InTheFrow #12 Tacky fountain in the yard having fashion sense is hard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I think this event actually happened in London as I follow Janice Joostema and they all had their dogs but inthefrow and her man were the only two arseholes there that didn’t even dress in the proper attire even though everyone else did for Diwali and I don’t know about you guys but that to me just screams arrogance and this is supposedly like even bloody wolfiecindy dressed for the occasion appropriately but honestly I can’t stand any of them, Janice in particular have been getting on my nerves a lot recently. Also this dress has got to be the ugliest thing I’ve seen on a “high end, luxury, fashion influencer” I don’t know the fact that they didn’t even bother to get into their “friends” culture and dress for the occasion just rubs me off the wrong way.
p.s. someone please make a forum on Janice joostema she’s so fake these days and super sus

Reactions: 14
Is it appropriate for guests to dress up in traditional outfits for an event like this? I’m assuming if the other non-Indian attendees did, it was encouraged or allowed?

The twats look sooooo out of place, as usual! But also… is Alex’s hairline receding already post-transplant??? 👀

Vicky’s dress looks like a summer bathrobe I have tbh. It’s great for around the house but I wouldn’t venture to the corner shop let alone a party in it 😂😂
I knew that outfit looked familiar! It’s Betty Draper’s housecoat!

C29F84D2-7FD7-4906-A511-286B76138F29.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is it appropriate for guests to dress up in traditional outfits for an event like this? I’m assuming if the other non-Indian attendees did, it was encouraged or allowed?

I knew that outfit looked familiar! It’s Betty Draper’s housecoat!

View attachment 847566
Janice’s hubby dressed up in proper traditional attire as did Patricia bright, these two from what I could see were the only ones dressed the opposite, the hosts probably didn’t mind too much but I still thinks it’s a little disrespect to not even try and immerse yourself into what seems to be a traditional that your “friends” hold dear, it looks ignorant. If I was Kaushal and saw the state of inthefrow I would’ve pulled her aside told her how ugly the dress looked and told her to go home and never return to a Diwali event dressed like that ever again! It’s so puffy she looks like old spat out chewing gum.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Inthefrow and her man were the only two arseholes there that didn’t even dress in the proper attire even though everyone else did for Diwali and I don’t know about you guys but that to me just screams arrogance and this is supposedly like even bloody wolfiecindy dressed for the occasion appropriately but honestly I can’t stand any of them, Janice in particular have been getting on my nerves a lot recently.
Janice’s hubby dressed up in proper traditional attire as did Patricia bright, these two from what I could see were the only ones dressed the opposite, the hosts probably didn’t mind too much but I still thinks it’s a little disrespect to not even try and immerse yourself into what seems to be a traditional that your “friends” hold dear, it looks ignorant.
This thread is so determined to find flaws in every single inch of Victoria's life that she was going to be 'wrong' whatever she wore. She chose a dress and it's deemed arrogant but if she had worn a sari, she would have been accused of cultural appropriation.

If I was Kaushal and saw the state of Inthefrow I would’ve pulled her aside told her how ugly the dress looked and told her to go home and never return to a Diwali event dressed like that ever again! It’s so puffy she looks like old spat out chewing gum.
The only thing she did wrong was to choose an ugly dress. But I can't hold that against her if she truly likes it. And I can't believe that she would have taken Beau without first garnering permission to do so.

There is enough behaviour to share and highlight here that IS inappropriate, bad business or money grabbing, then her innocent behaviours can stay that way without fabrication of arrogant or superiority complex intent.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Why would you take your dog to an indoor event with a whole load of people milling about? He's not an accessory. Get a dog sitter or don't go. She looks so out of place.
View attachment 847216
Lol, the clothes by "frontrowlondon". 🤣

Maybe they did the most sensible thing and decided not to dress up in Indian traditional clothing as the only white people (and Brits, the colonizers of India)? I don't mind her not wearing traditional but Western clothing. It also prevents comments of "Oh, Vic looks so great in sari" or what else, whilst all the others getting ignored. I also don't dislike her dress. They surely asked if they could bring Boe, maybe they had no sitter for that evening?

This thread is so determined to find flaws in every single inch of Victoria's life that she was going to be 'wrong' whatever she wore. She chose a dress and it's deemed arrogant but if she had worn a sari, she would have been accused of cultural appropriation.
This!
I am half Indian and I don't mind her wearing Western clothes. It's also a difference if Vic would wear traditional vs Patricia, because of history.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17

The only thing she did wrong was to choose an ugly dress. But I can't hold that against her if she truly likes it. And I can't believe that she would have taken Beau without first garnering permission to do so.

There is enough behaviour to share and highlight here that IS inappropriate, bad business or money grabbing, then her innocent behaviours can stay that way without fabrication of arrogant or superiority complex intent.
I agree. I honestly don't see anything wrong with her wearing a dress. But the dress kinda screams bathroom to me, I see the effort in dressing appropriately. The dress is beautiful, but she chose that ugly fabric, whereas she has a wardrobe of *gifted / AFF link designer dresses in her closet.

I appreciate the effort, but poor girl doesn't really know how and what to dress.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
On this day and age, to find people on this threat complaining because she didn't wear a sari...I mean:rolleyes:
Please, read the room.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
On this day and age, to find people on this threat complaining because she didn't wear a sari...I mean:rolleyes:
Please, read the room.
I'll mock Vikki for a lot of things, but as a fellow white girl, I would not feel comfortable rocking up in a sari for a holiday event. Should she have gone brighter and more fun with her outfit? Yes. Would we be slating her for cultural appropriation if she'd wrapped herself in a culturally significant costume for an instagram event? Also yes.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Totally agree with you ladies! It’s not a bad thing that she didn’t dress in a sari. It’s not her culture and she probably also got permission to bring Boe!

BUT….

I also bet if she was kindly gifted a sari she would have worn one. 🤗 She just didn’t act fast on that apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I really don't think she tried to be PC here. Nobody would have shamed her for dressing in appropriate attire for a Diwali celebration hosted by an actual Hindu. It's not like a bunch of white people dressed up as Indian for a costume party or at an Indian themed dinner party.
Either way, that dress is awful, her lack of fashion sense strikes again. Even a more festive/colorful western outfit would have fit the bill.

(I also come from a cultural background where it's considered really rude to not dress accordingly to an event, so I might be biased)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m half Indian and there would be no issue at all with her wearing a sari or lenga or western outfit suitable for the event. That dress is not exactly right for the occasion. A more suitable dress would be the multicoloured Zimmerman halter dress with some nice jewellery.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really don't think she tried to be PC here. Nobody would have shamed her for dressing in appropriate attire for a Diwali celebration hosted by an actual Hindu. It's not like a bunch of white people dressed up as Indian for a costume party or at an Indian themed dinner party.
Either way, that dress is awful, her lack of fashion sense strikes again. Even a more festive/colorful western outfit would have fit the bill.

(I also come from a cultural background where it's considered really rude to not dress accordingly to an event, so I might be biased)
Why was she invited in the 1st place?

I'd understand if she (and the others) non Hindu people were invited to a Wedding or birth celebration of sorts - the equivalent of Christening - but Diwali? It's a beautiful occasion, don't get me wrong... all cultures and faiths are welcome but stay on your lane?

I mean, I am not Jewish, I'd never be invited to celebrate Passover and why should I?
Actually Jewish culture fascinates me but that's beyond the point.

Reactions: 3
Why was she invited in the 1st place?

I'd understand if she (and the others) non Hindu people were invited to a Wedding or birth celebration of sorts - the equivalent of Christening - but Diwali? It's a beautiful occasion, don't get me wrong... all cultures and faiths are welcome but stay on your lane?

I mean, I am not Jewish, I'd never be invited to celebrate Passover and why should I?
Actually Jewish culture fascinates me but that's beyond the point.
You are wrong in this instance in my opinion. We would welcome everyone and anyone to celebrate any happy occasion with us. The more the merrier. Why not?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
You are wrong in this instance in my opinion. We would welcome everyone and anyone to celebrate any happy occasion with us. The more the merrier. Why not?
I have never seen white people including neighbors around Hindu's celebrating specific festive dates.

Clout chasing is a thing in social media so I guess that all makes sense for them to be there...

Anyhow, I was trying to understand.
Thanks for your time.
That's all.

I have never seen white people including neighbors around Hindu's celebrating specific festive dates.

Clout chasing is a thing in social media so I guess that all makes sense for them to be there...

Anyhow, I was trying to understand.
Thanks for your time.
That's all.
I’m half white and half Indian so I had all my white side of the family attending Indian celebrations. Just because it doesn’t happen enough doesn’t mean it shouldn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Fully Indian over here and grew up in Canada. There's no rules about who can celebrate Diwali. Comparing it to passover is not a fair comparison because it's really not at the same level of religious. While it's officially a Hindu celebration, multiple religions celebrate (Sikhs, Jains, etc). It's honestly pretty secular at this point. As a kid in a very white town at a mostly white public school, we'd learn about Diwali and put up decorations in the halls. There's an NHL team wearing Diwali themed jerseys for their warm-up this evening. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas threw a big Diwali party in LA last night and invited their celeb friends like John Legend and Chrissy Teigen. In my experience, Indians have a very welcoming attitude of "the more the merrier" with these types of things. It's not like Vic woulds have been putting on a bindi and going to Coachella. Wearing an Indian outfit would have been appreciation rather than appropriation, but I also don't mind her wearing western clothing. The style of her dress wasn't the most fun or festive, but nothing wrong with it being a dress at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I don't like the bathroom dress but am just glad this girl is leaving her closet. I was starting to wonder if she was locked up there

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She doing a Q&A on stories but I’ve no idea what’s she’s saying cause she’s not bothered captioning them 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.