InTheFrow #12 Tacky fountain in the yard having fashion sense is hard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry how many coats does one person need esp when half look identical?
I found it obnoxious! Talk about wasteful over consumption. And yes, how many nearly identical plaid Holland Cooper “trench’s” does a person need? One would be one too many for me.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I found it obnoxious! Talk about wasteful over consumption. And yes, how many nearly identical plaid Holland Cooper “trench’s” does a person need? One would be one too many for me.
The role/'art'/'skill' of being an influencer is to expose a certain industry or market to consumers, right? That is the paid job that has come out of people sharing their passions in video or blog form... the target is the consumer from an age group or income bracket with shared interest/hobby...
But almost always, it's the 'average consumer' that is your target audience.

For your life to 'influence' and people to engage, content has to be relatable or unusual. So either by being a normal average consumer yourself or being super different and outside the norm. Vic WAS the former who is aiming to show her everyday as an advert to inspire others who lack identity, time or care to have an opinion on lifestyle items (and decor).

But following her growth, she is no longer a normal luxury consumer... She is just a sales channel because her life on film is just purchases.
She has forgotten than normal people don't WANT to watch you working, they want to see content and spend time with the creator in their normal life bubble they related to. For that reason, parts of the influencer lifestyle should not be shown on video. People are seeking passionate insight to inspire their life choices;. It may be how to do makeup, how to put an outfit together,
BUT
Like on QVC, people don't film and televise the stock room clear out, or people doing the packaging recycling or accounts... They should get on and do their stock management as a fact of the life of that business/industry.

I'm fed up with influencers trying to get recognition for filming HOW they do their job because normal viewers aren't wanting to learn how to be a influencer, they want to see which coat is the most practical or versatile or uniquely beautiful because they will buy 1-3, not own the range!
Manage your stockroom off air!
I hope this makes sense and waSnt just a rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
L O L

this getup is a complete joke. Is she so blinded by labels she doesn’t see what a mess this is?? It’s terrible. Terrible!

Whoever was shooting at the wash cloth store with her really ought to have said something. I know I would have. Saying it’s not working somehow and let’s try something else would be the KIND thing to do!!!

Attachments

Reactions: 13
Genuine question, when you wear turtleneck jumpers, do you wear them half covering your chin like she does? How does this not end up caked in make up? She seems to be constantly adjusting the jumper to almost cover her mouth, and the amount of foundation she wears, I'm guessing the jumper neck would get pretty gross pretty quickly!

ETA, I've got two pairs of TODs shoes that are really comfy and I quite like, but her working with them is really putting me off the brand!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Genuine question, when you wear turtleneck jumpers, do you wear them half covering your chin like she does? How does this not end up caked in make up? She seems to be constantly adjusting the jumper to almost cover her mouth, and the amount of foundation she wears, I'm guessing the jumper neck would get pretty gross pretty quickly!

ETA, I've got two pairs of TODs shoes that are really comfy and I quite like, but her working with them is really putting me off the brand!
She also always picks the ugliest pieces for her Tods ads, or they’re just throwing her the dregs and the not the good collections.

Reactions: 9
L O L

this getup is a complete joke. Is she so blinded by labels she doesn’t see what a mess this is?? It’s terrible. Terrible!
Is that even a question? She is wearing the tackiest tit possible, as if she wants to be seen as bougie nouveau riche. Other, real LuXurYinfluencers wear this tit because they have to and they get sent tons of stuff, change their outfit 5 times a day, but with Vic it always strikes me as her actually liking this stuff! Who would buy and wear branding all over like some cattle cow other than Love island contestors and dear Vic? Even Amelia Liana wears a white plain shirt sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
L O L

Whoever was shooting at the wash cloth store with her really ought to have said something. I know I would have. Saying it’s not working somehow and let’s try something else would be the KIND thing to do!!!
There are simply no words for this blunder. The saddest fact is that she doesn’t seem to realize it or realize how bad she looks in it. Although to be fair, who would look good in those hideous shorts?

But, it has that label and logo, so therefore, it has to be great. Wrong, Vic. It’s still ridiculous. Clown fashion for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No, it certainly isn’t- not with those muscular legs. And, those silly boots just cut her legs in two and shorten them visually. She could really benefit from a stylist who isn’t afraid to tell her that it does work for her regardless of how appealing the designer label is.

Reactions: 12
🙄🙄🙄 Vic, when have you done anything to promote body positivity?

Also, I really wish skinny, white women would stop with the “all bodies are beautiful” rhetoric and actually do something to change the systems in which marginalized bodies have to live.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's easy to promote "body positivity" when you're literally the size society has told women for decades they should be. Vicky and Carly can duck right off.

No one wants to hear what white skinny women think about loving your body. 🙄

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
It's easy to promote "body positivity" when you're literally the size society has told women for decades they should be. Vicky and Carly can duck right off.

No one wants to hear what white skinny women think about loving your body. 🙄
THIS!!!!!!!

I have been struggling with weight ALL. MY. LIFE. I'm classified as a binge eater, and I have been labeled all sorts of names growing up. Clothes shopping and weighing scales terrify me.

It puts me off when skinny women of all backgrounds promote such 'positivity' to women like myself. It's not easy battling an ED, but fashion tends to invalidate women that are bigger, curvier, or those whose sizes cannot be found on the brands.

Influencers are tone-deaf when it comes to REAL ISSUES AFFECTING REAL WOMEN. But real women don't sell their integrity for money. We work hard to get what we want. We find meaningful relationships with people, not everything is posted online. Real women accepts and works through criticism, unlike Victoria who limits her comments when people are calling her out.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Geez is edge of ember saddling up with her for a 3rd collection when they can’t even sell out the existing ones??? 👀
Maybe there’s a three collection clause in her contract, and she’s holding them to it?

It’s not ugly but it’s just . . . ordinary. Nothing memorable or particularly interesting about it.

Reactions: 6
Maybe there’s a three collection clause in her contract, and she’s holding them to it?

It’s not ugly but it’s just . . . ordinary. Nothing memorable or particularly interesting about it.
And also there are just so many DTC jewelry companies out there that if EoE doesn’t have a style you like then there’s some place out there who does. And everything’s she’s put her name to for EoE looks like so many others. There’s nothing unique about her collections, no matter what she says.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.