InTheFrow #12 Tacky fountain in the yard having fashion sense is hard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay now I see why Valentino didn’t extend her an invite to their Pais show… 😳
She tries soooo hard to look sexy and seductive, but . . . she just isn’t. That nose, yikes! And the glowy skin she seems to be aiming for just ends up looking greasy. Wouldn’t you think that a beauty influencer would actually know what to do with makeup?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And the skin doesn’t even look glowy. It’s greasy like you said, but also looks so unnatural an like she’s used a blusher brush and put the highlighter all over her skin. She kinda looks a bit like the tin man.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So she basically went to Milan to shoot some pictures in last season’s outfits? Oh yeah and to have starbucks and pizza. Lol how absolutely tragic. Saying in her fashion week vlog that it’s been such a rat race of “shoot, edit, upload”. Well Vicky just FYI but for the real fashion influencers it’s a rat race of…you know…fashion shows?

32BCF583-AB94-4081-A071-F843F4373D9E.jpeg

876A62DC-C13D-4BAB-B9D2-BFF3314B3164.jpeg
CAB95F39-52F6-41A9-B5FF-8889952CC1AA.jpeg
B3670712-0E20-4A43-A3B0-65ACCBBCB64A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why would you go to Starbucks for coffee when you’re in Italy and there will be a million great authentic coffee bars to choose from?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

LOL!! Actually, Victoria, I do NOT want to see bullshit ads and pathetic instagram shilling and deliberately scroll past them and stop watching stories when they come up. Weird, how the algo has "learned" (why the "" btw? Computer programs don't lie) from user behaviour that they hate ads, yet you claim we don't? Someone is lying and I kinda know who that is. :giggle: Those cheap manipulation tactics are so embarrassing I have no idea how she can look into the mirror.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
LOL!! Actually, Victoria, I do NOT want to see bullshit ads and pathetic instagram shilling and deliberately scroll past them and stop watching stories when they come up. Weird, how the algo has "learned" (why the "" btw? Computer programs don't lie) from user behaviour that they hate ads, yet you claim we don't? Someone is lying and I kinda know who that is. :giggle: Those cheap manipulation tactics are so embarrassing I have no idea how she can look into the mirror.
Also why did she put “ads” between “”? 😅 love how these influencers are trying to gaslight us into believing that the majority of their content is not what we think it is, which is paid for advertising

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Mannnnn! That MOAN. Way to be ungrateful for her followers and scold them for not doing enough for her. The lack of self awareness. Maybe people don’t like that reel because it’s fugly as duck - and not because of the big bad “algorithm”. 🙄🙄🙄

Curious. Have you ladies ever seen another influencer write and publish tit like that??

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You know what's really stupid? Building your business around a platform you don't own that can go away in a second.

Even more stupid? Determining your self-worth from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Dunno if anyone else is watching the Facebook/Instagram whistleblower congressional hearing today — but it bears the question of responsibility.

wonder how responsible vicky finds her content to be? 👀 All these ads she shares are widely available to young, impressionable users. Users who in study after study report that Instagram damages mental health and promotes irresponsible spending and other harmful behaviors. Not to mention all the cookies her affiliate links deposit on their devices, tracking their actions and further lining Vicky’s pockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She'll probably repost a summary of the hearing onto her stories and comment over it like "that's why I am conscious about what I post on social media because it can really damage confidence blah blah blah have bad impact blah blah blah" and the next day post a photoshopped bikini picture for yet another perfume ad or a reels of her half naked getting dressed in her attic.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Dunno if anyone else is watching the Facebook/Instagram whistleblower congressional hearing today — but it bears the question of responsibility.

wonder how responsible vicky finds her content to be? 👀 All these ads she shares are widely available to young, impressionable users. Users who in study after study report that Instagram damages mental health and promotes irresponsible spending and other harmful behaviors. Not to mention all the cookies her affiliate links deposit on their devices, tracking their actions and further lining Vicky’s pockets.
I posted it already some days ago in another thread (I think Josie's??). In my eyes, Influencers are predators.

They don't care if gaslight their fans into buying tit no one needs, not matter if that fan can afford the over-consumption or not. In an ideal world, every consumer would make a well-thought-out decision. But if we would live in an ideal world, those leeches would have no job or at least not earn what they earn. They are not our friends, but they do like they are. Preying on the vulnerable, shopping addicted.

They are building their career onto those vulnerable consumers, let that sink in. But they think they provide some elevated artistry or whatever. All the lies they tell, about products (if they like it, if they paid it, etc), aff links (oh, I only earn a teeny-tiny commission, it won't affect you - forgetting to mention the cookies, etc), and then having the bleeping nerve to blame their followers or the FREE platform they are using, when their "engagement" is getting less.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I don't think we'd ever see Vicky post about today's hearing. Or if she did, she'd be missing the point by a longshot. She is a top contributor to the machine that preys on people's body image and poisons the mental health of the very users today's hearing was about.

And then of course is the personal privacy issue.

Of all the influencers I observe, she is by far the absolute WORST when it comes to shoving affiliate links down people's throats. She doesn't even answer a simple question when someone asks where something is from in her comments. Instead, she directs them to a link that puts behavior trackers on their device to collect data that retailers and big tech capture and sell.

It's going to be interesting as more privacy laws and regulations come into play on social media. Today's hearing was very insightful and I think Frances Haugen's testimony will have an impact. Exploiting users, letting their personal data be captured and then sold to anyone who pays - including hackers - is a very crooked business. And that's where Vicky gets her paycheck.

But she's oh so so so PROUD babessssssssssssssssssssss 😉🐍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Everyone in Noteworthy in Fashion: memorializing the legendary Alber Elbaz

Vicky: swipe up for an affiliate link!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well that’s a WRAP on fashion month and “In the Frow” Victoria sat in a grand total of exactly….

ZERO front rows.

🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Everyone in Noteworthy in Fashion: memorializing the legendary Alber Elbaz

Vicky: swipe up for an affiliate link!!
OMG you beat me to it! The tributes 😍😍😍

Should’ve predicted I couldn’t rely on Vic to provide compelling insight and deference 😂

Reactions: 5
It’s odd to me she bothers with fashion week at this point too.

She’s clearly separated out from everyone else. I guess she is trying to stay in the good graces of the few brands that accept her - mostly the beauty sectors. But I definitely wouldn’t push myself to go where I was so noticeably unwanted.
She doesn’t want to end up completely irrelevant like Lydia.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.