Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geranium

VIP Member
Why would you go to Starbucks for coffee when you’re in Italy and there will be a million great authentic coffee bars to choose from?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Lpops

Vic is 33 next birthday. A bra is not a top, I don't want to see that much flesh on show after 30. Doesn't matter if it's a £30, £300 outfit or £3000, its 'mutton dressed as lamb' material from someone craving to be back in their twenties. Grow Up.
So as soon as you’re over 30 you have to cover all flesh as you’re past it? I’m sick of the whole Vic/bra on show thing too but saying you’re mutton dressed as lamb at the age of 30 is crazy 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

QueenDecember

VIP Member
You know what's really stupid? Building your business around a platform you don't own that can go away in a second.

Even more stupid? Determining your self-worth from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Inthefrow and her man were the only two arseholes there that didn’t even dress in the proper attire even though everyone else did for Diwali and I don’t know about you guys but that to me just screams arrogance and this is supposedly like even bloody wolfiecindy dressed for the occasion appropriately but honestly I can’t stand any of them, Janice in particular have been getting on my nerves a lot recently.
Janice’s hubby dressed up in proper traditional attire as did Patricia bright, these two from what I could see were the only ones dressed the opposite, the hosts probably didn’t mind too much but I still thinks it’s a little disrespect to not even try and immerse yourself into what seems to be a traditional that your “friends” hold dear, it looks ignorant.
This thread is so determined to find flaws in every single inch of Victoria's life that she was going to be 'wrong' whatever she wore. She chose a dress and it's deemed arrogant but if she had worn a sari, she would have been accused of cultural appropriation.

If I was Kaushal and saw the state of Inthefrow I would’ve pulled her aside told her how ugly the dress looked and told her to go home and never return to a Diwali event dressed like that ever again! It’s so puffy she looks like old spat out chewing gum.
The only thing she did wrong was to choose an ugly dress. But I can't hold that against her if she truly likes it. And I can't believe that she would have taken Beau without first garnering permission to do so.

There is enough behaviour to share and highlight here that IS inappropriate, bad business or money grabbing, then her innocent behaviours can stay that way without fabrication of arrogant or superiority complex intent.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I found it obnoxious! Talk about wasteful over consumption. And yes, how many nearly identical plaid Holland Cooper “trench’s” does a person need? One would be one too many for me.
The role/'art'/'skill' of being an influencer is to expose a certain industry or market to consumers, right? That is the paid job that has come out of people sharing their passions in video or blog form... the target is the consumer from an age group or income bracket with shared interest/hobby...
But almost always, it's the 'average consumer' that is your target audience.

For your life to 'influence' and people to engage, content has to be relatable or unusual. So either by being a normal average consumer yourself or being super different and outside the norm. Vic WAS the former who is aiming to show her everyday as an advert to inspire others who lack identity, time or care to have an opinion on lifestyle items (and decor).

But following her growth, she is no longer a normal luxury consumer... She is just a sales channel because her life on film is just purchases.
She has forgotten than normal people don't WANT to watch you working, they want to see content and spend time with the creator in their normal life bubble they related to. For that reason, parts of the influencer lifestyle should not be shown on video. People are seeking passionate insight to inspire their life choices;. It may be how to do makeup, how to put an outfit together,
BUT
Like on QVC, people don't film and televise the stock room clear out, or people doing the packaging recycling or accounts... They should get on and do their stock management as a fact of the life of that business/industry.

I'm fed up with influencers trying to get recognition for filming HOW they do their job because normal viewers aren't wanting to learn how to be a influencer, they want to see which coat is the most practical or versatile or uniquely beautiful because they will buy 1-3, not own the range!
Manage your stockroom off air!
I hope this makes sense and waSnt just a rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

jaymie

VIP Member
I am not a huge lover of fashion, lmao she brought a Dior bag to a Gucci event. Is like inviting your ex to your wedding. Weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Jerseycowci

Long time lurker here. I think I might actually be in the minority of people on this thread who genuinely enjoys her channel and have watched her for years, but obviously there’s many things about Victoria I dislike which is why I like to read through here.
One if those things is the fact when things she owns break or start to wear (excluding clothes and shoes that she gets restored for free as you know, she needs the handout.. 🙄), she will buy it again brand new rather than pay to have it fixed. I really noticed it again a few months back when her really expensive coffee machine broke and she got a new one rather than seeing if someone could fix the one she had, and she justified it by saying it lasted a year which was impressive with all the coffee they both make. I have a coffee machine which is close to 8 years old which I use at least twice daily and it works just as well as when I first got it, and it was probably 1/6th of the price of hers if not less.
I just remembered that when watching today’s vlog where she said she bought a new dining room rug as the old one was stained and Vanish didn’t get the stain out, but if she can afford to buy a new rug she could definitely have afford to get it professionally cleaned. Just seems so wasteful and obviously money is no object for her.
Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 36

mg95

VIP Member
Fully Indian over here and grew up in Canada. There's no rules about who can celebrate Diwali. Comparing it to passover is not a fair comparison because it's really not at the same level of religious. While it's officially a Hindu celebration, multiple religions celebrate (Sikhs, Jains, etc). It's honestly pretty secular at this point. As a kid in a very white town at a mostly white public school, we'd learn about Diwali and put up decorations in the halls. There's an NHL team wearing Diwali themed jerseys for their warm-up this evening. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas threw a big Diwali party in LA last night and invited their celeb friends like John Legend and Chrissy Teigen. In my experience, Indians have a very welcoming attitude of "the more the merrier" with these types of things. It's not like Vic woulds have been putting on a bindi and going to Coachella. Wearing an Indian outfit would have been appreciation rather than appropriation, but I also don't mind her wearing western clothing. The style of her dress wasn't the most fun or festive, but nothing wrong with it being a dress at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Deeny85

Why was she invited in the 1st place?

I'd understand if she (and the others) non Hindu people were invited to a Wedding or birth celebration of sorts - the equivalent of Christening - but Diwali? It's a beautiful occasion, don't get me wrong... all cultures and faiths are welcome but stay on your lane?

I mean, I am not Jewish, I'd never be invited to celebrate Passover and why should I?
Actually Jewish culture fascinates me but that's beyond the point.
You are wrong in this instance in my opinion. We would welcome everyone and anyone to celebrate any happy occasion with us. The more the merrier. Why not?

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Geranium

VIP Member
Her weight loss is making her look sickly, this photo makes me feel sad for her. Ive watched her for quite a while and I dont think that im seeing something that isnt there, Im not shaming her body type I hope it doesnt seem that way. Her chest and the way the lines are around her mouth seem like the telltale under weight look.
I know what you mean. I think Vic worries that her lower body is too big so she diets and exercises to keep it slim but that means her top half becomes very thin. It’s worrying that she described feeling low at fashion shows surrounded by thin, beautiful women - she clearly does not see herself as slim and beautiful, which I personally think she is. I wonder if she will ever be thin enough in her eyes to feel beautiful? It’s so sad as she will one day look back at photos and realise how stunning she was and wonder why she did not see it. When I was in my twenties I thought I was fat and plain with awful hair, but photos show me as slim, pretty and with nice hair! Why are we so hard on ourselves?

• Heart
Reactions: 33

AmaliaLana

VIP Member
Dunno if anyone else is watching the Facebook/Instagram whistleblower congressional hearing today — but it bears the question of responsibility.

wonder how responsible vicky finds her content to be? 👀 All these ads she shares are widely available to young, impressionable users. Users who in study after study report that Instagram damages mental health and promotes irresponsible spending and other harmful behaviors. Not to mention all the cookies her affiliate links deposit on their devices, tracking their actions and further lining Vicky’s pockets.
I posted it already some days ago in another thread (I think Josie's??). In my eyes, Influencers are predators.

They don't care if gaslight their fans into buying shit no one needs, not matter if that fan can afford the over-consumption or not. In an ideal world, every consumer would make a well-thought-out decision. But if we would live in an ideal world, those leeches would have no job or at least not earn what they earn. They are not our friends, but they do like they are. Preying on the vulnerable, shopping addicted.

They are building their career onto those vulnerable consumers, let that sink in. But they think they provide some elevated artistry or whatever. All the lies they tell, about products (if they like it, if they paid it, etc), aff links (oh, I only earn a teeny-tiny commission, it won't affect you - forgetting to mention the cookies, etc), and then having the fucking nerve to blame their followers or the FREE platform they are using, when their "engagement" is getting less.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Influensters

I’m sure I’m not the only one in the universe that thinks her eyebrows are absolutely comical? Who did her this dirty by telling her it’s a good look? Like.. what? Lmaaooo

DBCE792D-9812-4F76-9854-A20BD030DB8E.png

4A309B1B-3EC9-474A-86F6-0174BD68B7D6.png

2960B2E9-537F-48D0-9A73-F95F2EFDC52C.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
On this day and age, to find people on this threat complaining because she didn't wear a sari...I mean:rolleyes:
Please, read the room.
I'll mock Vikki for a lot of things, but as a fellow white girl, I would not feel comfortable rocking up in a sari for a holiday event. Should she have gone brighter and more fun with her outfit? Yes. Would we be slating her for cultural appropriation if she'd wrapped herself in a culturally significant costume for an instagram event? Also yes.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

lecaviar

I'm so confused as to why she's gushing and freaking out over her friends wearing her collection if she literally sent it to them for free to wear & post about it

• Haha
Reactions: 30