t just say ‘no’..

Hint hint, nudge nudge Louisa...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Going to be glued to the glorious Matt today waiting.

We know Jack reads here.
Others must as well.
Come on Nigella, Jay, Matt and all you other people involved in the food industry and see this utter cuntery of YOUR Colleague.
Someone who claims you all as 'friends'.
Send us AND her a sign. You know the language used on these threads.
You all know just a couple of words on Twitter or Insta will drop the clue.
Then perhaps Jack will drop the pretence and stop taking money from those who can ill afford it.
Stop telling people they can afford food while she cheats.
You are all complicit with your silence.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hi canal! Congrats on thread 100. I've been BUSY but got the pedalo here before it closed. Fave Jack moment is her freezer advice on DKL (have one and use it) Chefs kiss to you all. And a big hhhhhhnnnnggggggggrrrrrr

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I know I haven’t kept up with the whole ‘lockdown regulations on the fridge’ thing, but did we get an explanation about why she needs a bubble buddy? I live on my own. As soon as bubbles were allowed last time, I started seeing my partner again - he has shared parenting responsibility which carried on. Since then we have carried on as we were before, obviously within other restrictions - sometimes I stay at his house and vice versa, mostly we’re just at our own houses going about our business. Is there some reason she has had to have buddy that didn’t exist before hospitality and the leisure industry temporarily closed but nothing else changed (tier dependent)?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Geoffrey Palmer sadly died today, a fine actor. One of his most successful roles was in Butterflies. One for the more mature fraus but I think JM has a similar love of cooking and ability in that department as Ria!
Not sure which was worse her custard or gravy, both were static

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh and there was me naively thinking it was one of her maverick off the cuff letdown larder lightbulb moments. To know that this was a premeditated idea makes me just want to stop the world and get off...!!

WHAT HAS SHE GOT AGAINST WHITE SAUCE??
I just think it’s ironic that she rinses the sauce off anything she can and then blends the resultant abomination into...well, basically a sauce.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh and there was me naively thinking it was one of her maverick off the cuff letdown larder lightbulb moments. To know that this was a premeditated idea makes me just want to stop the world and get off...!!

WHAT HAS SHE GOT AGAINST WHITE SAUCE??
Because she doesn’t understand ingredients and how to combine them, she can’t actually make a white sauce, it is totally beyond her

Reactions: 19
Hi canal! Congrats on thread 100. I've been BUSY but got the pedalo here before it closed. Fave Jack moment is her freezer advice on DKL (have one and use it) Chefs kiss to you all. And a big hhhhhhnnnnggggggggrrrrrr
Talking of freezer advice, the lovely Shivi Ramouter is on Saturday Kitchen thismorning.

It really is telling how Jack's never been invited on it. Last week, Matt made a semifreddo - imagine if Jack had been there! Remember when she commented this on her Guardian article :ROFLMAO:
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 06.14.55.png

And we discovered her semifreddo looked like this:

302F7A8B-6104-45AF-9C90-3BE41221C81B.png

To compare, Sir Matt of Forearms' semifreddo:

1604734981494.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Talking of freezer advice, the lovely Shivi Ramouter is on Saturday Kitchen thismorning.

It really is telling how Jack's never been invited on it. Last week, Matt made a semifreddo - imagine if Jack had been there! Remember when she commented this on her Guardian article :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 302212

And we discovered her semifreddo looked like this:

View attachment 302213
To compare, Sir Matt of Forearms' semifreddo:

View attachment 302215
🤢 hers looks like the gatherings from the kitchen sink thingy.

whispers we are past 1000 🥺

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
The ABSOLUTE bleeping GALL of Jack Monroe to publicly doubt someone’s integrity.

I don’t know loads about Mary Trump but she has an actual PhD (what’s that like, Jack? Oh, wait, you don’t know) and is widely believed to be the source of Trump’s leaked tax documents.

Compare to Jack, who keeps noticeably schtum about her family’s property portfolio to keep her grift alive.

Another little dig at Louisa, for approving the booking of a guest who Jack has a “feeling” about and isn’t HER, expert on everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Good morning! New thread ➡

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.